Guest viewing is limited

faxing documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

patty diaz

TAG Member
Reaction score
Simple enough question...Where can I find a fax machine to fax some documents? Do the conbinis have them? Need to find one and fast

Reactions: Wwanderer
Konbinis should have fax capability using their copy machines. May not apply to you, but just keep in mind that faxing back and forth to the US, you are switching from A4 to US Letter, which can cause stuff to get cut off on the top and bottom of the page in US Letter.

To which century do you need to FAX something??? o_O

Hey, it's Japan, the most advanced country in the world in robotics and the place where many companies send their orders by fax :confused:. As how could it be real if we didn't have a paper to file to a folder in your cabinet?

When someone asks me to FAX them something (maybe once per year or so) I always use a cover sheet that includes my email address and asks them to scan the document I am FAXing them and return it by email so that I know they got a good copy. It actually happened once!

-Ww

When someone asks me to FAX them something (maybe once per year or so) I always use a cover sheet that includes my email address and asks them to scan the document I am FAXing them and return it by email so that I know they got a good copy. It actually happened once!

I know a guy who writes the order with his computer with Word, then prints it out, takes the printed version to copy machine, makes a copy, files the original and uses the copied paper to send a fax.

I watched this once and didn't say anything. I am expecting my medal for valor any day now.

I know a guy who writes the order with his computer with Word, then prints it out, takes the printed version to copy machine, makes a copy, files the original and uses the copied paper to send a fax.

I watched this once and didn't say anything. I am expecting my medal for valor any day now.
You're a true hero

Reactions: Wwanderer and MikeH
the most advanced country in the world in robotics

They wish!

You know what I want to see? A video of any one of Boston Dynamics robots thrashing an ASIMO!

I always use a cover sheet that includes my email address and asks them to scan the document I am FAXing them and return it by email so that I know they got a good copy. It actually happened once!

Believe it or not there are still a long list of good valid reasons why fax is still a thing here. Also with many bigger companies, there is either:
  • a back end document processing unit that does scan all inbound hardcopy and fax documents for legal archive purposes
  • the inbound fax system is already an automated digital imaging system that routes your fax to a worker's screen as well as to the long term digital storage.

You know what I want to see? A video of any one of Boston Dynamics robots thrashing an ASIMO!

My head is probably wired differently (please be nice and don't yell YOU THINK?) but I didn't even think those when I wrote robotics but instead those manufacturing lines at car and electronics factories.

Believe it or not there are still a long list of good valid reasons why fax is still a thing here.

Both of those examples were just good excuses not to change anything as they could be done totally digitally too. But then when you have companies that have not changed any of their internal rules for decades and are still struggling to allow email access from outside their buildings I won't be holding my breath.

but instead those manufacturing lines at car and electronics factories.

On that to be honest the Germans and Americans do as well or better than the Japanese in some cases and it really won't be long until the Chinese get "good enough" to start exporting.

Both of those examples were just good excuses not to change anything as they could be done totally digitally too.

End to end digital processes requires total end to end. Remember that not all clients are going to be digital and the variances in technology don't always make it possible. Look at how the online tax filing here requires you to have Windows and use IE (and of course not all versions of IE are going to work, thats the nature of the beast). Theres always Flash, SilverLight and Java, right :LOL: So many standards, pick one and pray that it doesn't break in six months... Oh and don't forget that it probably needs to work on older versions of Windows and if web enabled you need to test it on IE (various versions), Edge, Chrome, Safari, Opera plus the various mobile browsers. Or maybe you want to appify it? I'm sure every business out there that currently accepts fax would be happy to sink costs into end to end digital development, upkeep and maintenance.

Plus you still have to keep fax open as an option for those customers who arent digital enabled for whatever reason.

Oh and if personal data is involved you have just opened up a whole other can of worms. A very expensive can of worms.

But then when you have companies that have not changed any of their internal rules for decades and are still struggling to allow email access from outside their buildings I won't be holding my breath.

For a good number of industries, the law clearly states that a customer signature is needed for lots of interactions. Fax satisfies this requirement. In some cases digital signatures do as well but again theres a problem about standardization and lack of trust on both sides.

Reactions: MikeH
To which century do you need to FAX something??? o_O

-Ww
Japan and Germany are the last bastion of the fax.... our German offices are the only ones that actually still send us faxes instead of scans....

Japanese and German bureaucracies are among the world's most rigid and intricate

True. They're more rigid than me in Yoshiwara with the boss' credit card.

Simple enough question...Where can I find a fax machine to fax some documents? Do the conbinis have them? Need to find one and fast
The 20th century?
Or France, since I heard you have to fax you passport docs to them if you are traveling through a number of different European countries and that would be one stop.

The 20th century?
Or France, since I heard you have to fax you passport docs to them if you are traveling through a number of different European countries and that would be one stop.
Okay no offense but are you commenting on every old thread that you find? Ive been getting updates all day from you commenting on threads that are weeks or months old that have already been answered. This thread has been answered and faxing is a thing in this country..please stop
@TAG Manager can you please lock this thread

Last edited:
Okay no offense but are you commenting on every old thread that you find? Ive been getting updates all day from you commenting on threads that are weeks or months old that have already been answered. This thread has been answered and faxing is a thing in this country..please stop
@TAG Manager can you please lock this thread
....Okaaaaay? So I'm browsing through the history and adding my input on open threads. Is there a rule that says one can't after a certain period, because I sure didn't see one. So yes, I'm a little offended with that attitude at a place that is supposed to promote being open and spreading one's insight and questions. There's no real point in restricting things to solely the newest posts, since not all of us have the opportunity to get the latest posts as they happen. So we should not be shamed for needing to backtrack to get caught up on things, even if it's very late in the game.

....Okaaaaay? So I'm browsing through the history and adding my input on open threads. Is there a rule that says one can't after a certain period, because I sure didn't see one. So yes, I'm a little offended with that attitude at a place that is supposed to promote being open and spreading one's insight and questions..
On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is most valuable, how highly would you rate the 'insight and questions' that you added to this thread?

Reactions: patty diaz
Status
Not open for further replies.