Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

Well, I am ashamed every time I need to vote as my principle is everyone who gets involved in politics should be put down like a dog with rabies.

But in this case it might be also because of the fear of retribution. As our bubbles get more and more polarised you can lose your job or get beaten in the streets for having the wrong political view.
Well, I am ashamed every time I need to vote as my principle is everyone who gets involved in politics should be put down like a dog with rabies.

But in this case it might be also because of the fear of retribution. As our bubbles get more and more polarised you can lose your job or get beaten in the streets for having the wrong political view.

aaah ... all those macho MAGA men afraid of such contingencies... it reinforces my view that if he wins it will be out of fears and hatred , nothing bright and positive
Republicans stopped being great after Bush Senior. Now its just a cult and/or a scared peoples’ party

Reactions: Pk24
it reinforces my view that if he wins it will be out of fears and hatred , nothing bright and positive

I am around 80% sure he will win the second term and 100% sure it is exactly because of fear and hatred. And 110% sure he doesn't care why as long as he wins.

Reactions: Frenchy
my principle is everyone who gets involved in politics should be put down like a dog with rabies.

I'll drink to that.

Reactions: Frenchy and MikeH
Reactions: Majestyk
By the way, Trump or no Trump your beloved 401k is going to tank big time. Starting.... now

Did it start yet? Because all I saw this morning was a 300 point drop due to a minor tech selloff. Granted, I'm no expert on the stock market but that's hardly newsworthy. I would think last week's plunge was far more important, even though we're, what...3k points up from a few months ago? But my 401k is hardly "precious." I started it mostly as a novelty experiment when I began my current gig about seven years ago, and only because this company does 100% matching up to a certain amount. Anyone who lived through 2008 should know better than to place trust in a 401k. Whenever I leave this current gig, which is hopefully soon, I've told my advisor I wanted all of those assets converted to something more reliable, most likely some sort of IRA. Most of my assets are in IRAs and precious metals, and the rest tied up in long-term jumbo CDs at my credit union. And the interest from my CDs (although very low these days) pays for my trips to Japan, alcohol, fancy watches and running shoes. I'd call that a very balanced lifestyle.

But back to the subject at hand...

As scientists hustle to develop a coronavirus vaccine, the push for first dibs is already underway

The CDC is asking the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine to develop a "priority list" that will determine who gets the vaccine first. Special interests are demanding priority goes to such groups as firefighters, minority populations, prisoners and homeless. Some groups want priority to be categorized by race.

That bullshit aside, the current plan prioritizes high-risk healthcare workers and first responders. After that, the roll-out will be done in phases.

Phase One: those with high-risk health conditions, older adults living in congregate settings (nursing homes).

Phase Two: teachers, elderly, those with medical risks, homeless and prisoners.

Phase Three: essential worker and children

Phase Four: everyone else

Personally, I'd like to see homeless and prisoners completely removed from any sort of priority list, as well as the "minority populations" category, as we all know that will only pertain to certain "minorities" (and I'm reasonably certain that "Asian" isn't one of them).

It will be interesting to see how the Japanese government develops a priority list, if it does, and something tells me it will be far more intelligent than any lists currently being proposed in the U.S.

Personally, I'd like to see homeless and prisoners completely removed from any sort of priority list, as well as the "minority populations" category, as we all know that will only pertain to certain "minorities" (and I'm reasonably certain that "Asian" isn't one of them).

lol! Are you trolling yourself here? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: just4fun

Don't worry, Aunty Kamala will look after her own when she is President. She will get you towards the front of the line, and on track for a Gotanda rub 'n tug.

Don't worry, Aunty Kamala will look after her own when she is President. She will get you towards the front of the line, and on track for a Gotanda rub 'n tug.

I don't trust that bitch and neither should anyone on TAG. Despite her pandering now, during her years as prosecutor she earned a reputation as being not only extremely tough on harmless crimes, but has the distinction of locking up more minorities for non-violent and drug-related crimes than her predecessors and she actually used to brag about it. But what should really worry people here is her historical position on P4P activities.

1) As California AG she was a vocal opponent of Prop K, which would've decriminalized prostitution in San Francisco.

2) She was also instrumental in shutting down Backpage.com, which was used by a whole lot of us stateside, and that includes filing lawsuits and pressing charges against the website's owners for promoting sex work.

3) She sponsored a number of other efforts to shut down P4P in California and nationwide.

