First song of your day

Reactions: Cinnabums
The surprise visiting a metalbar in Tokyo 20 years ago and everyone sang along to this song.

Reactions: Sudsy
Hope these skanksters throw a soloshow in Tokyo next year, the other bands* on the Punkspring bill are pretty weak.

*Exception for Bad Religion.

One of Osakas best kept secret, 秘部痺れ Hibushibire, best consumed live!

Let's freakout! Drop acid!

Starting the day off right. :)

Reactions: Cinnabums
Just reminding my brothers of TAG that there are geniuses in the world, or at least were. Woke up this morning and after some time this gorgeousness reappeared on my playlist.
I present to you Gustav Holst's "Planets."

"Mars" is rigid and fierce. In the unstable meter of 5/4 the whole way through, jarring you despite the fact that you want to headbang. Probably would make for a really intense session, too, if your lady for the day is feeling complicated.
"Venus" is lusty and poignant. Switching between major and minor keys with leitmotif feel not much unlike Wagner. It is actually my favorite and closest to my heart (which makes sense because I just fucking love fucking women.)
"Mercury" is frantic and uncontrolled. The twirling, ephemeral melody gets lost easily, like a wandering beast in infancy. Many critics say it isn't supposed to have a character, but to me they are drunk motherfuckers.
"Jupiter" is majestic and playful. It is the most ironic and complicated pieces of music ever written with bizarre key changes and such a powerful second melody that it is literally the second national anthem of the UK and beloved by the Japanese. As with my nature, of course, it is my least favorite movement, which doesn't mean I hate it at all, but I find Holst's contributions otherwise in this suite far more interesting.
"Saturn" is philosophical and contemplative. It was Holst's favorite movement, probably because it reflects a lot of his obsession with mystics. The ending is a sheer reminder of meaninglessness in existence.
"Uranus" is almost as chaotic as Mercury, but seemingly more experienced and almost drunken. The brashness and chaos gets more and more unbearable until a bone-chilling interruption about five minutes into, as if it dies.
"Neptune" is controversial. I love the eeriness and meandering melody which never really seems to begin or end. The last part with the choir just makes it feel like it sits on the edge of reality...

Enjoy!

Just reminding my brothers of TAG that there are geniuses in the world, or at least were. Woke up this morning and after some time this gorgeousness reappeared on my playlist.
I present to you Gustav Holst's "Planets."

"Mars" is rigid and fierce. In the unstable meter of 5/4 the whole way through, jarring you despite the fact that you want to headbang. Probably would make for a really intense session, too, if your lady for the day is feeling complicated.
"Venus" is lusty and poignant. Switching between major and minor keys with leitmotif feel not much unlike Wagner. It is actually my favorite and closest to my heart (which makes sense because I just fucking love fucking women.)
"Mercury" is frantic and uncontrolled. The twirling, ephemeral melody gets lost easily, like a wandering beast in infancy. Many critics say it isn't supposed to have a character, but to me they are drunk motherfuckers.
"Jupiter" is majestic and playful. It is the most ironic and complicated pieces of music ever written with bizarre key changes and such a powerful second melody that it is literally the second national anthem of the UK and beloved by the Japanese. As with my nature, of course, it is my least favorite movement, which doesn't mean I hate it at all, but I find Holst's contributions otherwise in this suite far more interesting.
"Saturn" is philosophical and contemplative. It was Holst's favorite movement, probably because it reflects a lot of his obsession with mystics. The ending is a sheer reminder of meaninglessness in existence.
"Uranus" is almost as chaotic as Mercury, but seemingly more experienced and almost drunken. The brashness and chaos gets more and more unbearable until a bone-chilling interruption about five minutes into, as if it dies.
"Neptune" is controversial. I love the eeriness and meandering melody which never really seems to begin or end. The last part with the choir just makes it feel like it sits on the edge of reality...

Enjoy!

Uranus.. 😂😂😂

1989, still in school, no internet.
Dictionary in hand, learning English.

I still remember most of the lyrics from Carcass second album Symphonies of Sickness. Not for everyone.
Bill Steer Jeff Walker Ken Owen(R.I.P)

In a forum like this you have to tread lightly, you might upset someone. Napalm Death would be upset with all of us!

Napalm Death never did became fashionable!

Props to anyone who knows who inspired the "ughh" at the 2.58 mark!

So, @just4fun introduced us to Greta van Fleet a while ago, with their version of Led Zeppelin.

Returning the favour, here's Goodby June doing the same thing for Bon Scott era AC/DC.

But better than GVF.

So, @just4fun introduced us to Greta van Fleet a while ago, with their version of Led Zeppelin.

Returning the favour, here's Goodby June doing the same thing for Bon Scott era AC/DC.

But better than GVF.

Not bad..........yeah.....better but would have liked to have heard a different "voice"
Since it's a covers morning......

Reactions: Cinnabums and Sudsy
You do like TypeO I suspect? Marvellous band indeed!
Type 0 + Kings X are my two favorites. George Lynch is my favorite Guitarist with honorable mentions to Hendrix/Leslie West/Randy Hanson.

Me too.