El Camino - Feedback Etc.

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
Going to start this now as the release date is nearly upon us. Please keep spoilers to a minimum for those who may not have seen it yet.

Walter White is dead, that has been confirmed before the premier:

(8m 23sec)

Trailers/Teaser:

Breaking Bad Cast Reacts:

I’m not sure what the exact drop time is on Netflix - I’ve read midnight on October 11th, but which midnight? EDT, PDT, etc. - guess we’ll see soon enough.

I think most Breaking Bad fans are curious to see what happened after Jesse drove away at the end of Breaking Bad....

El Camino Release Countdown:

Last edited:
Should we watch Breaking Bad before this? I’ve never watched it.

Should we watch Breaking Bad before this? I’ve never watched it.
According to the info so far, you don’t need to have watched the original series to see this movie. But, understanding the main character’s background (Jesse Pinkman), does help of course. It’s supposed to be a new story that has its own timeline. Walter White was the main character of Breaking Bad, but he’s now confirmed to be dead. (Jesse was originally planned to be killed off in season 1 of the series...)

Even if you watch El Camino first, I’d suggest watching the original series afterwards anyway... I’ve only met a few people who didn’t like the original series.

Apart from Saul and Gus, I really like how the character of Mike Ehrmantraut has been fleshed out in Better Call Saul. The longtime character actor Jonathan Banks plays him so well, IMO.
Mike is reported to be making an appearance in El Camino.

Netflix Q. With a good paid for VPN, can you watch US Netflix?

I was doing that about 12-18mths ago using NordVPN. I let my Netflix sub lapse, but I assume you can still get into US Netflix.
Thank you sir.

I watched all 62 episodes of Breaking Bad last month. If you need a nice distraction, as I did, I highly recommend it. If you see the pilot, you'll be hooked for sure. We can all somehow relate to Walter White and we all have a Hisenberg inside us that wants to come out at times. I'm looking forward to El Camino but don't want to expect too much as it's hard for a 2-hour movie to compete with 62 episodes.

Apart from Saul and Gus, I really like how the character of Mike Ehrmantraut has been fleshed out in Better Call Saul. The longtime character actor Jonathan Banks plays him so well, IMO.
Mike is reported to be making an appearance in El Camino.

Breaking Bad is a great TV series (IMHO), but the only character I didn't really like was Saul. I thought he was a little to "fictional" and the acting a little OTT. Because of that it has taken me a while to watch Better Call Saul. Just started Series 1 and watched the first two episodes. I plan to keep watching.

Breaking Bad is a great TV series (IMHO), but the only character I didn't really like was Saul. I thought he was a little to "fictional" and the acting a little OTT. Because of that it has taken me a while to watch Better Call Saul. Just started Series 1 and watched the first two episodes. I plan to keep watching.
Better Call Saul has been really good about showing the path that Jimmy took eventually become Saul. It gets better as it goes... I thought season 1 and 2 were kinda slow, but it does pick-up.

Reactions: Negi77 and namae
My main feedback from El Camino:

- It was slow paced, but had it's moments.
- It was a good movie to get closure on Jesse's position.
- We already knew where Saul went, so that was expected...
- Story line was good but it just had a low budget feeling to it.
- Todd: Lose some weight dude.
- Wish there had been more cameo stuff from people we encountered in Breaking Bad... those that didn't die anyway.

Still a good watch if you want to know where Jesse went and what he did in the end....

Reactions: namae and Majestyk
My main feedback from El Camino:

- It was slow paced, but had it's moments.
- It was a good movie to get closure on Jesse's position.
- We already knew where Saul went, so that was expected...
- Story line was good but it just had a low budget feeling to it.
- Todd: Lose some weight dude.
- Wish there had been more cameo stuff from people we encountered in Breaking Bad... those that didn't die anyway.

Still a good watch if you want to know where Jesse went and what he did in the end....
I rewatched breaking bad the past weeks and it was indeed shocking to see Todd in El Camino although he was already midway to this in Fargo season 2

he was already midway to this in Fargo season 2
Excellent point. I forgotten about him being in Fargo! It's hard to believe that Breaking Bad started in 2008... it didn't feel like it was that long ago. Fargo Season 2 was released at the end of 2015... (He was also in Black Mirror...)

Got a bit chubby....

Before:

Jesse-Plemons_1.jpg

After:

Jesse-Plemons_2.jpg

Reactions: Majestyk
Excellent point. I forgotten about him being in Fargo! It's hard to believe that Breaking Bad started in 2008... it didn't feel like it was that long ago. Fargo Season 2 was released at the end of 2015... (He was also in Black Mirror...)
yeah but breaking bad ended in 2013 so it was "only" 6 years ago since we last saw todd there. I'm glad I didn't change that much :D

Reactions: TAG Manager
Now up to date on Better Call Saul....eagerly awaiting Seasons 5 (and 6).

The New Mexico locations, sun, blue skies, resort pools got me in the mood for some tequila. So I tried to find out what tequila Jimmy (aka Saul) was drinking in the show. Found the explanation below on the internet ..... they couldn't get a product placement so invented their own own Tequila brand.:)

Zafiro Añejo is a fictictious brand of tequila created by the writers of Breaking Bad. It was created after attempts to find a product placement fell through after being told that the scene contained people dropping dead minutes after drinking their placed product.

Now up to date on Better Call Saul....eagerly awaiting Seasons 5 (and 6).

The New Mexico locations, sun, blue skies, resort pools got me in the mood for some tequila. So I tried to find out what tequila Jimmy (aka Saul) was drinking in the show. Found the explanation below on the internet ..... they couldn't get a product placement so invented their own own Tequila brand.:)

Zafiro Añejo is a fictictious brand of tequila created by the writers of Breaking Bad. It was created after attempts to find a product placement fell through after being told that the scene contained people dropping dead minutes after drinking their placed product.
I didn't even look that up, but that's interesting to know.

Reactions: Negi77
Just finished watching El Camino. Have to say I'm right pleased overall. Good pacing and unexpected turns, the Heisenberg move, the bit that was clearly inspired by Sergio Leone.

Your post prompted me to watch it. Some of the sequencing/juxtapositions were a little confusing. I liked how we saw more of Todd's "personality". I like the scene when he was driving down the dessert highway singing away with his old maids body in the back.

It didn't have a "movie" feel to it. Maybe they went OTT with the pre-movie hype. More like an extended final episode just to show us how things worked out for Jesse...not much drama, suspense or tension. It was OK.

Reactions: TAG Manager
Your post prompted me to watch it. Some of the sequencing/juxtapositions were a little confusing. I liked how we saw more of Todd's "personality". I like the scene when he was driving down the dessert highway singing away with his old maids body in the back.

It didn't have a "movie" feel to it. Maybe they went OTT with the pre-movie hype. More like an extended final episode just to show us how things worked out for Jesse...not much drama, suspense or tension. It was OK.
Not every movie has to follow a three act structure and lots of movies don't at all. This had character exposition, extended narrative and cinematography aplenty. I'm good with calling it a movie.