1. Welcome to the Tokyo Adult Guide!

Please feel free to browse around to see what we have to offer. For some areas of TAG, you will need to be a member which is free and only requires a valid email address. Or, you may login through your Google or Twitter accounts.

To get started, click here: Join TAG Now!
    Dismiss Notice

Did you see this crap?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic / Random Chit-Chat' started by Karen, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Karen

KarenKaren is a Verified Member Mistress of the Night

If you weren't living under a rock, you would know that Obama (U.S. President) was in town recently. Now, there's a media flurry about his meeting with the Japanese Emperor.

Do you know what the whining was about???? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was because he bowed to the Emporer! WTF? :confused::confused:WHO CARES?!??!?!?!?!

Is the American media (and people) so bored with their own issues that they have to complain a foreign custom? I'm just speechless that this was 'news' and that the American people even care about this!!!

Japan has their own customs just like every other country, it was very proper for the President, who's still just another gaijin in Japan, followed accepted Japanese customs in bowing to someone during a first meeting.

I'm an American and I'm outraged at my own country for making such a big deal out of NOTHING.

Here's an Article: (Obama?s bow in Japan sparks some criticism - White House- msnbc.com)

I need a drink.... /rage! :mad:

2. TAG Manager

TAG Management

I saw this too, just haven't had any free time to complain about it. :(

It's garbage. Did you look at the poll though? It was split down the middle, along with some really asinine comments to boot. I'm glad to see some people have common sense when it comes to other countries and their cultures.

Just take a walk in Roppongi and other tourist type areas and watch the other foreigners in Japan. They are either respecting the culture or acting like complete idiots. (Just search Gaijin on YouTube, what a very sad sight.)

I'm not perfect - but I try not to be the nail sticking out! :)

3. TokyoSpirit

TokyoSpirit TAG Member

I won't disagree with Karen, she already doesn't like me much! I agree anyway!

Those voter comments are hilarious to read! Looks like I'll kill the last hour of work reading this.

4. Karen

KarenKaren is a Verified Member Mistress of the Night

I'm still fuming over this. :mad:

5. TAG Manager

TAG Management

Nothing a little cake won't fix. [pun intended] :p