Guest viewing is limited

docomo-cycle.jp

psd

TAG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about docomo-cycle.jp ?

The website is based around wards/cities. It's not clear where you have to return the bikes, in both English and Japanese it says "designated" return location. Can you leave the bike at any station? Within the same ward? Another ward?

Hope this helps. It says "No need to return it where you rented it;
you can return it at a Bike Station near your destination."

The website is based around wards/cities.

Yeah, and last time I checked it was a ward based system. So you couldn't return the bicycle to Setagaya if you took it from Shibuya.

Reactions: DireWolf98
Yeah, and last time I checked it was a ward based system. So you couldn't return the bicycle to Setagaya if you took it from Shibuya.
False. I've ridden from Shibuya to Chiyoda and it's not a problem.

Nice to see this thread - I am the absolute authority on these - I even had people from docomo call me as they could not believe I could get from Nihonbashi to Eibisu garden place dock area in less than 20mins *you have to pay for more than 30mins ride* - I referred to these as my magic carpets I knew most the ports in all the wards = pick up or drop off at any - of course my company would pay for train fare so my membership was always covered and then some- I would even double my kid around on them with him standing on the middle frame / bar as they are certainly peppy enough - just check for full battery and select a clean / new looking one before you take off but it was very rare that I chose a clunky dud- Have fun these are great but be aware of pedestrians and taxi doors as I had many many close calls and not always trying to break my to/ from route records.

I was a monthly member but there is a place near Toranomon and another in Shimbashi that sells the IC cards for 2000jpy 24 hours use to lock and unlock them but you can only get one per ID pm me if you need more info.

Good catch. Seems it is now on trial for the co-operation. Still you can't take a bike from Kawasaki, cross the river and leave it in Oota-ku.

That is the only issue - within 23 ku is fine - Yokohma have the same bikes and colours but my membership did not unlock them - believe me I tried !

Reactions: MikeH