Favorite Documentaries

I got no time for watching stupid shit on TV.
And I, for one, love that stupid shit on TV.

200w.gif

Omg so many. I love true crime documentaries.

O.J.: Made in America
The staircase
The Jinx (the ending still haunts me)
The Act of Killing
Dear Zachary (really, really heartbreaking)
Into the Abyss

Anything by Werner Herzog or Louis Theroux.

Some non-crime favourites :

Grey Gardens
Paris is Burning
Jiro Dreams of Sushi
Kedi (so many cute cats !!)
Amy
Dina
The Wolfpack
The Devil and Daniel Johnston
Tickled (so sinister for being about tickling)
Waltz with Bashir
Weiner

The Universe

I’ve watched all seasons maybe five times in total.

Year Million

A miniseries that explores a time in distant future when AI takes over and offers different scenarios about humans interacting with them

Usually my favorites are documentaries related to the following themes:

History
WWI and WWII
European history and regents
Origins of humans and civilization
Early humans, Cro magnons, Homo Erectus etc
Space and the Universe

The evolution of human mind and the mysteries of the universe are so intriguing for me

The Universe

I’ve watched all seasons maybe five times in total.

Year Million

A miniseries that explores a time in distant future when AI takes over and offers different scenarios about humans interacting with them

Usually my favorites are documentaries related to the following themes:

History
WWI and WWII
European history and regents
Origins of humans and civilization
Early humans, Cro magnons, Homo Erectus etc
Space and the Universe

The evolution of human mind and the mysteries of the universe are so intriguing for me

Have you read Sapiens or Homo Deus ? They seem right up your alley, I think you'd really like them. Non-fiction and history are not my thing at all, but I loved them.

I don’t really watch documentaries because I usually don’t like the tone.
Of course there must be many that are not like that but i’ve seen too much “i know better” kind of commentors picture stuff that i’m passionate about in a wrong way, or at least a way thats not really all sides of the story.

Have you read Sapiens or Homo Deus ? They seem right up your alley, I think you'd really like them. Non-fiction and history are not my thing at all, but I loved them.
Thanks for the recommendations. I have read homo deus but I will look into sapiens. Actually I just watched a documentary about language syntax in humans and how it works, the documentary also had a portion dedicated to cro magnon communication. I’m into Homo sapiens stuff lately :D

Reactions: TinyNymph
Ah, just ordered them both. Heard so much good things about these books

They are honestly so well written and as unbiased as possible. Really interesting facts are discussed, and after reading them, you'll be working all the things you've learned into lots of conversations, it's like a disease lol. The desperate need to share knowledge disease.

I quite enjoy Louis Theroux's pieces in particular the BBC specials.

He's so very good at getting his subjects to open up, even sometimes at quite a lot of risk to his person.

I watch Paris is Burning at least once a month. It's like my comfort food.

Other interesting ones-

The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young
Tickled (really unexpected and nuts)
Anything by Louis Theroux
Ken Burns war documentaries (honestly the best thing to marathon when you're sick in bed)

Thanks for the recommendations. I have read homo deus but I will look into sapiens. Actually I just watched a documentary about language syntax in humans and how it works, the documentary also had a portion dedicated to cro magnon communication. I’m into Homo sapiens stuff lately :D
Name? Sounds like something I would be interested in. Thanks

Reactions: Simonka
Name? Sounds like something I would be interested in. Thanks
Evolution of the Human Mind - Nova Documentary

You can search this title on YouTube

Reactions: Lars Lust
I don’t really watch documentaries because I usually don’t like the tone.
Of course there must be many that are not like that but i’ve seen too much “i know better” kind of commentors picture stuff that i’m passionate about in a wrong way, or at least a way thats not really all sides of the story.
Good documentary has no tone. It’s atonal. Watch the good ones please. Louis Theroux is good.

I love watching music documentaries. Here are a few that I’ve had the pleasure of seeing over the past few years:
1) Jazz, about the history of jazz music in the United States;
2) Buena Vista Social Club, about the making of an album of the same name with legendary Cuban musicians;
3) Ain’t In It For My Health, about the career of the late great Levon Helm — the drummer for influential American group The Band;
4) Shine a Light, about The Rolling Stones’ performances at NYC’s Beacon Theatre in 2006;
5) 20 Feet From Stardom, a behind-the-scenes look at the lives of some notable backup singers in the US;
6) Classic Albums — Steely Dan: Aja, a look back at the making of US jazz-rock band Steely Dan’s most successful album;
7) Dave Chapelle’s Block Party, about how the US comedian organized a concert film in Brooklyn; and
8) American Masters — Aretha Franklin: The Queen of Soul, an examination of Ms. Franklin’s awesome recording career.

Too busy yourself dishing it out in the internet?
Mikey if I want any more shit out of you I will just squeeze your head. In the meantime please try to remain silent. Have a nice day.