Guest viewing is limited

First Impressions and Experiences of Japan

yeah Japanese girls are very "coquette" compared to french girls too
Not agree, "coquette" is not really the good word, because french girls are really coquettes, i would say they are more "mimi" (cute), sure you def not french mate,ahaha.

I think it appropriate to provide taxi fares to cover transportation to/from dates for one's partners of the evening btw...and obviously it is obligatory if the trains have stopped.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Had my first Japanese crepe on my recent trip. Those crepes never interested me before, but afterI reading about the crème brulée ones I just had to try it out. So good!

I make sure to get one every time I'm in Tokyo. That's part of my motivation to go running during the week.

Reactions: faboo2001
Not agree, "coquette" is not really the good word, because french girls are really coquettes, i would say they are more "mimi" (cute), sure you def not french mate,ahaha.
I lived in France for 7 years and I prefer french girls to Japanese girls for the very reason they are not as "coquette" and dress more casual will less make up.
I didn't compare Japanese girls with girls from my country because girls here are coquette too and I don't really like that. french girls manage to be more than cute without many special effects (of course there are fashion victims in France too but not as many as Japan).

Yes of course my friend i guessed you not french, you know even in France, there is not really "crème brulée" offers in supermarkets ;)
Because this dessert need to be prepared at the time, Its very easy to do, 30mn is enough, its like a simple vanilla entremet...
the specificity is the way you do the "brulée", you should not to use a oven, its not good,but with a warm iron, a little bit like did john Wayne to mark the cows.
well I was happy even with the one sold in lidl. :D

I think it appropriate to provide taxi fares to cover transportation to/from dates for one's partners of the evening btw...and obviously it is obligatory if the trains have stopped.

This is an interesting subject and I have had some conflicting opinions. As once one of my friends almost got offended about me offering to give her money for the taxi after our meeting. Obviously I had paid all the expenses until that; restaurant, drinks in other place, hotel and overtime charge (would be a humble brag but I have to confess we fell to sleep :p) and some more drinks after. We were then going to different directions so sharing a cab was out of the question. When I discreetly tried to hand her the fee for the cab she looked me with eyes that said "what kind of girl you think I am?". :(

Reactions: Wwanderer
This is an interesting subject and I have had some conflicting opinions. As once one of my friends almost got offended about me offering to give her money for the taxi after our meeting. Obviously I had paid all the expenses until that; restaurant, drinks in other place, hotel and overtime charge (would be a humble brag but I have to confess we fell to sleep :p) and some more drinks after. We were then going to different directions so sharing a cab was out of the question. When I discreetly tried to hand her the fee for the cab she looked me with eyes that said "what kind of girl you think I am?". :(

I always offer (except when I forget...which happens more often than it should) in a gracious (I hope) way. Sometimes the lady gratefully accepts, and sometimes she declines (and I don't argue if she does so in a definite way), but I don't recall any ever being offended. Of course that doesn't mean it never happens.

-Ww

Last edited:
6) Taxis are indeed expensive everywhere.. Western Europe is particularly bad. Especially if you're ever in small towns. You might have to pay for the driver to drive to you in addition to the cost of your trip itself!
The thought of being in a small European town and having to CALL a taxi because they don't drive by, and then naturally have to wait and pay them a fortune gives me pure anxiety. Asia forever!

Reactions: Wwanderer

Funny to read a woman wouldn't mind you to pay for everything all night but the taxi is where she'll draw the line... And even be offended!

Personally I am more a let's split the bill kind of guy (reasonably of course)

Reactions: MikeH
The thought of being in a small European town and having to CALL a taxi because they don't drive by, and then naturally have to wait and pay them a fortune gives me pure anxiety. Asia forever!
Which town? :D

Me my first impression its i love Japan... And that's why i begin to learn japanese.
I gone round the world (except australia), and really i think i will come to finish my old days here, all is awesome there, people, nature ( even some friend told me its very pollute, water, air etc...is it true?), food, everything super!

Hmm, I thought paying for your own things you buy or consume was the thing in Japan, like when going to dates you're supposed to split the bill instead of paying for her. I'm not sure though just from what I've heard so far ;)

yeah but you can't buy great stuff from the super market to eat at home. even the yogurts are poor quality in Japan.

You can still buy salmon and eat them raw! :ROFLMAO:

I'm not a particular fan of yogurt but my taste for Nihon desserts isnt very suitable, It's like everything has red bean here :(

Reactions: Kulbutor
Hmm, I thought paying for your own things you buy or consume was the thing in Japan, like when going to dates you're supposed to split the bill instead of paying for her. I'm not sure though just from what I've heard so far ;)

Just a hint but this probably also varies if you are a high school kid going on a date with your classmate versus if you are a gentleman with gray hair going on a date with a lady who is several decades younger than you :cool:.

lol, I saw some kid with gray hair though...

Oh god, I just experienced a true Tokyo train rush hour. Yesterday was kind of rough but OK as it was a bit earlier.. today I got the white glove stuffing people treatment! :confused:

It is considered crowded only when people start to pay the staff to push them in :p

The first time I came to Japan I was living in Aomori and was lucky enough to rent a small house that had just been built outside of Misawa City.

I had farm fields in front of the house and a dirt road leading up to my place. The area would go on to be developed with more houses built around it, but for my two years there it was peaceful. I loved that house so much.

At 6:00am on weekday mornings the little village nearby would play a 30 second clip of Mozart from the emergency broadcast speakers.

I never understood the purpose of that music, unless it was just a nice way to wake people up and do a test of their emergency warning equipment.

The first time I noticed the music, just happened to be when I sat down on my brand new water toilet seat. It was an advanced toilet seat with a confusing array of buttons, heated and when you sat down on it, the water system changed automatically, making a soft whirring noise.

I had just pressed a button and the village loudspeaker started playing Mozart a few seconds later. I thought it was coming from the toilet seat at first. What a wonderful country, I thought

A few days later, I had the day off and was relaxing on my small deck with a cup of coffee. The garbage truck was coming up the dirt road to my place and I got a good look at the driver.

He was wearing white gloves, an important looking hat with a gold badge on it, and a bow tie. This was in 2003, but you would have had to go back to the early 1950s in the US to find the last time a garbage man wore a uniform like that. What a country, I thought.

Japan is a mix of ultra futuristic gadgets and traditional values. I really love that juxtaposition of old and new.