Guest viewing is limited

first date with Japanese girl(s) advice

I do it on the street in slightly dark surroundings such as in the shadow under the stairs of a pedestrian bridge, a slightly dark alley just off of a main street, in the staircase or elevator hall of a restaurant that's above street level. Just be aware of the surroundings and make your move.

Reactions: Garcian
First things first:
No matter how nice a girl (or guy) is on a dating or chat app, don't get too excited before seeing them in person. I have had the worst fuck-up with a weird chick the other day, who was totally fine on LINE, but a real bummer in person. Sent her home after one drink.

Anyway:
I agree with the majority here, the more subtle, the better. If all goes well, and you suggest moving to the next place, her reaction will tell you if she is already set on taking the last train or open for more. Also, if you are in a hurry, try creating or looking for a situation where body contact (e.g. hand) is inevitable and again, see her reaction.

Good luck!

don't be afraid to make the first move

I was hung up on this during my single days.. If you like them, touch them, escalate!

if you don't, girls will feel there is "no spark" .. But really, if you are too passive / friendly, there is no chance for you both to find out.. touch them, kiss them .. You will find out quickly whether its go or not and avoid wasting time

don't be afraid to make the first move

I was hung up on this during my single days.. If you like them, touch them, escalate!

if you don't, girls will feel there is "no spark" .. But really, if you are too passive / friendly, there is no chance for you both to find out.. touch them, kiss them .. You will find out quickly whether its go or not and avoid wasting time
+1
But if they don't respond as you wish they did or make it complicated or slow move on to the next girl, especially if you're not looking for a love story.

Reactions: owlet
I've heard of guys experiencing a lot of flakiness here and I more or less got the same experience. is it really not that uncommon? I mean, I was in contact (using LINE, contacts from both apps like tinder and/or international parties or events) with Japanese girls, I'd chat for a while and then ask them out, they'd say "yes I'd love to meet you" or something but then come up with excuses or just straight up stop responding when were setting up the actual meeting.
Idk, do they love to waste time? Why the fuck are you pretending to be interested if that's not the case. almost always that's what was happening.

-

also I'd like an opinion on my last date. We went for dinner and then we went for a walk, we went through a park nearby too but I only tried to kiss her once we were close to her home (probably a mistake there), she almost instantly replied with "just a hug". now, even before that, I thought that she wasn't much interested since a) she was barely making any eye contact and b) even less physical contact when I tried to get close or touch her.
but at the end of the date we decide to meet again, she looks at her agenda or something but doesn't seem too convinced. the next day she says she can't meet me that day (the one we decided during the date) but she can meet me the night of X day or Y day. I say great, I'm free the X day so let's meet again.

what I'm expecting here is that she's gonna come up with an excuse and won't show up for the 2nd date, giving the (I think) obvious lack of interest. why even bother agreeing in meeting a second time though?
However, do you think that there is any chance that she's actually interested? Maybe she wasn't making eye contact and such because shyness or whatever. she said "just a hug" because she didn't want to escalate just after 1 date. I'm thinking not a chance, but maybe I'm wrong.

Why the fuck are you pretending to be interested if that's not the case. almost always that's what was happening.

A woman's heart is like the sky in autumn says the local proverb. Maybe you just couldn't keep her interested, maybe she changed her mind for some other reasons.

I thought that she wasn't much interested since a) she was barely making any eye contact and b) even less physical contact when I tried to get close or touch her.

But you still decided to go for the kiss? You know those Hail Mary passes they try sometimes in the last minute in American football? Yeah, they don't work often either.

I'm thinking not a chance, but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know either, but regarding your track record I would say you're wrong thinking you're wrong. I don't think she would have come out with other possible dates if she wasn't interested. It would have been easier for her just to say she can't make the date you agreed and leave the matter there.

Reactions: GreyHair
A woman's heart is like the sky in autumn says the local proverb.
that's a nice proverb. :p

But you still decided to go for the kiss? You know those Hail Mary passes they try sometimes in the last minute in American football? Yeah, they don't work often either.
ahah, great comparison, yes.
my thinking was "might as well try, even if she probably won't go for it". the other thing is that I'm leaving Japan soon so I might be able to see her for a 3rd date (assuming we keep seeing each other) at best.

I don't know either, but regarding your track record I would say you're wrong thinking you're wrong. I don't think she would have come out with other possible dates if she wasn't interested. It would have been easier for her just to say she can't make the date you agreed and leave the matter there.
yeah that's why I had doubts.
assuming we actually do this 2nd date, should I still try to escalate - maybe be a bit more aggressive? Considering it's the second time we meet and all.

assuming we actually do this 2nd date, should I still try to escalate - maybe be a bit more aggressive? Considering it's the second time we meet and all.

