Favorite Sci-Fi Movies/TV Shows List

It helps the Keanu really does do 3 gun competitions and is pretty good at them

I saw his 3gun training with Taran Tactical. But i didn't know he was active in 3 gun competitions.
And yes I agree he is pretty good. Especially, him flicking his glock before charging a new mag. I wouldn't do that with my g19 gen3. all my glock mags are original (with a plastic base plate. I really should change them out with steel wolf base plates).

He did some stuff with one of the veteran's groups. I met a guy at Shot Show last year who worked with him on setting up some stuff for 3 gun with vets. He said he was a really cool and laid back guy away from the cameras and I would tend to believe him.

It helps the Keanu really does do 3 gun competitions and is pretty good at them. Means his movements are much more natural and fluid. Which just makes the movies that much better.
Plus I love the sommelier scene in 2.

Yes, sir.
I love rewatching the bits with the Bowery King, the sommelier and the Italian tailor in John Wick: Chapter 2.

Tailor: [On the suit for John] ... And what style?
John Wick: Italian.
Tailor: How many buttons?
John Wick: Two.
Tailor: Trousers?
John Wick: Tapered.
Tailor: How about the lining?
John Wick: Tactical.

Tailor: How about the lining?
John Wick: Tactical.
Yeah maybe in the future it's possible to have a very light and flexible body armor. The "lining" they used in the film was similar to dragonskin. But I think dragonskin closed shop a few years back. i've worn my friend's ar500 plate (front and back)carrier. Moving around in 35 deg C and 80% humidity was very difficult. I can't even imagine shooting and scooting (running) while wearing body armor

Reactions: Majestyk
Never saw it. Didn't even watch the show, the story about the ending was in a list of worst show endings ever.

Then why bring ALF up at all? No offense, but you're just quoting something you recall with no info to back it up. ALF at least got a TV movie to tie up some loose ends. Shows like Firefly and Quantum Leap didn't even get that.

It is an important scene. They never really explain the disfunctionality of the family initially or why it so radically changed when Marty returned to present day.
If you consider that without Marty in the past Lorraine would have been raped by Biff, it explains why she acts the way she does, like a rape survivor sometimes does. Her entire life revolves around that single incident. Her husband's life as a beta to the male that raped her also makes sense early on.
When Marty goes to the past and her rape is stopped, he returns to a much happier mother and a father who is not only self confident but has turned Biff into a beta.

I think you're reading WAY too much into that. Plus, in the original timeline, Biff didn't rape Lorraine because George didn't have a car for them to park in and set up the situation. George also didn't damage Biff's car to give him motivation to get drunk and take out his frustration by raping the girl he finds hot. You could argue that he probably raped her in another situation, but that it pulling at threads which do not exist in the BTTF 1 storyline.

Yes, in the improved timeline Biff is turned into a beta because George knocked his lights out. Still, he's guilty of at least attempted rape (he might have done some DATY or fingering when he had his head in Lorraine's skirt, I don't know). There's no way that should be glossed over by just making the excuse that Biff is a butthead or that he was drunk at the time. Doesn't matter. The scene and the way it's handled is uncomfortable and Biff should not be allowed to interact with the McFly family in 1985.

I agree, Biff was a really bad guy and the dad still let him hang around in the changed future like "aw, quirky Biff"

The movies were fun but the development was too slow sometimes, got me checking my phone a lot during watching them.

One thing that really cracked me up about the sequel were the similarities between rich Biff and Trump...

The point we agree on Biff about is something a lot of fans of BTTF admit to as well. When I talk to fans about it, most of them realize how problematic a lot of his character is and agree that the movie isn't as perfect as they originally thought it was.

I think a lot of it has to do with the culture at the time though (in the 50s and/or 80s). Bullying, drinking, and even molesting/raping other people when you were a teenager was frowned upon but also shrugged off as youthful recklessness.

Many people also feel uncomfortable during the incest scene, but I get more queasy during the rape. (At least Lorraine is attractive, so if I imagine that she's not my mother, the way she jumped on Marty is really hot)

Anyway, I'm just babbling. BTTF has a lot of great things, but as you also mentioned, a lot of flaws that often get overlooked.

Reactions: rob040188
Yeah maybe in the future it's possible to have a very light and flexible body armor. The "lining" they used in the film was similar to dragonskin. But I think dragonskin closed shop a few years back. i've worn my friend's ar500 plate (front and back)carrier. Moving around in 35 deg C and 80% humidity was very difficult. I can't even imagine shooting and scooting (running) while wearing body armor

Already here, Dyneema armor, extremely lightweight and fairly flexible, as well as super thin for level IIIA. Works well put in to body worn areas on suits, I know Miguel Caballero has used it in their suits. While the movie was over the top about how good stuff works, it was all present day stuff, even the HTC belt he wore is the same type used for dignitary protection.

