Guest viewing is limited

Dating Then VS. Dating Now

I think dating depended on where you were and what stage in life you are... when you are young and no cash, then you can have a good time just hanging out with someone... park, drive, or whatever.. When you are working then it's a little more complicated to meet people that you like cuz your free time becomes more precious so you don't want to waste it on a lame date... but now, it seems it's about what they can get from you.. especially in Japan - but it could be this way all over the globe... I used to take girls camping... go to a market pick up food and then pitch a tent and build a fire and cook the food. have a couple of drinks and enjoyed the time... in the morning have a dip by the waterfall so it felt like a shower, cook some breakfast once the fire was re-built and stroll through the forest... it was nice, unique to some and nobody around usually...
IMO people spend too much time behind some device.. phone, tablet, PC... as I sit here typing this :D but you can play cards (which most people don't even know how to do anymore) listen to an album, or go to antique shops, or browse flee markets... you don't have to buy anything or you can and it becomes a memory of the time you spend together. I think it comes to Imagination... when you were a kid, did you have a way to entertain yourself with electronics, or did you have to go outside and learn to invent ways to entertain yourself ? I think this is a big part of being able to come up with ideas for dates.
Many have been stated here already, but depending on the person... go with the flow... Recently I met a female, we chatted on LINE, then boom, she is gone... I don't think I said anything out of the ordinary, but who knows... Patience is growing thinner and thinner... as @DanniCake says, why date if you have more fun with friends... there's a lot to be said for that..
This whole SB / SD thing seems topsie turvy to me as well... I think SB should include intimate time, but many potential SB don't seem to think this... hmmmm well, that's about all I can say...

If I really want to date myself... going to the roller-rink was one date option with disco playing loud... :rolleyes:

I think dating depended on where you were and what stage in life you are... when you are young and no cash, then you can have a good time just hanging out with someone... park, drive, or whatever.. When you are working then it's a little more complicated to meet people that you like cuz your free time becomes more precious so you don't want to waste it on a lame date... but now, it seems it's about what they can get from you.. especially in Japan - but it could be this way all over the globe... I used to take girls camping... go to a market pick up food and then pitch a tent and build a fire and cook the food. have a couple of drinks and enjoyed the time... in the morning have a dip by the waterfall so it felt like a shower, cook some breakfast once the fire was re-built and stroll through the forest... it was nice, unique to some and nobody around usually...
IMO people spend too much time behind some device.. phone, tablet, PC... as I sit here typing this :D but you can play cards (which most people don't even know how to do anymore) listen to an album, or go to antique shops, or browse flee markets... you don't have to buy anything or you can and it becomes a memory of the time you spend together. I think it comes to Imagination... when you were a kid, did you have a way to entertain yourself with electronics, or did you have to go outside and learn to invent ways to entertain yourself ? I think this is a big part of being able to come up with ideas for dates.
Many have been stated here already, but depending on the person... go with the flow... Recently I met a female, we chatted on LINE, then boom, she is gone... I don't think I said anything out of the ordinary, but who knows... Patience is growing thinner and thinner... as @DanniCake says, why date if you have more fun with friends... there's a lot to be said for that..
This whole SB / SD thing seems topsie turvy to me as well... I think SB should include intimate time, but many potential SB don't seem to think this... hmmmm well, that's about all I can say...

If I really want to date myself... going to the roller-rink was one date option with disco playing loud... :rolleyes:

Great post, thanks!

One major difference for me is how infrequently I meet people's parents or family, due to the fact a) we're all older of course and b) everyone has their own phone now, and c) houses, living arrangements, and the social position of the boyfriend in relation to that house with a family in it are radically different.

I kinda LIKED being nervous and seeing if I passed someone else's muster, and the surprises when you ended up learning about yourself and the world by the shared interactions of being now in two worlds at once. That's a lot of expectations; sometimes resulting in support, and sometimes resulting in thin-fucking-ice when you need it least. Now it's like ... the same game, with fewer rules and obstacles, and I don't know if I appreciate that as much.

This one hits me especially hard. In Japan, I have some good relationships that I cherish and invest in, but no matter how satisfying or beautiful those moments have been...

...they never include me breaking into the fridge to raid their leftovers or coldcuts. I truly miss the involuntary hospitality of people who live in houses too large for the kitchen to be safely monitored at all times. You can't even grab a pop without half the family waking up in these places.

Reactions: MissInsomnia

Now this brings back memories..........I knew the guy that was contracted to write this bit
He played it for us and everyone was throwing more lines to him

"I shaved a girls vagina......and used no foam" had us all in tears

What remains mystery to me is that it was almost always her dad who picked up the phone when I called my girlfriend in the 80s...dating back then for me was sort of necessity to be private.