How about reading the situation rather than jumping the gun? You don't do anal without warming and lubing up before, or if you do neither of you is going to enjoy it. Same way you don't escalate out of the blue on a date.

If she avoids touching or hand holding during the date it is not very likely she will react happily to your "more aggressive" escalation at the end of that date.

The fact that she didn't drop you like a used tissue when you tried to steal a kiss and that she is trying to find a day to meet you again tells me you didn't manage to blew this up totally. Yet. :ROFLMAO:

I've heard of guys experiencing a lot of flakiness here and I more or less got the same experience. is it really not that uncommon? I mean, I was in contact (using LINE, contacts from both apps like tinder and/or international parties or events) with Japanese girls, I'd chat for a while and then ask them out, they'd say "yes I'd love to meet you" or something but then come up with excuses or just straight up stop responding when were setting up the actual meeting.
Idk, do they love to waste time? Why the fuck are you pretending to be interested if that's not the case. almost always that's what was happening.

-

also I'd like an opinion on my last date. We went for dinner and then we went for a walk, we went through a park nearby too but I only tried to kiss her once we were close to her home (probably a mistake there), she almost instantly replied with "just a hug". now, even before that, I thought that she wasn't much interested since a) she was barely making any eye contact and b) even less physical contact when I tried to get close or touch her.
but at the end of the date we decide to meet again, she looks at her agenda or something but doesn't seem too convinced. the next day she says she can't meet me that day (the one we decided during the date) but she can meet me the night of X day or Y day. I say great, I'm free the X day so let's meet again.

what I'm expecting here is that she's gonna come up with an excuse and won't show up for the 2nd date, giving the (I think) obvious lack of interest. why even bother agreeing in meeting a second time though?
However, do you think that there is any chance that she's actually interested? Maybe she wasn't making eye contact and such because shyness or whatever. she said "just a hug" because she didn't want to escalate just after 1 date. I'm thinking not a chance, but maybe I'm wrong.

Flakiness yes, will always happen. It doesn't necessarily mean they aren't interested, but it can. Sometimes it's an issue with how you're texting them.

Re: the date, what was the vibe like during the date and walk through the park. Was it "friendly" or man-to-woman?

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I can't even guess at what those terms mean, fwiiw.

-Ww

Well, an easy way to break that down is,

Would she be surprised if you kissed her, or somewhat expecting/hoping for it?

-

I don't know man, doesn't seem too interested but Japanese people tend not to make eyecontact and get physical in general..

Reactions: Wwanderer
Well, an easy way to break that down is,

Would she be surprised if you kissed her, or somewhat expecting/hoping for it?

But which corresponds to "friendly" and which to "man-to-woman"?

Both terms sound like they invite kissing etc to me.

-Ww

Last edited:
Reactions: chaztagster

-

You should have turned the page after the "just a hug" scene.

Hi,
I have created account here just to give You that weird story.

First paragraph is for the people that want to udnerstand the whole situation fully (so for those that will want to respond). You can easly skip it and just have fun reading the rest of the story.

I am an European male in early 20s' that actually was never on a date, never went to club/bar, never was drunk etc and that is not interested in emotional connections, but... I am interested in sex, so You can already see the problem. Ah, and to top it off I am very direct and hate lying, so even after few years of using Tinder, OKcupid I met with 0 women. I was being invited more than few times to go to Disneyland, meet and walk around Tokyo etc, but I was not interested in that if there was no sex involved, and of course after plainly asking about it all women were saying they are not interested (but most of them still wanted to meet for normal things). Yes, I understand that if I met with all of them, probably it would end up with sex at least once, but that is not the point. It was just introduction. Probably everyone that read so far made already some assumptions, so to clarify them: yes, I am super introverted and even though I am direct and straightfoward, I am also actually very shy and that is why I need to know before the meeting what will actually happen. I am unable to "feel the mood" and "just go for it" etc. And to makes things weirder, I am an IT guy, but also actually quite accomplished sportsman, so I did a sport related job in Tokyo (it was summer break in my country).

One pretty important thing before reading about "date": Miracle happened and I actually found one person that agreed for sex before we even met. Later I found out that she agreed for it not because she was interested in sex, but was interested in me enough to agree for sex (because that would mean she could actually meet me). It means I had a fwb before that "date" and my objective was to just get the "dating" experience to see what I was "missing" all those year (spoiler: nothing) and not sex.

Why we went on a "date":
I am using apostrophe, because we (I hope that we and not only me) didn't consider it a date, just friends meeting to watch the movie that we were both interested in (yup, anime)

Before coming to Tokyo I talked for over a year with one girl(also in her early 20s') on Line. The reason we started was a language exchange. I will say as least as possible about her, to not give any personal info, but I can say that she had experience living abroad in english speaking country and even before she left Japan she was pretty open minded. I don't mean sex(we never talekd about it), but questioning rules etc.

