Guest viewing is limited

Filling up my agenda for a trip of 12 days. Need some advices (dating app/places)

Bulbasaur

TAG Member
Reaction score
I don't speak japanese, i did tried for the last 10 days tinder and ok cupid without finding anything worth the spent.
I have seen already the "advice app thread" but i'm actually not aware of the best ones that doesn't require the use of japanese and would like to have your personal opinion about it..
(i usually use apps/sites for finding language partners, but getting close in that way require too much time that i don't actually have for now..)

I'm 175, slim and a bit fit, good looking (i have some beard, that may be a nono for some jp girls)
Had 1 long relationship with a jp girl, used to handle dates and i have already a friend with benefits waiting for me in tokyo.

But i want to have more fun and meet some people there.
I mostly hangout on Shinjuku/ikebukuro/shibuya/roppongi on night, but i would like to know the places you like the most in that areas (izakaya/clubs and so on)

As far as dating sites and smartphone apps, this guide is pretty much complete and there's not much else we can suggest.

You can meet people just about anywhere. If you don't speak Japanese, Roppongi is probably the easiest - it doesn't take much effort at all if you don't speak Japanese.
Other areas - You can get by with English, but Japanese will take you much farther.

It does require effort, at least some... IMHO, meeting people in public is far easier and more fruitful. Taking a friend with you helps to show that your sociable and it makes it easier to approach women who aren't alone.

As far as dating sites and smartphone apps, this guide is pretty much complete and there's not much else we can suggest.

You can meet people just about anywhere. If you don't speak Japanese, Roppongi is probably the easiest - it doesn't take much effort at all if you don't speak Japanese.
Other areas - You can get by with English, but Japanese will take you much farther.

It does require effort, at least some... IMHO, meeting people in public is far easier and more fruitful. Taking a friend with you helps to show that your sociable and it makes it easier to approach women who aren't alone.

Yeah i checked that guide before making the thread but sadly i didn't find anything more than i used already, for "not being able to speak japanese"..

I went quite some times to roppongi, on night time, but probably i took it on the wrong way?!
I did walked on the main streets were all the izakaya are, but i didn't find many places..
Probably i did went on the wrong way around? Do you have any street to recommend here?

I'll be alone on my trip, then, planning is the best thing i can do for now..

I don't speak japanese, i did tried for the last 10 days tinder and ok cupid without finding anything worth the spent.
I have seen already the "advice app thread" but i'm actually not aware of the best ones that doesn't require the use of japanese and would like to have your personal opinion about it..
(i usually use apps/sites for finding language partners, but getting close in that way require too much time that i don't actually have for now..)

Japancupid, Okcupid, Tinder and any other english hookup/dating site/app are full of fake profiles, golddiggers, passport hunters, sugar daddy hunters and madwomen. The reality is most of the women on there are there because japanese guys don't want them because they are just crap women. It's like trying to find a diamond in a manure pile, most women on there have been round the block with their lives and body's more than a taxi in New York. If you do find one that gives you a good time make sure to wear protection because most on there are in contact with hundreds of guys. All the good japanese dating apps worth paying money require age verification. They don't accept foreign passports or foreign driver licenses. So you're shit out of luck.

Last edited:

Not sour grapes. Just keeping it real. You need to hear what you need to hear. Not what you want to hear.

Then i suppose that's better keep on' trying on that learning language shiets were i can find naive or (wanna be naive) girls that probably still doens't have any std ..
I didn't knew that the dating situation was so crappy right now in japan.

When i was dating in 2014-2015 girls were not that much wasted..

Japancupid, Okcupid, Tinder and any other english hookup/dating site/app are full of fake profiles, golddiggers, passport hunters, sugar daddy hunters and madwomen. The reality is most of the women on there are there because japanese guys don't want them because they are just crap women. It's like trying to find a diamond in a manure pile, most women on there have been round the block with their lives and body's more than a taxi in New York. If you do find one that gives you a good time make sure to wear protection because most on there are in contact with hundreds of guys. All the good japanese dating apps worth paying money require age verification. They don't accept foreign passports or foreign driver licenses. So you're shit out of luck.
I¥I
I live here long time, must Japanese lady I met become gaijin hunter because japanse man does not want them.

Reactions: Lasagna
Then i suppose that's better keep on' trying on that learning language shiets were i can find naive or (wanna be naive) girls that probably still doens't have any std ..
I didn't knew that the dating situation was so crappy right now in japan.

When i was dating in 2014-2015 girls were not that much wasted..

Even 20 years ago dating in japan were crappy.
I tell people to stop choice the person by race ot nationality and see the character if want has less drama&headche.