Guest viewing is limited

End of Year LINE Cleaning

MongerInAStrLnd

Unicorn Wrangler
Reaction score
I've taken to every year around christmas sending an innocent "merry christmas" sticker (so there's no real expectation from the message itself) to all my lady contacts that I've not been messaging regularly, then checking back after new years and assuming the ones that went totally unread have ghosted me and can be safely deleted. This year's response rate has been uncharacteristically high, with over 70% of the ones I've been more than 2 months out of contact with replying in the first 6 hours.

That’s actually a good idea... I was just looking at my LINE contact list, which now exceeds 80 “friends”.

I suppose it’s time to start cleaning house.

That’s actually a good idea... I was just looking at my LINE contact list, which now exceeds 80 “friends”.

I suppose it’s time to start cleaning house.

This sounded like a good idea so I started cleaning out the junk. Found a girl I dated a few months ago changed her picture to her wedding picture. I’m wondering if that is a new husband or if she was married? Not that it matters either way.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
This sounded like a good idea so I started cleaning out the junk. Found a girl I dated a few months ago changed her picture to her wedding picture. I’m wondering if that is a new husband or if she was married? Not that it matters either way.

Sure it is. You might have a hitozuma to hang out with! They don't come that easily :p If you are into that sort of things.

You might have a hitozuma to hang out with! They don't come that easily

I would like to politely disagree. I have found out that after a few years of sexual deprivation by their hubbies they usually come very easily as well as noisily. :D

Surprisingly almost done with this already. Of 21 "suspect" contacts, 16 replies and 2 read without reply. Of the remaining 3 one I was already 99% sure had ghosted (cancelled a date at the last moment and went silent afterwards), and another am pretty sure lost access to her account when switching phone carriers and phones. Only one still up in question, a Kabukicho kyaba girl.

I'm trying to find the delete button (sigh)

afaik there is no Delete button, you actually Block them ... which makes *you* vanish from *their* contact list.

so if a girl you had contact with suddenly vanishes ... she's Blocked you.

anf the Blocked friend can be unblocked! deep inside the bowels of LINE.

afaik there is no Delete button, you actually Block them ... which makes *you* vanish from *their* contact list.

so if a girl you had contact with suddenly vanishes ... she's Blocked you.

Are you sure that is how it works? As far as I have understood it if you block someone she will never know you did. So your contact stays on her list but even if she messages you just never see it.

It's so easy to ghost people on LINE, but yeah, I think if you get blocked by someone your messages/calls just go to the blockholes and you will never know.

To remove someone from your lists, just ignore/block them, THEN delete them from those lists. Not sure if you do that then what happens. Of course, better to turn of add by phone number or ID.

Are you sure that is how it works? As far as I have understood it if you block someone she will never know you did. So your contact stays on her list but even if she messages you just never see it.

after reading the other post ... i admit my understanding was faulty.

To remove someone from your lists, just ignore/block them, THEN delete them from those lists.

that's a step i was missing ... tnx

Last edited:
It's so easy to ghost people on LINE, but yeah, I think if you get blocked by someone your messages/calls just go to the blockholes and you will never know.

If the your message never ever turns up as read its likely you've been blocked. There used to be some tricks that could definitively tell but I don't think they work any more.

Its pretty common for a p4p girl to block all except maybe a few select clients when she quits a shop.

I noticed that people can sometimes see your timeline and react to things after you have blocked them.. or am i wrong?

I noticed that people can sometimes see your timeline and react to things after you have blocked them.. or am i wrong?

They seem to change things pretty randomly at Line so I don't know how it is now. But around a year ago when I looked in to this block thing one tell-tale sign you had been blocked was that you could't see anything on the blocker's timeline anymore.