Of course we planned everything what will happen on a date before meeting. cinema -> restaurant -> cinema. We only didn't have restaurant decided yet (did it in cinema before movie started). Actually she planned the hours of movies and her first plan was to go for the latest possible time when the movie was being showed. Subway was close, but I though she might miss the last train, so we changed it to the earlier hour (yup, I know the "missing the train" excuse)

Start of the date:

I waited underground on a station near the cinema we were supposed to go to. I was not sure if I can recognize her, because we sent only one or two pictures to each other one day before the meeting, but I saw someone almsot running to me and few moments later I realized someone is hugging me. I heard that it is not common in Japan, but since she spent a longer time abroad I guessed it was pretty normal (although I have hugged probably less than 3 times in my life before that). We went to cinema, ate popcorn together and watched movie. After that we walked to the restaurant (of course without holding hands).

In restaurant we ordered some normal drinks (nonalcocholic, we both don't drink alcohol normally). I don't know if it is normal, but we tried each others dishes and deserts. After eating went back to cinema.

Here 2nd thing happened that probably most of You might take as a hint from her to me, before the movie started she actually said she was sleepy (it was around 20:00 or something like that, I don't remember). to be honest even though I waited for that movie a long time I also was falling asleep in some moments (I guess going to cienma after restaurant is not a great idea).

We had no other plans after the movie, so we just started to walk back to the subway. On the way there she said that she has next day free and will just spend it with other girl watching movies in home (I think I had work next day, but don't really remember). When we reached the subway (going separate ways) we hugged again, but I think that this time I initiated it and it was really short. I just had no idea what should I do. Never was in that situation, but just saying "good night" seemed a little cold. So the difference between "welcome" hug and "good bye" hug was huge.

Funny part:
I seriously forgot omiyage from my country, so we met again other day on the train station (she was coming back from holiday in different city on that day). We just exchanged omiyage and went separate ways. No hugs this time, but I was after job (sport job and there was no shower) and she had huge bag, so the situation wasn't exactly hug-friendly.

After all we still keep in contact and made plans to meet again when I come to Tokyo...this time to watch movies in apartment.

so the main question is Can everyone say with 100% ceranity that she wanted more or maybe it was really just friendly meeting like I thought it was ?

Reactions: MikeH and TokyoML
so the main question is Can everyone say with 100% ceranity that she wanted more or maybe it was really just friendly meeting like I thought it was ?

No, nobody can say that with any certainty at all. But what can be said is that for a very first date ever I think you did pretty good.

Now the real main question should be did you like the date? My advice is to go for more dates and forget about the sex part. You can use p4p for that and try to just enjoy the dates without it.

As an IT guy you know that complex systems that work are constructed by simpler systems that work. So get the dating and the sex part working separately before combining them.

Can’t wait till @MikeH wakes up and responds.

The only thing that surprised me was he found a girl who said yes to sex before meeting. All over the world girls are still taught sex is a bad thing so even if they'd like they say no. So I am guessing the old proverb really is true; ask directly a thousand times, get 999 slaps and one yes.

Now the real main question should be did you like the date?

my objective was to just get the "dating" experience to see what I was "missing" all those year (spoiler: nothing)

I didn't have any positive or negative feelings about it, so there are many more interesting things for me to do.

You can use p4p for that and try to just enjoy the dates without it.

about dates I have answered above and about p4p sex... tried it and didn't really enjoy it, guess it is not for me.

So I am guessing the old proverb really is true; ask directly a thousand times, get 999 slaps and one yes.

more like 9999, but probably even more and she agreed just because we talked on line before I came to Japan and got interested. I have mentioned sex in the first message as always, but she just ignored it and kept talking about other things, so I took it as a good sign and it worked. Asked again about it few days before the trip and got positive answer.

So get the dating and the sex part working separately before combining them.

dates and sex separatly were not great, but just watching movies and having sex with that friend that agreed to do it was okay. I mean, we probably did things that are considered dates(disneyland, reptaurants, movie marathons and even lived with her around a week), but I always said we are just friends and she accepted it ("shikata ga nai")

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I'm kinda confused.

She agreed to sex and then you didn't even go for it? To answer your question, yes it seems pretty apparent she was up for more from her actions and

she had huge bag

which was probably filled with her change of clothes / お泊りセット

To be honest, if I was her I'd feel pissed off! Like I was promised something that wasn't delivered...

She agreed to sex and then you didn't even go for it?

I'm guessing that was another girl totally.

but I always said we are just friends

I don't think that word means what you think it means. At least from where I come living together and having sex together is a bit more than friendly.