Favorite Eurovision Song

"Sameach" (Happy!) by PingPong, representing Israel in 2000. Many say it's the worst entry of all time, but I like it somehow.

Reactions: rob040188
I wish it would be possible to vote for the opening...

"Sameach" (Happy!) by PingPong, representing Israel in 2000. Many say it's the worst entry of all time, but I like it somehow.

Not even sure why Israel is in the Eurovision , but you’re right, good show

Reactions: Simonka
You must be the first person ever to use the words favourite and Eurovision in the same sentence.
Oh come on... it was a pioneer of all the « America got talent » and such crap. Love the Eurovision! Abba was born there!

Should hate that song, for obvious reasons. But still I think it was the Eurovision’s peak

Reactions: Ken1988
Oh come on... it was a pioneer of all the « America got talent » and such crap.

You are just giving people more reasons to hate it. I'm just happy I am not living in Europe anymore, can easily ignore it normally.

You are just giving people more reasons to hate it. I'm just happy I am not living in Europe anymore, can easily ignore it normally.

Well, your loss. I love kitsch and cheese ! :D

Not even sure why Israel is in the Eurovision , but you’re right, good show

The "Eurovision area" actually includes the whole Mediterranean countries whereby many non-European countries are eligible to enter the contest. Israel and Turkey have been in for many years. Israel won in 1998 and Tel Aviv hosted it in 1999.

I'm totally not sure why Australia got eligible to participate since 2015...but, yes, the boundary is traditionally flexible.

You must be the first person ever to use the words favourite and Eurovision in the same sentence.
True. Now thats some music i cant stand.
And it was so boring because people in Europe wouldn’t talk about anything else when it was on.

Also, why is Israel in it? Since when is that Europe,

And it was so boring because people in Europe wouldn’t talk about anything else when it was on.

I guess it's sort of the European equivalent of Kohaku Utagassen. For some, it's an essential seasonal event. For some, it's an excuse to have a party. For some, it's part of reassuring process to see if your neighboring countries give your country "douze points" For others, yes, it's just boring.

The Eurovision song contest is organized by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) which is an association of broadcasting companies in the European Broadcasting Area (EBA). The trick is that the EBArea was assigned by an international telecommunications governing body in the 1940s rather mechanically over and around Europe, including North Africa and the Middle East. From its onset, EBU is a unique European organization with many non-European members. All EBU member countries, including non-Europeans such as Israel, Turkey and quite a few Arab countries, are eligible to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest.
https://www.ebu.ch/about/members

Oh come on... it was a pioneer of all the « America got talent » and such crap. Love the Eurovision! Abba was born there!
I LOVE Abba!
The brunette member is a Second World War child, she has an interesting story..

I used to think Eurovision was terrible until I saw this...

Now I just think it's terrible but with lots of hot women.

Frankly , in terms of entertainment value and « creativity » it beats easily the Kohaku Gassen thing every new year’s eve on NHK or American Idol etc...

Frankly , in terms of entertainment value and « creativity » it beats easily the Kohaku Gassen thing every new year’s eve on NHK or American Idol etc...
I always thought the vocals were a bit off and a metal arrangement of that song with more powerful vocals would be much more mind blowing. And perhaps lyrics that actually make sense.

Reactions: rob040188
I always thought the vocals were a bit off and a metal arrangement of that song with more powerful vocals would be much more mind blowing. And perhaps lyrics that actually make sense.
Yes, maybe, the outfits are great though and that makes for 50% of a good Eurovision song :) (just kidding).
But to be clear my comment was about Eurovision in general, not this song specifically.

Reactions: Ken1988 and Simonka
True. Now thats some music i cant stand.

I would ask now where you have grown up, but I think you don't want to go into too much detail ;)
Wherever I lived so far in Europe, it was totally easy to completely miss out on that.

I had a hard time to remember any song, but since at some time i have been a little bit fond of T.a.t.u., I came up with this one;)

“I'm totally not sure why Australia got eligible to participate since 2015...but, yes, the boundary is traditionally flexible”

Indeed, since Qatar and Japan will participate to the next Copa America of football, we can say that boundaries are quite flexible , and not only for Eurovision

“I'm totally not sure why Australia got eligible to participate since 2015...but, yes, the boundary is traditionally flexible”

Indeed, since Qatar and Japan will participate to the next Copa America of football, we can say that boundaries are quite flexible , and not only for Eurovision

And that’s not going far enough! What about the shameful discrimination against Andromedans and Venusians who can’t participate in the World Cup?!

Reactions: Mitaka