First time in Japan!

mimann001

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys, I will be travelling to Japan for 2 weeks with my friend from 23rd April to 5th May. Even though there are lot of useful topics in TAG on my inquiry. I request any further advises would be more useful. And if its a repeat topic, I'm sorry about it. Me & my friend have planned 4 nights in Tokyo staying in Shinjuku area followed by 4 days in Osaka (any recommended area?) and 5 days in Fukuoka staying in Nakasu area. I read through lot of topics on gaijin friendly bars / clubs / soaplands / LH's and JK-style booking. However, it was said that I need to know basic Japanese to handle but I don't talk Japanese :-( except the word "sumimasen". I need help in understanding the below:

1. What are my chances of getting a J-Girl when I don't speak Japanese?
2. Can I enter a LH and book considering LH will provide me some contacts? I saw the JK-style but again how to book when I don't talk Japanese? Any recently explored options / contacts / Links?
2. What is the certainty of getting a girl from Bar / Clubs? How to approach and touching a girl when starting a conversation is it offence as per Japan culture? Any particular Bars / Clubs I should not miss and not a rip-off?
3. How to start a conversation with a girl standing alone in the street?
4. Places in Tokyo, Osaka & Fukuoka that I will have good possibility of getting what I need?
5. Is there any reliable Japanese speaking guide who could join us and take us around? Or any of you to whom I can personally email asking for more details and advise?

Your suggestions and advise is of big value to make our Japan trip very memorable. And kindly apologize if my questions are repeated and very petite. Thanks in advance for sharing. Cheers!

Welcome to TAG! I'll try to hit on some of these... briefly.

1. What are my chances of getting a J-Girl when I don't speak Japanese?
It's not impossible, but if you get her attention, what are you going to talk about? How are you going to let her know what you're interested in? You'll find some girls that speak a little English, but she's not going to want to try and bridge the gap with English if she's not very comfortable with it. There are exceptions.. but have your expectations in line with reality, just in case.
2. Can I enter a LH and book considering LH will provide me some contacts? I saw the JK-style but again how to book when I don't talk Japanese? Any recently explored options / contacts / Links?
A LH is just a LH... You go in by yourself and you have a girl go in with you or you have here come to the room. If you're interested in a service, JK Style does have some English support and can help you out. The usual flow is: You check the available girls > Note which ones you like (have alternates, not all see foreigners or foreigners that don't speak Japanese at all) > Call up JK Style, Ask for English Help > Ask for your girl > Confirm > go to hotel, check in > tell JK style hotel & room number > girls comes to your room. (Note: Bigger hotels have automated kiosks, you choose the room on the panel and pay at the window. Others have machines in the room where you have to pay in the room itself.)
3. What is the certainty of getting a girl from Bar / Clubs? How to approach and touching a girl when starting a conversation is it offence as per Japan culture? Any particular Bars / Clubs I should not miss and not a rip-off?
This is really subjective and cannot be directly answered here. The certainty of getting a girl is up to your prowess and charm. The approach here is not so different, don't touch in areas that you would assume to be a no-go!
4. How to start a conversation with a girl standing alone in the street?
Same as anywhere else... just keep the language barrier in mind and don't be over intimidating.
4. Places in Tokyo, Osaka & Fukuoka that I will have good possibility of getting what I need?
5. Is there any reliable Japanese speaking guide who could join us and take us around? Or any of you to whom I can personally email asking for more details and advise?
For Osaka, there are some options you can find in the review sections. Fukuoka -- local bars, which isn't much. Reports from that area are kind of dry.
We don't have any people specifically available for this sort of service.... you can place a classified ad here at TAG or other sites to try and find someone to help you. Most of us residents have day jobs as well as gf's and family to take care of -- there may be someone out there that can help, but you should start asking now to see if you can arrange something.

Your suggestions and advise is of big value to make our Japan trip very memorable. And kindly apologize if my questions are repeated and very petite. Thanks in advance for sharing. Cheers!
There are a lot of general resources here on TAG, but it's hard to pull out exactly the ones that you may be interested in. You should do some more reading and searching and if you really get stuck, post your question over in Q&A and we'll see who's around that may have a suggestion or answer for you.

No matter what happens, I'm sure you'll have an excellent time. :)

Thanks TAG Manager for your reply, appreciate your prompt response. Will run through more topic's to get the required info's and will definitely share my experience and gaijin friendly outlets once I'm back from trip to my other fellow travelers. Thanks again :)

Reactions: TAG Manager
I guess you have booked your accommodation already, as you are traveling during golden week, which usually means that prices peak and availability goes low.

I guess you have booked your accommodation already, as you are traveling during golden week, which usually means that prices peak and availability goes low.
Yes but azaleas are beautiful!
(A bit of flower poetry in this world of sins is welcome sometimes ... I hope)

I have a similar question. My trip starts next week; I am there mostly to visit cultural and historical sites. I am not looking for hard core stuff but I want to have fun in the evenings rather than sleeping in tiny hotel rooms :) My GF gave me limited freedom to enjoy Japan. For example, these soap shops look very interesting but it looks like they are all shady business and not foreigner friendly. Some of them are rip off.

I will be in Tokyo and Osaka area. Any recommended places to visit in these cities?

For example, these soap shops look very interesting but it looks like they are all shady business and not foreigner friendly. Some of them are rip off.

If you read our review sections, you can see which Soaplands have a better reputation than others. It's still hit and miss.... but I wouldn't call it shady beyond places that may charge more for foreigners or have heavily photoshopped the girls' pictures. If you stick with those well-reviewed places, then you'll likely come out feeling pretty good. (pun intended!)

I will be in Tokyo and Osaka area. Any recommended places to visit in these cities?
Our Osaka information is still limited -- and that's partially because outside of Tokyo, there are still some heavy barriers blocking foreigners from enjoying some of the same services.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland

Yes my booking has already been done except Osaka. Any recommendations where to stay in Osaka to enjoy best nightlife? Thank you