E-mailing Agencies

sqrhead

TAG Member
Reaction score
Do agencies detest contact by E-mail and if so why?

I checked Erolin for a few agencies, checked their homepages and tried to find E-mail addresses or contact forms. I haven't checked that many so far, but in most cases I could not find this option (maybe my Japanese or random clicking ability are too poor). With one agency though I did find an address, but when I write they just stubbornly refer me to a phone number and refuse to answer questions.

For various reasons I am not comfortable with calling. I do have a Japanese cell phone but it is kind of borrowed, I have very few opportunities to sneak away somewhere to call, and to be blunt I feel lost at making agreements over the phone.

I've used email and Twitter to contact agencies and providers in the past to some success, although many ignore my emails or reply back saying they don't service foreigners. Many agencies don't have email, and that might be a legal thing -- you can say things to customers on the phone that you don't want to legally say via email.

The other point to be made here is that you aren't going to be able to book an appointment via email anyway. I think just about all agencies want you to either be calling from your cell phone or a hotel phone so that they have some knowledge of who you are in case something goes wrong. Unless its phone email, you are effectively anonymous and while that's great for the hobbyist, it's pretty unacceptable for agencies. Back when I had an 050 number through Skype, AM barely would allow me to book with them (I had booked with them before so they knew me), and I'm pretty sure it's because of the anonymity factor.