Guest viewing is limited

Dating in Japan with herpes

riverr

TAG Member
Reaction score
Will it be tough dating in Japan as a foreign woman with herpes (hsv2)?
Does Japan have the same level of nasty stigma attached to it as Western society?

In my experience most Japanese girls are not aware of it. I just tell them I get a skin rash every now and then and we need to be careful. Not sure about the guys but I suspect it's about the same.

I've heard that the STD rate is very high in Japan because of the lack of open sexual education.
There are lots of people having sex here in Japan but they haven't reached a place where they
have learned to be honest and open publicly about sex like Western society - so there are lot of people who are not only
unaware that they have STDs and STIs but completely oblivious of the symptoms and causes.
I don't think that it will be "tough" but it may not contribute to a positive sexually society if you aren't
open with your partner and take their lack of experience for granted. But if you are open I think you'll be ok. :)
-Sasha
xoxo;)

I've heard that the STD rate is very high in Japan because of the lack of open sexual education
Its lower than in the west, lol.

There are lots of people having sex here in Japan but they haven't reached a place where they
have learned to be honest and open publicly about sex like Western society - so there are lot of people who are not only
They go with their colleagues together to pink salons and oppai bars. :D

Yes sure, sex ed could be better here but is also very very bad in the US and only informative and there is room for so much more in Europe.

I agree that the Japanese should be better educated but don't act like the west is better and Asian countries have to adapt, that is totally the wong attitude.

Reactions: MikeH
Its lower than in the west, lol.

They go with their colleagues together to pink salons and oppai bars. :D

Yes sure, sex ed could be better here but is also very very bad in the US and only informative and there is room for so much more in Europe.

I agree that the Japanese should be better educated but don't act like the west is better and Asian countries have to adapt, that is totally the wong attitude.
Hi Alice,
I hope that you've been having a great day.
The message that I posted wasn't to bash Asian countries at all.
I love Japan.
So I hope you don't feel like I was because that wasn't my intent at all sweetheart.
We all can agree that conversations in Asian culture are very very limited and indirect
in comparison to Western society. We are much more open about most things
and much more conversational. When I was speaking of education, I was not
just speaking about education in schools but education at home and friends
educating each other. In public school, in America its mandatory to learn sex
education and education is also free unlike in Japan - so learning about sex in Western society
is inevitable unless you are attending home school
Along with that, during high school
and college if you have an STD or STI the majority of the school will know. Which
leads to the entire institution practicing more safe sex and being forced to be aware.
In Western society, our education isn't always learned through school books - we
learn from each others mistakes, open conversations, gossip and friendships. My father taught me
about STDs - I highly doubt that parental sex education is a common practice in Asian culture.

Wouldnt you agree?
America is also a very innovative and open culture so we change our habits, the way we learn,
communicate and teach very very often.
We talk about STD's, sex and taboo in our music, art, even at church... sex is a HUGE part of our culture.
So whether the teacher is doing their job at school properly - we are constantly being
exposed in Western culture so we tend to do our own research.
So if no one is talking about it how will anyone ever know?
If no one is even comfortable to talk about love in Japan
how can you expect an open conversation about sex?

Im sorry if you felt offended but you can only be real and that's the real issue.
-Sasha
xoxo

Reactions: emiliapoesy
education is also free unlike in Japan

Nothing is free but the public schools in Japan don't have fees for the parents to pay.

If no one is even comfortable to talk about love in Japan how can you expect an open conversation about sex?

Like Tina Turner used to sing "What love's got to do with it?". Especially if you are talking about sex education.​

Nothing is free but the public schools in Japan don't have fees for the parents to pay.
Like Tina Turner used to sing "What love's got to do with it?". Especially if you are talking about sex education.
Sweetie love has nothing to do with it. If you understood my reply thoroughly you would understand
that the statement was for the lack of conversations in Japan ...period. No one is honest about what's
happening in Japan. Japan is secluded from the ENTIRE world.
Japan has the highest suicide rate in the world because of the lack of love, communication
and social freedom/expression.
So whether it be "love" or any other topic the point is, is that there needs to be more conversation
in Japan for the people of Japan to thrive and stay afloat.