In fact, the Rolling Stone Magazine did a nasty article on her outlining all of her hypocrisy. It's pretty fucking bad when Rolling Stone is bashing a Democrat.

Don't believe any of Kamala's bullshit pandering now. She's no friend of ours, no friend of freedoms. Even her own father trashed her for her bullshit. There's a reason she dropped out of the presidential race even before the first caucus. She's an awful bitch and should never be in power again.

Reactions: newbie and Nixon2
Anyhow, the news is reporting that the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine trials are now on hold after a volunteer came down with some mysterious illness. That means it's just Moderna and Pfizer in the lead and gearing up for approval in the U.S., no change from yesterday but disappointing news nonetheless. The media hasn't reported any details on this "illness" but some networks have hinted that it wasn't very serious and that AstraZeneca is simply following standard Phase III protocols to ensure safety.

Still, better now than later.

I don't trust that bitch and neither should anyone on TAG. Despite her pandering now, during her years as prosecutor she earned a reputation as being not only extremely tough on harmless crimes, but has the distinction of locking up more minorities for non-violent and drug-related crimes than her predecessors and she actually used to brag about it. But what should really worry people here is her historical position on P4P activities.

1) As California AG she was a vocal opponent of Prop K, which would've decriminalized prostitution in San Francisco.

2) She was also instrumental in shutting down Backpage.com, which was used by a whole lot of us stateside, and that includes filing lawsuits and pressing charges against the website's owners for promoting sex work.

3) She sponsored a number of other efforts to shut down P4P in California and nationwide.

In fact, the Rolling Stone Magazine did a nasty article on her outlining all of her hypocrisy. It's pretty fucking bad when Rolling Stone is bashing a Democrat.

Don't believe any of Kamala's bullshit pandering now. She's no friend of ours, no friend of freedoms. Even her own father trashed her for her bullshit. There's a reason she dropped out of the presidential race even before the first caucus. She's an awful bitch and should never be in power again.

ah ah... ok so basically a Republican is now criticizing K.Harris because she was... tough on crime, minorities , drugs and prostitution. :ROFLMAO:
Wow!
Hey dude, if I was trying to get elected , I would not hire you to write my propaganda BS , sorry. This one is too obvious

Reactions: Tabanico
ah ah... ok so basically a Republican is now criticizing K.Harris because she was... tough on crime, minorities , drugs and prostitution. :ROFLMAO:
Wow!
Hey dude, if I was trying to get elected , I would not hire you to write my propaganda BS , sorry. This one is too obvious
But hypocrisy is the point

Reactions: Keihan
But hypocrisy is the point

yeah , how about that other hypocrisy? : « don’t let those awful people take away your weed, your hoes and prosecute your friendly illegal immigrant drugs dealers... Vote Trump! » :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

looks to me K.Harris is considered a bitch here just because she was doing her job. Had she been too lenient on the opposite, you would hear the same guys whining « sloppy tree-hugging hippie commie chick... so weak on crime, drugs etc... »

(but I must admit , reading our dear Keihan Chikan with this type of arguments made my day :))

Last edited:
Wow!

Try re-reading what I wrote. You're obviously missing the point. And I have never, ever been in favor of increasing punishment for non-violent and petty drug offenses, and neither is any fiscal conservative because it isn't economically feasible or morally justifiable. I'm obviously not in favor of punishing prostitution, and wouldn't be doing myself much favor pursuing harsher prosecution of ethnic minorities.

I've got a good one for, Frenchy. You'll love this. Would love to hear your response on this. In modern history, many presidents have run on platforms promising "criminal justice reform." You heard Obama talking about it and the "systemically racist and biased criminal justice system in America" all the time, and yet he, our first black president (and Joe Biden) did absolutely nothing to help black prisoners. In reality, there has been only ONE American president who has actually addressed real criminal justice reform, used his executive privileges to rectify un-just imprisonments for non-violent drug-related offenses, is actively pushing congress to restructure the criminal justice code and has used the power of the Oval Office to force federal prisons to release decades-imprisoned black and minority felons who were given ridiculous terms for first-time, non-violent drug offenses. Can you name him?

I can. DONALD TRUMP.

And that's how you end up with speakers like this at the RNC. You can hate Trump all day long, but go ahead and watch this five minute speech and tell me Trump was wrong to free Alice Johnson and she should be thrown back in prison.

