Guest viewing is limited

Finally..shot down because I can speak some japanese lol.

kingaddictx

TAG Member
Reaction score
It finally happened.

Connected with a girl I meet online. Did the whole pic/line exchange. vid chatted to make sure it was real. Her English was horrible btw. But to be expected as...well she wasn't a native speaker. I'm sure many would say the same about my Japanese to be honest lol.

But when it came time to meet, she is sending me more messages and i'm just not able to understand her DeepL assisted messages. So I switch to Japanese.

and things are good...until I "lol" in japanese (w).

Next thing i know she text me back "You sound like you are Japanese. I don't trust you. Gaijin never use that kinda of text" and blocks me. Lmfao.

Freed me up to meet another cutie I was talking to, but I just found it funny. I've heard about some japanese girls ghosting guys who could speak some japanese, but this is the first i've experienced it haha.

would love to hear other stories.

LOL that is funny indeed. Where has she been living under. Even the weebs know how to type those texts even if they can't speak shit of Japanese.

Oh well, I guess the lesson here is that don't be too Japanese like to cause them to think you are a Japanese. But hey, I think that means you are past the Nihongo Jouzu phase! ;)

Well, you just need to be even more Japanese and read the air. In my younger days I dated one girl for two years without letting her know I can understand Japanese. She was able to introduce me as her trophy foreign boyfriend and I was able to listen all their dirty talk. Win-win.

Though this was in 80's so white boys were a rarity so things could be a bit different now. But just this year I matched two girls in Tinder who had "language exchange" in their profile so I, obviously, had to ask them some questions about Japanese grammar. Neither of them were able to answer so they both unmatched me pretty soon after that.

So I guess language exchange is just another expression for "I want a foreign boyfriend".

It finally happened.

Connected with a girl I meet online. Did the whole pic/line exchange. vid chatted to make sure it was real. Her English was horrible btw. But to be expected as...well she wasn't a native speaker. I'm sure many would say the same about my Japanese to be honest lol.

But when it came time to meet, she is sending me more messages and i'm just not able to understand her DeepL assisted messages. So I switch to Japanese.

and things are good...until I "lol" in japanese (w).

Next thing i know she text me back "You sound like you are Japanese. I don't trust you. Gaijin never use that kinda of text" and blocks me. Lmfao.

Freed me up to meet another cutie I was talking to, but I just found it funny. I've heard about some japanese girls ghosting guys who could speak some japanese, but this is the first i've experienced it haha.

would love to hear other stories.

Dude, do yo know how many random skanks I tried to pick up out in public who accused me of being a fake gaijin, a Japanese imposter who had lived abroad to attain my English fluency?? I would always counter with, "BUT...wouldn't that mean I come from a very wealthy family?"

Never worked. Japanese are what they are.

I’ve gotten that vibe a few times. I usually don’t use any Japanese because I assume the girls that match with me are specifically not interested in anything Japanese-ish. Lol. I’m not Caucasian either so it’s obvious they want something different when they want to meet up.

I use that same tactic sometimes both in dating and in business meetings and it's a lot of fun.

I remember one meeting we were going to meet a new distributor candidate for a foreign vendor. The sales guy came right from the plane from US to the meeting and somehow the Japanese on the other side of the table understood that we both just arrived.

We had the CTO and the marketing director on the other side but the meeting was called in by their CEO who was nowhere in sight. We sat down, got some coffee and there was some small talk in English. Then the marketing manager says to the CTO in Japanese "where is our CEO, he needs to be here to make the decision". The CTO answers "he might not be able to make it, but he said the product is really good so we can just sign up with them".

Then he turns to us and starts in English "well, I think the market is really difficult and I am not sure if we can make this deal with these prices". I literally had to bite my tongue not to burst out laughing.

I remember one meeting we were going to meet a new distributor candidate for a foreign vendor. The sales guy came right from the plane from US to the meeting and somehow the Japanese on the other side of the table understood that we both just arrived.

We had the CTO and the marketing director on the other side but the meeting was called in by their CEO who was nowhere in sight. We sat down, got some coffee and there was some small talk in English. Then the marketing manager says to the CTO in Japanese "where is our CEO, he needs to be here to make the decision". The CTO answers "he might not be able to make it, but he said the product is really good so we can just sign up with them".

Then he turns to us and starts in English "well, I think the market is really difficult and I am not sure if we can make this deal with these prices". I literally had to bite my tongue not to burst out laughing.
Funny! That happened to them for not reading your meishi. :ROFLMAO:

I had a friend visit & took him out in Roppongi in the late 90’s. I kept telling him don’t try to pick up girls with broken Japanese. Just be a visitor & speak in English. Everything was going well for him until he got drunk & wanted to keep speaking Japanese to girls to pick them up.
Back then it was a known tactic for women that a guy who can’t speak Japanese means your English will improve.

I always assumed it was because a guy that speaks in a foreign language confidently comes of us as more attractive than a guy fumbling through 1st grade Japanese.