Guest viewing is limited

Favorite Nampa location

mr roboto

TAG Member
Reaction score
I used to go pub or wine bar to meet girl but since couple of months my two favorites places are:
Soup Stock Tokyo
Bagel & Bagel.
Customers are 90% women and often alone. I am going lunch time or early evening.
It is not too difficult to start discussion and I have been able to meet 5 girls on the same evening.
I found it very "effective" to firstly meet day time and meet immediately on the same evening. Actually it is the only way it worked for me.

I used to go pub or wine bar to meet girl but since couple of months my two favorites places are:
Soup Stock Tokyo
Bagel & Bagel.
Customers are 90% women and often alone. I am going lunch time or early evening.
It is not too difficult to start discussion and I have been able to meet 5 girls on the same evening.
I found it very "effective" to firstly meet day time and meet immediately on the same evening. Actually it is the only way it worked for me.

Makes you think about all the erotic possibilities of a chain that would be called “Soup and Bagel”. Hmmmmmm:rolleyes:

Baguette & Bagel sounds promising as well for French market.

Its a bit too gluten-intensive maybe?

But the symbolic of baguette + bagel shapes , is , well, quite obvious :D

Soup Stock Tokyo
Bagel & Bagel.

Nice. I like soup stock Tokyo in general but haven't really been there specifically to meet girls. Cool idea though!

I prefer big shopping malls like Aeon. Bars and clubs are just too noisy for me and no privacy. My target audience are thick milfs so if you're into young girls it may not be ideal for you ^^

Soup Stock Tokyo
Bagel & Bagel.
how does ur typical approach go? some good ice breaker u’ve had success with at these places?

how does ur typical approach go? some good ice breaker u’ve had success with at these places?

If there's a menu on the table ask the girl for help with a japanese translation. Throw in a "nihongo muzukashii!" and compliment her english. Ask her if she comes here often and/or tell her you're going to X and ask if she wants to join etc.

Keep it very simple and direct. Unlike western pickup you don't have to be original or funny (jokes often get lost in translation anyway and convo becomes awkward)

Assuming you take daily showers asking for directions or ask for help with a translation is a nonthreatening approach. Then take it from there.

Keep it simple. I often ask if there is a free Wifi available. Then start basic conversation, if they have time and/or interested in you they will quickly ask where are you from, what do you do.
Because they are eating and can't go away there is no need to force the discussion. If they don't want to talk just give up.

If there's a menu on the table ask the girl for help with a japanese translation. Throw in a "nihongo muzukashii!" and compliment her english. Ask her if she comes here often and/or tell her you're going to X and ask if she wants to join etc.

Keep it very simple and direct. Unlike western pickup you don't have to be original or funny (jokes often get lost in translation anyway and convo becomes awkward)

Assuming you take daily showers asking for directions or ask for help with a translation is a nonthreatening approach. Then take it from there.
Carry a small foldable tourst map. Ciircle a bar or izakaya .. some place u already know.. ask random J girl "sumimasen.. uhh doko desuka" while pointing at the map/place u circled. You come across as so sincere... she'll point you in the right direction...ask her to join.. super easy! works well! used it in seoul a bunch of times.

Carry a small foldable tourst map. Ciircle a bar or izakaya .. some place u already know.. ask random J girl "sumimasen.. uhh doko desuka" while pointing at the map/place u circled. You come across as so sincere... she'll point you in the right direction...ask her to join.. super easy! works well! used it in seoul a bunch of times.

I wonder if you circle a love hotel on the map would it have the same affect :D:D talk to 1,000, get 100 to listen , and 10 to buy.... typical marketing statistics :p

Sadly in the days of Google Maps, this probably doesn't come off as sincere.

That's a self limiting belief. They work great. If it doesn't work for you it's probably something else that tick women off.

I wonder if you circle a love hotel on the map would it have the same affect :D:D talk to 1,000, get 100 to listen , and 10 to buy.... typical marketing statistics :p

Well.. at the end of the day nanpa / online dating is just a numbers game :p

Last edited:
Well.. at the end of the day nanpa / online dating is just a numbers game :p

I never really know what this is supposed to mean...

You could say the same thing about basketball...

"It's a numbers game... You gotta take a lot of shots to make some"

Yeah but... LeBron or Kobe is gonna make a ton more than random dad off the street.

Skill matters...

And the number of shots you need to take decreases over time

Yeah but... LeBron or Kobe is gonna make a ton more than random dad off the street.

Skill matters...

You are 100% correct @Sinapse ...that's why they playing pro ball....

Look at your student pool... Newbies need more approaches to get further.. Where as u can get a number or date in 5 minutes..

Where as the PUA that's out to score as many girls as possible and comes across that way will need much higher numbers in interaction with women... Cuz he appears too. Hmmm shallow, desperate, what ever word works best here...
You know and see this on a regular basis I'm sure..
I think what u teach is about being human and having a good interaction... Not just hit and quit... Correct me if I'm wrong

Reactions: LeonGRAY

Skill matters...

I meant it as in "missing a train." It's okay because you'll just take the next one. It's a numbers game.

Attracting a person you REALLY want that is the hardest part and requires lots of skill and a little bit of luck. But PUA/Red Pill/Nanpa scene is against that because "oneitis" isn't healthy and the scene is preaching having options instead. (abundance mentality)

Nanpa is all about cold approaching ppl and hope you get lucky. Kinda like fishing no? Not attracting the person you REALLY want. That's what I meant with numbers game. I don't know if my post makes any sense. Not really good at explaining lol

Reactions: Kevin01
Attracting a person you REALLY want that is the hardest part and requires lots of skill and a little bit of luck. But PUA/Red Pill/Nanpa scene is against that because "oneitis" isn't healthy and the scene is preaching having options instead. (abundance mentality)

I'm not at all against finding someone you really want. That's great.

The issue is that when you're starved of options you end up looking at a mediocre option and imagining that's your soul mate/best option simply because you don't have large sample size. What's better, choosing the best of 3 or the best of 10,000?

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I heard Ebisu Yokocho is a good place. Company workers go there, so it's a spot for company workers to meet each other. Being a foreigner there works pretty well as well. You are sure to stand out!

I been chatted up in Tokyo Soup Stock 3 times.