Guest viewing is limited

Dating Apps: A Guide

That confirms my theory that it is a hotspot for SB.
There's a cafe right outside the first set of elevators coming up from the entrance where you get out of the taxi.
In the 3-6pm hour range, you'll see a number of pre-meeting or first-meeting exchanges happening there with new SB's.
No idea why it's so popular there - but I've seen a number of them move to the NY Bar & Grill after finishing up at the cafe.

The bar (at last visit) was still a neat place to sit and watch people. Hmm... probably should make an excuse to go over there again soon.
I don't mind the taxi; but it's just so out of the way from everything else.

It's funny. I once went to have lunch to Park Hyatt grill and most of the guest except us were young cute girls with old men. That confirms my theory that it is a hotspot for SB. :)

Omg, my very first sugar date took me to Park Hyatt for lunch too ... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: biku and Ddddd
I guess this might be a good place to ask rather than making a new thread.
Is Tinder in Tokyo essentially dead now? Most profiles that I see when swiping are either obvious scams or at least seem suspicious, and the only matches that I get look like scam accounts mostly inviting you to send DMs to their twitter that I don't even remember swiping right.
I even decided to try upgrading to Platinum to see if I can actually get some matches as it's supposed to give your profile some level of priority, but nothing has changed and all matches I get are some bots or scams.

I've also tried PCMax and HappyMail recently but the only replies that I was able to get seemed to be from girls that just waste their time there or maybe making money by making male users send messages to them. They mostly sent very short replies so it was dead obvious they weren't interested at all.

Is Tinder in Tokyo essentially dead now?
In New York, almost every single one of my Tinder matches was a scammer. Those rare few real connections drifted away because of all the nonsense. I was Platinum and it still a study in futility.

Reactions: Maxblack
Seeking in the US is also full of scammers. I ended up wasting quite a lot of time early on, before I figured out how to recognize the signs. TLDR - if she's "on a sudden business trip away" and "has her own business" and "has a rich mom/dad/uncle" or some variation of "my sister works at Coinbase and knows a lot about crypto" ... don't waste time and block right away. She is either a scammer or a unicorn ... The "Crazy Rich Asians" fantasy is very exciting, but I'm pretty sure only happens in movies ...

Pairs has been better for me than Tinder. Less scams and bullshit overall but requires more Japanese.

Reactions: DireWolf98
TLDR - if she's "on a sudden business trip away" and "has her own business" and "has a rich mom/dad/uncle" or some variation of "my sister works at Coinbase and knows a lot about crypto"
Yes, I have experienced a lot of these situations.

"Yes, I live in NY, but I have been called away on business to Hong Kong/KL/Shanghai/etc." - that's an immediate Red Flag.

Two girls claimed to be from Osaka, so I used what little 関西弁 I know. One girl immediately blocked me; the other girl steered the conversation in another direction.

It's hilarious when they start to talk about the market and investing as they try to coax me down into The Rabbit Hole. They often claim to have an uncle or father who has a team of analysts. Recently, one girl claimed that she built a team of analysts. Once I know that they are scammers, I go along for the ride for entertainment purposes.

Here is the Tip Of The Iceberg of chats that I have had will these scammers -

Tinder Girl A

I only invest in cryptocurrency now, and my uncle is an expert in this field.

He is a bachelor of economics, a doctorate in finance, has served as the chairman of the Asian Finance Association, and has served on various committees.

Me: Are you claiming that you never lost money?

Tinder Girl A: Yes, as long as I buy it myself with the data analyzed by my uncle's team.

========
Tinder Girl B

Later, I followed my uncle's advice and started to invest in the foreign exchange market. I organized my own analysis team to combine with the inside information of my uncle's bank and made a lot of money

==========
Tinder Girl C

I rely on reliable market volatility news, and every time I trade foreign exchange, I can get a return of between 15% and 25%.

Every period of time in the foreign exchange market, there will be market fluctuations that cause a currency to rise or fall. I just know this reliable news in advance and get a profit.

Here is the Tip Of The Iceberg of chats that I have had will these scammers -

Tinder Girl A
Every period of time in the foreign exchange market, there will be market fluctuations that cause a currency to rise or fall. I just know this reliable news in advance and get a profit.
Do you know how the scam goes from there ? I had one similar experience but did not have the patience to go further.
Like maybe they ask you to transfer money to them so they multiply it and supposedly transfer it back ? That sounds a bit too much though...
The natural next step would be to share an advice and do the investment yourself...

Do you know how the scam goes from there ? I had one similar experience but did not have the patience to go further.
Like maybe they ask you to transfer money to them so they multiply it and supposedly transfer it back ? That sounds a bit too much though...
The natural next step would be to share an advice and do the investment yourself...
Of course, several girls asked me to send money to them or invest with them. When I refuse, they block me; or they insult me and block me. lol

The moment they write "Do you invest?" you know that it's a lost cause.
When I'm trolling these clowns, I have written back "you spelled "incest" wrong" and say "Of course, haven't you?"

Have had plenty of success getting first dates from apps, but how do you carry the momentum of the second date into a lay? Direct for the "hang out at my house", "meet for drinks near the love hotels', or what?

Been in Japan for about a year now, can speak conversational Japanese and Tinder is beginning to irritate me. I get plenty of matches but none of them talk. Ive had a few I was really interested in respond once, apologize for late reply, then immediately vanish again before I can solidify a date.

I get the same interactions along with the scammers. I think actual girls use Japanese dating apps. Quite a few of the apps are filled with people who only want you to spend money. Usually, it peters out when you ask for their contact info and they say they will send it and want to meet, but never send it and will only send something like a first name but no solid contact info to you.

I've learned ways to pick out scammers. Usually the scammers will have their line account as their job occupation. Also the majority of scammers are super hot Chinese girls so I tend to assume they aren't legit.

Still looking for tips on finding non scammers... most contacts seem non-legit and flake out eventually...

Id say the biggest giveaway for scammers is when they immediately try to talk to you on a different platform like Line. Real women would wait until they get to know you before handing out their contact info.

Tinder is complete rip-off. Very common dotakyan, ignoring, just disappear in the middle of dialog. Girls I managed to get out for a date IRL surprisingly unattractive (photo enhancements etc)
Bumble while not that popular also is not far from Tinder(

Nampa near joshidai is the best! lol

Id say the biggest giveaway for scammers is when they immediately try to talk to you on a different platform like Line. Real women would wait until they get to know you before handing out their contact info.
That can be a Red Flag - especially if they invite you onto another platform and then they unmatch you on the dating app (the scammers say that they uninstalled the app because of _____). However, it's easier to share recent pics on WhatsApp and LINE versus many dating apps.

On a side note when it comes to Tinder... Don't remember talking about it so I'll post something here for the record.

I got banned from the app about 8/9 months ago. It means that you cannot appeal, cannot talk to anyone really and this will last up until at least you change phone/number. Believe me I've tried to work my way out of this and I guess it ain't as easy as it sounds. They seem to ban your device/wifi, etc. Very, very clever.

But my point was to say that I did nothing wrong at the very first place. Always answered in a courteous and polite manner...

All I remember was that girl offering me sex for money, almost upfront. She sort of sounded like a girl next door and a bit lost.
I politely refuse and told her that we could instead meet and have coffee. No more.
Next thing I know: banned forever.

So folks, watch out! They tend to be doing a great job at banning legit users, not scammers unfortunately!