I forgot about that one. BTF1 and BTF2 were great.

Anna Summer told me about this upcoming movie Ready Player One. I just saw the trailer and the Delorean is in the film (and other pop culture references such as gundam and i think godzilla). I think I will try to get a copy of the ebook first. And then watch the film when its showing in tokyo.

Ready Player One was a lot of fun. They had to make a lot of changes from the book, but I really enjoyed that film.

I agree, RPO was very good. Have not read the book, better?
The only thing I didn't like about the movie was re-watchability is pretty low, almost like with a mystery movie. So while I think it is a great movie, not sure how well it will hold up long term.

Oh...I think mad max 2 and and mad max fury road, should also be on this list.
Dystopian future, ford interceptor with manually activated supercharger [IDK if a manually activated supercharger is possible in real life.], crazy cars, and crazier people

Oh...I think mad max 2 and and mad max fury road, should also be on this list.
Dystopian future, ford interceptor with manually activated supercharger [IDK if a manually activated supercharger is possible in real life.], crazy cars, and crazier people

Right you are.
Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) belongs in the pantheon of great science fiction/action films.
Dan Hardy was outstanding as Mad Max, but Charlize Theron as Imperator Furiosa was so awesome.
The film showed how the Oscar-winning actress can also conquer the action genre. She proved that in Atomic Blonde (2017), which has become one of my favourite action films.

Right you are.
Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) belongs in the pantheon of great science fiction/action films.
Dan Hardy was outstanding as Mad Max, but Charlize Theron as Imperator Furiosa was so awesome.
The film showed how the Oscar-winning actress can also conquer the action genre. She proved that in Atomic Blonde (2017), which has become one of my favourite action films.

*Tom Hardy

And I do agree that he's an amazing actor. Can't wait for Venom.

*Tom Hardy

And I do agree that he's an amazing actor. Can't wait for Venom.
Cheers, RIDER 00. The actor Tom Hardy.
Dan Hardy is an ex-MMA welterweight fighter from the UK.
I anticipate Venom (2018) to show Tom Hardy surpassing his performance as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises (2012).

She proved that in Atomic Blonde (2017), which has become one of my favourite action films.
One of the co-directors of John wick was the director of Atomic Blonde. Great fight scenes. And Charlize is till stunning. Of course my favorite charlize theron film is Devil's Advocate ;)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
An honest mistake. since tom was also in Warrior. Great MMA film.

I hope they will release this soon

Cheers, rob040188.
Warrior (2011) is quite an underrated film, despite the outstanding fight choreography,Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton’s excellent performances, and Nick Nolte’s Oscar-nominated role. Maybe the pacing needed a little work. Still, a fine MMA film.

It is an important scene. They never really explain the disfunctionality of the family initially or why it so radically changed when Marty returned to present day.
If you consider that without Marty in the past Lorraine would have been raped by Biff, it explains why she acts the way she does, like a rape survivor sometimes does. Her entire life revolves around that single incident. Her husband's life as a beta to the male that raped her also makes sense early on.
When Marty goes to the past and her rape is stopped, he returns to a much happier mother and a father who is not only self confident but has turned Biff into a beta.
Just imagine your husband working for a guy who raped you when you were all teens... pff, i'd be like "cant we move to another town?"

He did some stuff with one of the veteran's groups. I met a guy at Shot Show last year who worked with him on setting up some stuff for 3 gun with vets. He said he was a really cool and laid back guy away from the cameras and I would tend to believe him.
There is some video going around the internet claiming that Keanu Reeves is about the nicest and most down to earth actor.

One of the co-directors of John wick was the director of Atomic Blonde. Great fight scenes. And Charlize is till stunning. Of course my favorite charlize theron film is Devil's Advocate ;)
OMG yes. I love Charlize Theron. Atomic Blonde was so brilliant and polished. I actually have the dvd.
The Devil's Advocate is also brilliant. Again: Keanu Reeves!!!

There is some video going around the internet claiming that Keanu Reeves is about the nicest and most down to earth actor.
That's what I heard also. I'm not sure if it's really true, though.

What I am sure about are his CQB (Close quarters battle) skills are amazing! I have friends (in my home country) who do this sort of thing. And they are not as fluid and fast as keanu

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
claiming that Keanu Reeves is about the nicest and most down to earth actor.

He really is. He routinely buys breakfast and.or lunch for all the stagehands on whatever set he's working on and hangs out with them, donated a bunch of his points from the Matric movies to the makeup and SFX crew (like 70-80 million dollars), bought Harleys for all the stuntmen he worked with on those films... there are so many stories about him just being nice to people for no reason other than him just being nice to people. Supposedly when he gets bored, he just drives around looking for people he can help out.