Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

I miss TJB and warubuta where’d they go?
My theory regarding TJB is that he was right about that tattooed woman, and now her husband has him chained up as a sex slave.

Warubuta is, of course, the husband.

Naaah Keihan isn’t into micro-aggression anti-gaijin conspiracies and for me at least that was what made TJB’s posts priceless

You surely got the privilege of seeing that particular drama develop. I had to fast forward and read in disbelief unsure if it was real or a particularly long and complicated joke :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, hope this COVID ends soon, thanks to vaccine, herd immunity or the dear, usual old grit.

Reactions: Frenchy
Woke up to the good news before my jog this morning. Dow is set to close at a new record high. Fauci obviously knew this was coming, since was gleefully hinting at a result at "90%, maybe a little higher" since last week and he's always so guarded and cautious. He's now running his mouth about vaccinations beginning in December so he must already be getting word about the emergency approval from the FDA. But seeing as how today's news caused the markets to go apeshit again, and Moderna is basically run by NIH and the federal government, I'm hoping this causes more of the conspiracy theorist assholes stateside to get spooked and refuse the vaccine.

This bodes very well for the general American public, or anyone hoping for general distribution coming soon. Say the estimated population in America is 300-million. Since kids aren't going to be prioritized at all, and since it's reasonable to say that informed citizens who may want the vaccine are also likely to vote in elections, look at this year's numbers. Roughly 150-million adults voted in the 2020 elections. Recent polling says almost half of Americans are thus far afraid to get the vaccine. So in theory, there could only be around 80-million Americans willing to get their shot this year. If what Pfizer and Moderna have been claiming is true, the initial roll-out of each brand next month will be at least 20-million doses for distribution in America, so at least 40-million total doses of vaccines that require two doses 3-4 weeks apart, with production projected at roughly 20-30-million doses per month after that, so upwards of 20-million Americans might be fully vaccinated each month beginning December.

That means the entire willing population of Americans could be vaccinated by Spring. Of course, that's just my bullshit speculation. Or perhaps me just being desperate for a vacation. I can't imagine any country on Earth is itching to let Americans in right now, vaccinated or otherwise.

So Pfizer says FU to Moderna's FU, swallowed a bunch of their own boner pills for their final results and just reported a 95% final effective rate with no major side effects. Now asking for immediate emergency usage.

Reactions: Acid Burn
So Pfizer says FU to Moderna's FU, swallowed a bunch of their own boner pills for their final results and just reported a 95% final effective rate with no major side effects. Now asking for immediate emergency usage.

It gets even better than that. Now that distribution is basically imminent, state governments have begun hastily naming vaccine priority categories. Around here, the idiot fucking governor obviously gave in to the ACLU types because the four priority levels are:

1) Healthcare workers, individuals over 65 and those in high-risk groups. Ok, that's good. Definitely agree.

2) Prisoners and occupants of homeless shelters. I don't know who the fuck thought it was a good idea to basically reward criminal behavior and vagrancy. Seems to me society would be better off if we rather denied vaccinations to these groups and culled the herd in 2021.

3) Teachers and schoolchildren. Teachers, absolutely, but why the fuck would you be prioritizing asshole little kids who are overwhelmingly asymptomatic and basically not even affected by this virus?

4) Everyone else. And from the looks of it, this might be as far away as next summer.

So now I'm contemplating whether or not it's worthwhile to pretend to be homeless and check into a shelter for a few days until I can score a shot. Probably end up catching something much worse than COVID in those disgusting sties. Plus, I'd have to significantly alter my appearance, as I've run a number of volunteer campaigns assisting at the major shelters over the past decade (it was politics, not because I'm a caring individual) and the directors would probably recognize me.

Worst case scenario, I can go back to teaching part time again. But I think I'd prefer the shelter.

3) Teachers and schoolchildren. Teachers, absolutely, but why the fuck would you be prioritizing asshole little kids who are overwhelmingly asymptomatic and basically not even affected by this virus?

They are vectors... this shouldn't be a tricky concept.

They are vectors... this shouldn't be a tricky concept.

They also don't get hospitalized and die from the virus. That's why the CDC's operational guidelines sent out to states last month do not even include children in any of their lists of critical groups or priority distribution planning, and in recommendations from other health organizations, children come in dead last in the priority lists, after healthy adults. That's also why not a single large scale or Phase III trial in the U.S. has included children under 12.

They shouldn't be receiving the vaccine before adults, period. That's not a tricky concept at all. Luckily for America, it appears only my state's governor is too fucking dumb to realize this and the rest of the country is following the CDC and using some semblance of common sense.

They also don't get hospitalized and die from the virus. That's why the CDC's operational guidelines sent out to states last month do not even include children in any of their lists of critical groups or priority distribution planning, and in recommendations from other health organizations, children come in dead last in the priority lists, after healthy adults. That's also why not a single large scale or Phase III trial in the U.S. has included children under 12.

They shouldn't be receiving the vaccine before adults, period. That's not a tricky concept at all. Luckily for America, it appears only my state's governor is too fucking dumb to realize this and the rest of the country is following the CDC and using some semblance of common sense.

Maybe they did this so you can leisurely and safely watch Miran et al from home?

Maybe they did this so you can leisurely and safely watch Miran et al from home?

No matter what distribution rationale is followed, unless I can weasel my way into a specialized government position with priority access, I'm going to be part of the very last group that gets vaccinated, probably after the coming spring. It's ok, Japan should be open to visitors by then if they want the Olympics to have any hope. Unfortunately, I won't be able to travel again until Fall 2021 at the earliest. Hopefully Miran is back working by then.

