Favorite Eurovision Song

Back to topic (God i love this thread, thanks Simonka). I thought this selection is a good sample of the so-bad-its-good (and sometimes weirdly real good) of Eurovision. Kitsch rules!

Reactions: Ken1988
On the Australia topic ... Back then I read an article quoting the popularity of the Eurovision song contest in Australia as both the reason and the motivation why Australia was allowed to participate. To anyone's surprise, it's simply about money.

Reactions: Ken1988
with Ted Nugent the obligatory winner!

Say what you will about Ted Nugent... he's a creepy, creepy, SOBm with a penchant for jailbait - and scarily he does it all stone cold sober.

But the man knows how to rock.

Indeed. Whenever they approach the World Cup headquarters by flying saucers, the tencho pops out and says "No aliens. Dame Dame".

The thing that is still even more amazing is they have held the Miss Universe competition almost 100 times already and every single time a human from Earth has won it!

Didn't you guys know?
IMG_3516.JPG
The "Eurovision area" actually includes the whole Mediterranean countries whereby many non-European countries are eligible to enter the contest. Israel and Turkey have been in for many years. Israel won in 1998 and Tel Aviv hosted it in 1999.

I'm totally not sure why Australia got eligible to participate since 2015...but, yes, the boundary is traditionally flexible.

Emmanuel Macron, co-prince of Andorra , would certainly feel offended indeed :D
He's busy dreaming he's on a personal meeting with Angela Merkel

With an awful song that scratches my ears (I don't care about their position on the world map, Israel has historical ties with Europe anyway)

I liked Hungary, Denmark, Netherlands and one more country for obvious reasons :)

Sweden? He was good!

I liked Denmark (a good song) and Moldova (a fun show), too.

Israel was at 4th or 5th by the jury vote actually. It was the televote brought them a win.

So, the non European won the Euro song festival. Lol.
I get tickled by Europeans fussing on this. Especially since the contest is open to so many countries “less European” than Israel.

Double especially for other reasons I don’t want to end up causing a flame war here.

Also even I didn’t watch I’m pleased that the next one will be in Jerusalem and look forward to the hurt feelings that will cause.

I get tickled by Europeans fussing on this. Especially since the contest is open to so many countries “less European” than Israel.

Double especially for other reasons I don’t want to end up causing a flame war here.

Also even I didn’t watch I’m pleased that the next one will be in Jerusalem and look forward to the hurt feelings that will cause.

I just pray it won’t be terror attacks . And that they chose Tel-Aviv (more fun)

I just pray it won’t be terror attacks . And that they chose Tel-Aviv (more fun)
For some years now there’s more terror attacks in France than Israel. Higher body counts too.

It’s fun when fear mongering hits the brick wall of facts.

For some years now there’s more terror attacks in France than Israel. Higher body counts too.

It’s fun when fear mongering hits the brick wall of facts.

Stats? Sources?
Anyway the definition of terrorism is probably very different in Israel .
And my definition would also include terrorism towards the Arabs , by the way. I guess yours is only one-sided.

Stats? Sources?
Anyway the definition of terrorism is probably very different in Israel .
And my definition would also include terrorism towards the Arabs , by the way. I guess yours is only one-sided.
Nice try. Before is even including price tag incidents which don’t cause loss of life.