Do you enjoy Japanese lingerie?

If it weren't for Uniqlo, i'd still be wearing rags.

Unfortunately some of us don't have the gift of knowing how to dress with 'style'. For that, we need a lady. But to get the lady....Oh shit... :D

Reactions: rob040188 and Sudsy
how to dress with 'style'.
Style and fashion are very different things but going into that might go too far off topic.

Or lets try with "the little girl style of Japanese lingerie may be fashionable but really isn't stylish on women who don't have little girl bodies".

Style and fashion are very different things but going into that might go too far off topic..
Actually not all that difficult.

Style is classic and eternal. Style evokes a sense of how things should be.

Fashion is fickle and can change with the weather. No deeper than the ripples on a puddle.

A man should understand style. But to chase fashion merely depends on one's budget and pretensions.

Fashion is fickle and can change with the weather. No deeper than the ripples on a puddle.

A man should understand style. But to chase fashion merely depends on one's budget and pretensions.
Well put sir!

Reactions: ShowaJidai

Fuck that is well said!

Reactions: ShowaJidai
some of us don't have the gift of knowing how to dress with 'style'

Left to my own devices I'd wear nothing but jeans, t-shirts, chucks, and leather jackets. If it wasn't for work dress codes I'd honestly never have evolved from my "fashion choices" made when I was 18.

Uniqlo has some excellent stuff. Great t shirts. The fleece lined hoodie is great too. I actually bought a super lightweight summer suit there. Perfect fit and quality not bad. 22k. I would have paid 100k. And it looks like a good suit at any price. The chinos are Ok too. Im kind of a snob about denim so I buy Japanese brands from Okayama.

Left to my own devices I'd wear nothing but jeans, t-shirts, chucks, and leather jackets. If it wasn't for work dress codes I'd honestly never have evolved from my "fashion choices" made when I was 18.

Boom - this.
I'm very fortunate to be self employed in an industry where casual is the norm; I never need to even think about a suit unless someone has died.

Reactions: Frenchy
Boom - this.
I'm very fortunate to be self employed in an industry where casual is the norm; I never need to even think about a suit unless someone has died.
If I’m not wearing suits I’m pretty sure I have nothing left to wear but pajamas.

If I’m not wearing suits I’m pretty sure I have nothing left to wear but pajamas.

On the bright side they may not be comfortable but ladies love a guy who looks good in a well-tailored suit!

Reactions: Maxblack

Same for me except I don't have pyjamas.

Though this makes it easy too, no time spend in the morning to think what to wear.

If it's not comfortable then it's not well-tailored.

An excellent reason not to take advice on formal wear from a guy who had to borrow a suit the last time a funeral came out of left field!!

Reactions: MikeH
As @warubuta pointed out Uniqlo is good for men’s basics, things I might have on under a Brooks Brothers suit or as part of a casual outfit.

Men can use Uber simple underwear like from Uniqlo and still look good without being “good looking” but that’s a matter of how he presents himself. For women it’s quite different regarding underwear. VS type basics can accent a woman far better than Uniqlo basics even she doesn’t present herself all that well but Japanese lingerie doesn’t work that way.

What’s best is women who even they don’t have the “best” body can present themselves without any underwear at all.

Sounds about right. I have never had any dress code at work except one temp job that lasted a week. After that . jeans, t-shirts and sneakers were all A.o.k. to wear, so I did. I am a programmer, I don't need to play dressup to write HTML or Python.

Reactions: rob040188
If it's not comfortable then it's not well-tailored.

Spot on, MikeH.
In the city where I reside, there are plenty of tailoring outfits offering custom suits and shirts for a wide range of prices.
Over the past 10 years or so, I’ve narrowed down my go-to establishments to three. These happen to be among the oldest in the business and provide a fine selection of fabrics. Each one of their meticulous tailors regularly update my measurements whenever I visit.
More importantly, they ask the right questions about what their clients require and give excellent suggestions that won’t break the bank.
My body has changed over the years, so having precise measurements ensure that I get the most comfortable and flattering fit.

Reactions: TheScientist
As @warubuta pointed out Uniqlo is good for men’s basics, things I might have on under a Brooks Brothers suit or as part of a casual outfit.

Men can use Uber simple underwear like from Uniqlo and still look good without being “good looking” but that’s a matter of how he presents himself. For women it’s quite different regarding underwear. VS type basics can accent a woman far better than Uniqlo basics even she doesn’t present herself all that well but Japanese lingerie doesn’t work that way.

What’s best is women who even they don’t have the “best” body can present themselves without any underwear at all.
Unless you spend big bucks and go with Italian, all of this shit, including Brooks and most of the other shopping mall brands, is made in the same 15 mega factories in China. High quality, unique clothing with provenence only exists in rarity anymore. 95 percent had fallen victim to globalization. The world decided it would rather have three crappy undershirts made in China for $6 than one good $6 undershirt made locally by people who live in your community. I try to buy good stuff with provenence, but some times, Uniqlo makes sense too. Cant be too radical about this shit. Its just clothes for fucks sake, right?

Cant be too radical about this shit. Its just clothes for fucks sake, right?
Exactly! And to make it clear, I generally have a lot more fun in those situations when I am not wearing any clothes than most times when I am wearing clothes.

Reactions: MikeH
Unless you spend big bucks and go with Italian, all of this shit, including Brooks and most of the other shopping mall brands, is made in the same 15 mega factories in China. High quality, unique clothing with provenence only exists in rarity anymore. 95 percent had fallen victim to globalization. The world decided it would rather have three crappy undershirts made in China for $6 than one good $6 undershirt made locally by people who live in your community. I try to buy good stuff with provenence, but some times, Uniqlo makes sense too. Cant be too radical about this shit. Its just clothes for fucks sake, right?
Brooks Brothers has two product lines, the made in China and the made in USA.