In regards to your response about public education fees in Japan, elementary and middle
schools are free of charge but in high schools
(where you would learn about sex education) it costs several fees. I have a friend who's
family could not pay for her to continue her education to
high school so she found a job at a Manga cafe and a massage bar.
Her friends ridiculed her and made her feel as if she were an outcast because of it as well.
You can only admit that there is a major disconnect in Japan socially and STD's are a social topic.

Here you go you can read it yourself http://www.pref.osaka.lg.jp/jidoseitoshien/shugaku/g_english/shu_2_14.html

Last edited:
At the end of the day, Japan is a decent place... every place has their pros and cons but the thread was
about whether it would be tough dating in Japan with herpes. My answer was no, it won't be because there aren't enough educated people
here to determine whether the bump on your coochie is a razor bump or a herpe scar. lol

If you hate Japan so much and think the west is sooooo much better, don't come here!

Reactions: Malick

LOL. You claim Japan has the highest suicide rate in the world and as the proof you quote a random web page that says it is second and uses a picture of Chinese protester's mass suicide to show how bad is the situation in Japan. This is priceless.

All verified data is couple of years old exactly because it is verified. Your source claims to tell the situation in 2017 when we are still living it. You think suicide data gets updated automatically in real time?

If you hate Japan so much and think the west is sooooo much better, don't come here!
Alice... I never said I hated Japan. I love Japan.
Japan has a lot to offer but sex education and conversation isn't one of them.
Luckily, I am American and I am not looking for either. lol
I think I've said that in my response that I do love Japan.
I love America too.
Besides that, my responses weren't to bash any country or
culture but to respond to the thread owners question.
I'm sorry that I am being honest and you probably aren't used to such honesty.
Don't be offended sweetheart and please don't be aggressive be a lady...
read my responses and you can see that there is no hate there.
I pay attention to Japan's culture because I care. If I did not, I would
be totally unaware like you seem like you are. ;)

Last edited:
Alice... I never said I hated Japan. I love Japan.
Japan has a lot to offer but sex education and conversation isn't one of them.
Luckily, I am American and I am not looking for either. lol
I think I've said that in my response that I do love Japan.
Besides that, my responses weren't to bash any country or
culture but to respond the the thread owners question.
I'm sorry that I am being honest and you probably aren't used to such honesty.
Don't be offended sweetheart and please don't be aggressive be a lady...
read my responses and you can see that there is no hate there.
I pay attention to Japan's culture because I care. If I did not, I would
be totally unaware like you seem like you are. ;)

You forgot to use italic with that one; that reduces your points by one. But still a respectable 8.5/10 for trolling. Good work, keep it up!

Reactions: Anna Summer
LOL. You claim Japan has the highest suicide rate in the world and as the proof you quote a random web page that says it is second and uses a picture of Chinese protester's mass suicide to show how bad is the situation in Japan. This is priceless.

All verified data is couple of years old exactly because it is verified. Your source claims to tell the situation in 2017 when we are still living it. You think suicide data gets updated automatically in real time?

Listen, it's very obvious that you are oblivious about what's happening in your own country or you are in hard denial.
Like I said, Japan has a social issue I'll leave a link from wikipedia and it will mention how high the suicide rate
is and the reason (which is unemployment and social pressures) like I said.
Whether it be the number #1 country (which it has been) or number #26 IN THE ENTIRE WORLD out of 193 countries (which is very high)
in 2015
Japan has a MAJOR social issue and it shows everywhere.

https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/...tes-in-the-world-in-2016-550038/?singlepage=1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_Japan

Last edited:
You can talk about love and communication all you want sweetie, but the three worse outcomes of a failing social culture when it comes to responsible sex are unwanted pregnancies and children, STDs and single mothers. Japan has the lowest rates for all three in the whole world. The US has the highest in the developed world. Oops I jumped in.