And here's what you're REALLY not going to like. Trump's approval ratings among black registered voters is up ten points and growing this year.

yeah , how about that other hypocrisy? : « don’t let those awful people take away your weed, your hoes and prosecute your friendly illegal immigrant drugs dealers... Vote Trump! » :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

looks to me K.Harris is considered a bitch here just because she was doing her job. Had she been too lenient on the opposite, you would hear the same guys whining « sloppy tree-hugging hippie commie chick... so weak on crime, drugs etc... »

(but I must admit , reading our dear Keihan Chikan with this type of arguments made my day :))

I've said it before, you shouldn't let your emotions get the best of you. And just think, I'M the one with a stiff drink next to his keyboard right now.

Try re-reading what I wrote. You're obviously missing the point. And I have never, ever been in favor of increasing punishment for non-violent and petty drug offenses, and neither is any fiscal conservative because it isn't economically feasible or morally justifiable. I'm obviously not in favor of punishing prostitution, and wouldn't be doing myself much favor pursuing harsher prosecution of ethnic minorities.

I've got a good one for, Frenchy. You'll love this. Would love to hear your response on this. In modern history, many presidents have run on platforms promising "criminal justice reform." You heard Obama talking about it and the "systemically racist and biased criminal justice system in America" all the time, and yet he, our first black president (and Joe Biden) did absolutely nothing to help black prisoners. In reality, there has been only ONE American president who has actually addressed real criminal justice reform, used his executive privileges to rectify un-just imprisonments for non-violent drug-related offenses, is actively pushing congress to restructure the criminal justice code and has used the power of the Oval Office to force federal prisons to release decades-imprisoned black and minority felons who were given ridiculous terms for first-time, non-violent drug offenses. Can you name him?

I can. DONALD TRUMP.

And that's how you end up with speakers like this at the RNC. You can hate Trump all day long, but go ahead and watch this five minute speech and tell me Trump was wrong to free Alice Johnson and she should be thrown back in prison.

And here's what you're REALLY not going to like. Trump's approval ratings among black registered voters is up ten points and growing this year.

Bravo Trump!
(Happy?) :)

I've said it before, you shouldn't let your emotions get the best of you. And just think, I'M the one with a stiff drink next to his keyboard right now.

Oh come on , it was a nice emotion ! Laughter for 2 minutes straight! Don’t take that away from me , Mr Killjoy :kiss:

hey if Trump makes P4P legal , promise , I ask for US citizenship and will vote for him, his son, and his daughter after that (or before, not sure who’s next in line in the dynasty)

Oh come on , it was a nice emotion ! Laughter for 2 minutes straight! Don’t take that away from me , Mr Killjoy :kiss:

hey if Trump makes P4P legal , promise , I ask for US citizenship and will vote for him, his son, and his daughter after that (or before, not sure who’s next in line in the dynasty)

1) I could honestly see Trump doing something like partially decriminalizing sex work through executive order if he gets a second term.

2) If you ever tried to get U.S. Citizenship, I'd be worried that the USCIS investigators would subpoena your internet activity records, read all the things you've written about DJT and deny your application.

3) Ivanka would be his successor. I would vote for her. I hope I can meet her one day. Then she would be the first POTUS that I'd both met and masturbated to (Stuff Magazine, 2006, still have the copy in my old bedroom somewhere). Eerily prophetic if you look at the placard on the table.

11ce1d34b150f92922128c562c632b58

In case anyone is following the developments with the halting of the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine trials, the news is now reporting that the volunteer who became ill, a woman in the UK, suffered from neurological symptoms and will likely be released today.

Doctor's believe it was caused by a rare but serious spinal inflammatory disorder, and confirm that this subject did receive the actual vaccine rather than a placebo, but cannot say whether the inflammation was linked to the experimental vaccine. A previous volunteer who became ill in July and caused testing to be paused was later confirmed to have multiple sclerosis not related to the vaccine treatment.

In other news, the DJI has snapped back and erased almost all of yesterday's losses, closing at just below 28k.

NEJM's recent perspective essay - "Facial Masking for Covid-19 — Potential for “Variolation” as We Await a Vaccine" is presenting an interesting set of hypotheses.

It says, "If the viral inoculum matters in determining the severity of SARS-CoV-2 infection, an additional hypothesized reason for wearing facial masks would be to reduce the viral inoculum to which the wearer is exposed and the subsequent clinical impact of the disease."

In other words, putting on a face mask wouldn't prevent you from being infected with the virus but would increase a chance to be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic with Covid.