On the bright side, it was Trump that was going to let individual states and governors (like our idiot fuck governor) decide how to distribute the vaccines. Since he'll be gone, shortly, and Biden is promising to utilize the traditional Democratic totalitarian approach to the COVID response, especially with the vaccines being such a precious resource, I'm pretty sure he'll send his FDA/CDC goons to straighten out governors not employing approved distribution guidelines. Always a silver lining.

Like he is not doing it already. And I mean right now, using his left hand to type messages to TAG.

Wrong, buddy. Today I decided to dabble in omorashi. I save Miran for the other half's rare girls night out.

Reactions: MikeH
No matter what distribution rationale is followed, unless I can weasel my way into a specialized government position with priority access, I'm going to be part of the very last group that gets vaccinated, probably after the coming spring. It's ok, Japan should be open to visitors by then if they want the Olympics to have any hope. Unfortunately, I won't be able to travel again until Fall 2021 at the earliest. Hopefully Miran is back working by then.

On the bright side, it was Trump that was going to let individual states and governors (like our idiot fuck governor) decide how to distribute the vaccines. Since he'll be gone, shortly, and Biden is promising to utilize the traditional Democratic totalitarian approach to the COVID response, especially with the vaccines being such a precious resource, I'm pretty sure he'll send his FDA/CDC goons to straighten out governors not employing approved distribution guidelines. Always a silver lining.
Wouldnt it be easier for you to get a Japanese passport? Then problem solved

That would mean giving up his US passport and thus his guns. I don't see that happening with him any more than with me. :p

Reactions: Keihan and just4fun
That would mean giving up his US passport and thus his guns. I don't see that happening with him any more than with me. :p
He’s not obliged to tell the US side I suppose. And vice versa.

Reactions: maikeru
He’s not obliged to tell the US side I suppose. And vice versa.

US wouldn't care anyway. But when you apply for Japanese citizenship you need to promise to give up the other one. While they have never revoked citizenship from anyone born with two they do regularly do that for people who get their citizenship as adults and get caught for not having given up their old one.

But yeah it's like smoking pot in Japan, doesn't hurt anyone as long as you don't get caught. I would still strongly suggest against both as the consequences of getting caught are pretty extreme and the odds are really not in your favour.

Reactions: maikeru
US wouldn't care anyway. But when you apply for Japanese citizenship you need to promise to give up the other one. While they have never revoked citizenship from anyone born with two they do regularly do that for people who get their citizenship as adults and get caught for not having given up their old one.

But yeah it's like smoking pot in Japan, doesn't hurt anyone as long as you don't get caught. I would still strongly suggest against both as the consequences of getting caught are pretty extreme and the odds are really not in your favour.
Ok thanks.
Glad for the offspring that she will be able to live in the great empire of Japan or great empire of EU without visa needed then

Reactions: MikeH

I'll be honest, I'd kill myself before I renounced my U.S. citizenship. But for more practical purposes, I've sworn formal oaths of loyalty to the federal government. It may be a technicality, but I'm pretty sure I could be brought up on federal charges for actively seeking citizenship in a foreign nation. Uncle Sam was already suspicious as it was about me spending so many years in Japan.

Besides, us Yankees are getting the vaccine first. And I will dutifully document the side effects here on TAG.

And I will dutifully document the side effects here on TAG.

Even if they include not being able to get hard for Miran anymore?

Reactions: Keihan
Glad for the offspring that she will be able to live in the great empire of Japan or great empire of EU without visa needed then

When she goes to apply for Japanese passport they will ask in that form is she has another nationality. Even while the rule is never to lie in an official document I know many dual people who always check the No box.

That is of course not recommended the least. Because then if they want to get rid of you they don't need to go to courts for you having dual citizenship, they can just say you lied and that's all.

Moreover when you tick the Yes box nobody cares. Similarly if you show up at the border and hand them the other passport by mistake. They just ask for the Japanese one too.

My governor just announced its vaccine protocol based on the expected emergency use request by Pfizer today.
The important part was their plan to have vaccines for the general public in the spring!

Reactions: Keihan
My governor just announced its vaccine protocol based on the expected emergency use request by Pfizer today.
The important part was their plan to have vaccines for the general public in the spring!

Ultimately it's up to individual state governors but it sounds like the Biden Admin is going to implement tighter federal control and national distribution protocols. For state's like mine, with a fucking moron for governor, that might be a good thing.

The preliminary charts I've been seeing from other states all seem to be pretty much in unison as far as Phase I. Medical staff, first responders, then nursing homes and individuals over 65 with multiple high-risk factors. Pretty much where almost all the deaths are, no matter where you are. Where things start to get cloudy is Phase II. Most states are saying "anyone 65 and over," along with high-risk groups of any age, and then comes the tricky part (where I'm hoping to weasel my way in) where they start to mention "critical staff."

Some states say teachers fall into this category. Some say those in the public health sector, not necessarily nurses/physicians. Some say bus drivers and/or hotel staff.

It looks like I'm the only one in my family who isn't clearly in Phase II so I'll have to figure something out soon. I'm not quite desperate enough yet to go teach night classes again and I refuse to be around children. I might be able to get a government position in the emergency management sector that would qualify.

If not, it's going to be a sad spring vacation, home alone with only Miran and Ketel One to keep me company sitting in front of my monitor.

Reactions: Acid Burn