Guest viewing is limited

Even After X amount of years in Japan I'll never get used to____

last 91km looking at 1hr 53min.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 8.40.51 PM.png

Ashigara SA
Look around in the shopping area. There's a place that sells thick cut ribs (for take home and heat up). Get some. You will NOT regret, just heat them up slowly and serve. Melt in your mouth.

Look around in the shopping area. There's a place that sells thick cut ribs (for take home and heat up). Get some. You will NOT regret, just heat them up slowly and serve. Melt in your mouth.
Thanks for that tip - I don't usually stop at that SA, but next time I will.

Reactions: Sudsy
Thanks for that tip - I don't usually stop at that SA, but next time I will.
I always stop in there on the way back if we're on that route. They've got other meaty goodies too.

Reactions: TAG Manager
Not looking before exiting a store, konbini, or generally anywhere when walking. There seems an expectation amongst most natives that the seas will part for them. I've perfected the fake look at phone full stop because its fun fucking with zombies.

Reactions: Durg50
Not looking before exiting a store, konbini, or generally anywhere when walking. There seems an expectation amongst most natives that the seas will part for them. I've perfected the fake look at phone full stop because its fun fucking with zombies.
I shoulderd one today walking back to the Station from Kabukicho.......stupid airhead....phone/bag/drink went flying everywhere........I did say gomen ne though.

Reactions: TSullivan17
People when they part with their friends, start walking full speed on a collision course with me in a crowded area then abruptly turning around to wave goodbye to their friends while still walking really fast aaaaand being VERY SURPRISED that they bumped into me. -_-‘ Lady. Lady I’m not surprised.
Happens a lot in crowded train stations. Like there are crowds of people but the person walking backwards is still surprised when they walk into you. Its so odd.

Reactions: Juliet and Simonka
Happens a lot in crowded train stations. Like there are crowds of people but the person walking backwards is still surprised when they walk into you. Its so odd.
Happens all the time in my train station.
“Bye byeeeee byeeeeee byeeeee” *BOINK*

You should try being big, fat, tall and look like someone just shot your dog (which is my happy face). I normally have people parting like the sea in front of Moses.

Japanese TV weather reports that tell you that tomorrow will be a good day to hang out laundry to dry. Quaint. Maybe cute.

Yet, can’t people just determine that from the rest of the forecast?

Reactions: Juliet and Simonka
Japanese TV weather reports that tell you that tomorrow will be a good day to hang out laundry to dry. Quaint. Maybe cute.

Yet, can’t people just determine that from the rest of the forecast?
I’ve lost panties and even duvet covers to bad weather, so I appreciate that :p

I’ve lost panties and even duvet covers to bad weather, so I appreciate that :p
Can relate. Gf did her laundry here recently and she lost a pair of panties due to high winds. It was from a set, so she was unhappy about the loss.
(ruled out a panty thief; they'd need a pretty damn tall ladder to get all the way up to the laundry rack on the top floor :ROFLMAO:)

Can relate. Gf did her laundry here recently and she lost a pair of panties due to high winds. It was from a set, so she was unhappy about the loss.
(ruled out a panty thief; they'd need a pretty damn tall ladder to get all the way up to the laundry rack on the top floor :ROFLMAO:)

Panty drone?

Wouldn't just a decent extension ladder reach a 4 story walk up? :p:D:)

Guess my jokes recently haven't been going over well................

I really can't agree with this. Have you ever tried walking in London? It's like an assault course by comparison.

I once lost a wool pullover and it being my size it was not a light one. Found it by purely a happenstance a week later and 50 meters away. Even considering it started at 5th floor that distance was a very good achievement.

I really can't agree with this. Have you ever tried walking in London? It's like an assault course by comparison.

London? That's crazy no doubt, and from my perspective even crazier than NYC. But even crazier than that is Chinese major cities. However, nothing compares to Japanese obliviousness in exits. Same syndrome of saying goodbye and walking backwards into oncoming foot/etc.traffic. But I got my fake phone stall solution and I'm changing culture one human at a time per year or something equally slow, haha.

Its a city thing. People in cities in general give less of a fuck about other people. In small towns people tend to act better.

Generally I agree with this but after having traveled to quite a few small towns throughout Japan, while the volume is lower, it still happens. I remember during Golden Week this year seeing someone at a local Lawson's in Chiba just walk side first out of the door into me. I'm not sure if he was still checking out the Gravure magazine section and hadn't decided whether to leave yet, but his legs did.

I like the signs on the urinals that say even if no one is there it may flush. Kind of like the tree falling in the woods.

Also I don’t get why people always ask if you have forgotten something.
If I’ve forgotten something then I’ve forgotten it.You asking me if I’ve forgotten something isn’t gonna make me remember

At night, drivers who keep their high beams on even when they can see a car approaching in the opposite direction.

Reactions: Frenchy
The use of reaction shots in so many Japanese TV programs.

Granted, one sometimes sees that sort of thing outside of Japan. Yet, here it is really common. Lots of nodding heads and such.

It all seems a bit silly and too widespread for my tastes. Of course, I’m not exactly a key part of the target audience.

Guess it at least helps to keep some tarento employed.

The use of reaction shots in so many Japanese TV programs.

Granted, one sometimes sees that sort of thing outside of Japan. Yet, here it is really common. Lots of nodding heads and such.

It all seems a bit silly and too widespread for my tastes. Of course, I’m not exactly a key part of the target audience.

Guess it at least helps to keep some tarento employed.

well yeah , its a job . About as productive as the « security guards » (not sure the exact title is) near construction sites that show you the only path you can walk anyway with their stick

Reactions: SugoiBoy
well yeah , its a job . About as productive as the « security guards » (not sure the exact title is) near construction sites that show you the only path you can walk anyway with their stick
As those "security guards" are almost always old men (probably a nure ochiba prevention measure), I doubt their response time in case someone does not "obey".