You forgot to use italic with that one; that reduces your points by one. But still a respectable 8.5/10 for trolling. Good work, keep it up!
Lol you can have your points. Just be honest about issues. No need to be fake.

You can talk about love and communication all you want sweetie, but the three worse outcomes of a failing social culture when it comes to responsible sex are unwanted pregnancies and children, STDs and single mothers. Japan has the lowest rates for all three in the whole world. The US has the highest in the developed world. Oops I jumped in.
Japan is also a dying culture. No one is getting pregnant, the majority of people here are very lonely,
conversations are limited and superficial.
Again, my message was intended to address the social issue and not point at which country is better than the other (which
you all have decided to focus on along with how I choose to write my messages). lol
(But you guys win at the bully culture its unfortunate and very negative. )
My reponse was also not a focus on STD's solely but centered on the lack of education and communication.
You guys are obviously in denial, hate America or simply want to argue about anything. Lol I'll
be the bigger person and leave this debate among you all. We all know the issues and Im sure you do too :)

peace

-Sasha

Last edited:
Listen, it's very obvious that you are oblivious about what's happening in your own country or you are in hard denial.

It could be both though, don't be so selective!

No need to be fake.

Yes, why be fake when you can be a real troll.

It was also not a focus on STD's but centered on the lack of education and communication.

Yeah, we noticed; in answer to a question about STD.

Overall I give you 8 out of 10. The last one was a bit repeating already thus the 0.5 deduction.

I am not jumping into this one. People who center text, use italics as a default, and most of all, call their opponent in a debate, sweetie, are not going to listen. No point in talking to them.
It's a young - trendy American artist thing you wouldn't understand lol;)

I actually agree with SashaSin,
in that having hsv2 as a female
would not be a detriment to dating life in Japan.
I think the average Japanese guy would not know or even care what those bumps are
before sticking his pecker in.
Even in countries with mandatory sex-ed,
a large proportion are still ignorant about common STDs.

I take inspiration from your trendy art ,
hope you don't mind sasha.
-jhinghy567

I actually agree with SashaSin,
in that having hsv2 as a female
would not be a detriment to dating life in Japan.
I think the average Japanese guy would not know or even care what those bumps are
before sticking his pecker in.
Even in countries with mandatory sex-ed,
a large proportion are still ignorant about common STDs.

I take inspiration from your trendy art ,
hope you don't mind sasha.
-jhinghy567
haha isn't it soo cute and charming? lol
Thanks for the laugh jhinghy567
I hope you are having a goodnight :)

Japan is also a dying culture. No one is getting pregnant, the majority of people here are very lonely,
conversations are limited and superficial.
Again, my message was intended to address the social issue and not point at which country is better than the other (which
you all have decided to focus on along with how I choose to write my messages). lol
(But you guys win at the bully culture its unfortunate and very negative. )
My reponse was also not a focus on STD's solely but centered on the lack of education and communication.
You guys are obviously in denial, hate America or simply want to argue about anything. Lol I'll
be the bigger person and leave this debate among you all. We all know the issues and Im sure you do too :)

peace

-Sasha
Because you don’t see people kissing in the street and hugging, you have decided that the problem with Japan is that there is not enough “love”. And because you don’t fully understand how the language works, that sometimes the important thing is what is left unsaid, you have decided that “communication” is the problem. Sasha Sweetie, look closely and you will see that nobody attacked you or defended Japan from what I can see, we just responded to what are obviously incorrect and shallow observations. What the world needs now is love sweet love. That shallow. And if I had a dollar for every time some wingnut pronounced the cause of the problem to be “communication”, I would be a very rich man. We did attack your silly formatting and choice of font as it is well, silly and very worthy of ridicule along with the content of your commentary.