TAG Member
Reaction score
title says it all
i havnt been to one...wanna check out one before i leave japan

thx,

title says it all
i havnt been to one...wanna check out one before i leave japan

thx,

I actually don't know of any in Roppongi, but they are everywhere else and the concept is usually the same.

Seems like everywhere I go, there's a girl on the street advertising a girls bar.

They're not hard to get into...

I actually don't know of any in Roppongi, but they are everywhere else and the concept is usually the same.

Seems like everywhere I go, there's a girl on the street advertising a girls bar.

They're not hard to get into...

Lol! They're actually way too easy to get into ! :D

The google search will be more effective if you type "girls bar Roppongi".... in google, or on google maps. There is one above the Pet Shop on the main drag walking towards Midtown( Beauty). I have never tried it. I tried one several years ago over by Roppongi Hills. These places come and go. Best to just stroll around, and look for college age girls standing on the street....poke your head into the bar, check the set up and the talent and then tell them you you may come back after you have surveyed the rest of the n'hood. They are not that interesting (IMHO), and they seem to be popping up everywhere...even places like Ebisu have lots of Girls Bars.

But no harm in ticking them off your list...and you never know how a Tokyo night can play out. ;)

Reactions: Frenchy
The google search will be more effective if you type "girls bar Roppongi".... in google, or on google maps. There is one above the Pet Shop on the main drag walking towards Midtown( Beauty). I have never tried it. I tried one several years ago over by Roppongi Hills. These places come and go. Best to just stroll around, and look for college age girls standing on the street....poke your head into the bar, check the set up and the talent and then tell them you you may come back after you have surveyed the rest of the n'hood. They are not that interesting (IMHO), and they seem to be popping up everywhere...even places like Ebisu have lots of Girls Bars.

But no harm in ticking them off your list...and you never know how a Tokyo night can play out. ;)

You can also waste a lot more of money for less interesting talk+drinks deals . IMHO they are not that bad . Not as good as the Thai equivalent of course , but still worth trying

That's not entirely helpful.......

Actually, it was intended to be helpful.:sorry:

My point was that he should search the forum first, in case the thought had not occurred to him. Once he did so, he'd have at least an idea what's already been posted and could go from there with further inquiries.

There are 10 pages of post regarding Roppongi which I linked for him:

roppongi search.JPG

My point was that he should search the forum first, in case the thought had not occurred to him. Once he did so, he'd have at least an idea what's already been posted and could go from there with further inquiries.
As stated before, I'd prefer not to link people to searches and actually provide information, if it's available.
Someone landing on this thread from a Google search doesn't want to be told to search again.

Thanks!

As stated before, I'd prefer not to link people to searches and actually provide information, if it's available.
Someone landing on this thread from a Google search doesn't want to be told to search again.

Thanks!

Understood-something I did not consider-thank you.(y)

Still, there is a wealth of information on TAG that can easily be found using TAG's search function. So many people have taken the time to actually post valuable information.

Yet, many folks-new members mostly, start a thread, often when they are horny, and expect us
to be at their beck and call.

I'm not so sure that such an attitude is productive to the Board. TAG works because good people contribute by relating their experiences. It's not a one-way street.

No big deal, really, at least to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeH and Frenchy
I'm not so sure that such an attitude is productive to the Board. TAG works because good people contribute by relating their experiences. It's not a one-way street.
Bottom line is that if someone comes in from a Google search and see's someone else tell them to effectively go search again, that's a 'bounce' for us. It's someone that will likely never come back again. Having a high bounce rate is a bad thing... it means that our core material will be ranked down because of other bounces around the site. Our bounce rate is an embarrassing ~21%, which is not good. We want this to be <10%...

Thanks.

There are definitely posts about Roppongi in this forum, but those are not about girlsbars.

Since girls bars are mostly about talking, it could be hard for OP to get in and enjoy if his Japanese skills are not good.
There was a place in Shinjuku called "yes resort" with a big sign saying "English OK". They are still operating but the sign is gone so maybe there is no English support anymore.

Girls do their best to speak English but they could be uncomfortable with non Japanese speakers and some tourists may also expect extra services from them like other bars in Asia have, so they may be hesistant to let in foreigners. If you could find a Japanese friend who's willing to go with you it shouldn't be a problem.

Girls bars and hostess clubs, while adult entertainment, are not so well reviewed on TAG. Maybe because of the tame services, high prices and YMMV for chemistry with the girls.

Bottom line is that if someone comes in from a Google search and see's someone else tell them to effectively go search again, that's a 'bounce' for us. It's someone that will likely never come back again. Having a high bounce rate is a bad thing... it means that our core material will be ranked down because of other bounces around the site. Our bounce rate is an embarrassing ~21%, which is not good. We want this to be <10%...

It would be actually very interesting to learn more about running a high volume web forum. Stuff like this as well as the daily work it involves. Instead of TAG orgy you should organise a seminar for us about that subject. Maybe somewhere with easy access to beers and other refreshments later of course.

Yeah, sorry: I drink and I derail things...

There was a place in Shinjuku called "yes resort" with a big sign saying "English OK". They are still operating but the sign is gone so maybe there is no English support anymore.
I remember this place... but I forgot where it was.

However, I was approached by a girl just outside Shinanoya who was inviting me into a Girls bar in that area. I do speak enough Japanese, but she still approached me while I was waiting for someone. So, they don't mind approaching non-Japanese it seems...

It would be actually very interesting to learn more about running a high volume web forum. Stuff like this as well as the daily work it involves. Instead of TAG orgy you should organise a seminar for us about that subject. Maybe somewhere with easy access to beers and other refreshments later of course.
I'm going to hold a 'meet me' session and charge 5,000 yen for a entry fee. :D :D :D :D

Girls bars and hostess clubs, while adult entertainment, are not so well reviewed on TAG. Maybe because of the tame services, high prices and YMMV for chemistry with the girls.

I would guess mostly because they require language skills. And also maybe you would need to be more accustomed to the local culture to be able to value the services they provide too.

I would guess mostly because they require language skills. And also maybe you would need to be more accustomed to the local culture to be able to value the services they provide too.
Still, most people on TAG or looking at TAG want skin contact activities. Paying to talk to girls... is on the low priority side for the majority of people here.

I'm going to hold a 'meet me' session and charge 5,000 yen for a entry fee. :D :D :D :D

As long as you provide receipts at the door! :D

And it would still be cheaper than the fan meetings the new line of pop groups and youtubers are charging; some for just a few seconds with your idol! :eek:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I remember this place... but I forgot where it was.

However, I was approached by a girl just outside Shinanoya who was inviting me into a Girls bar in that area. I do speak enough Japanese, but she still approached me while I was waiting for someone. So, they don't mind approaching non-Japanese it seems...
Its in that short street near Toho Cinemas, where one entrance to Shinanoya and the I love kabuki cho sign are. Lots of touts in that area. Yes Resort used to have an English speaking male tout who would hit on me if i walked by, but i think he quit. Good news for me because it was awkward but bad news for foreign guys who want to drink with girls in bikini, i guess.

Yes, i think it depends on the place, if its very quiet or not, if the tout/advertising girl speaks English, if the staff speaks English, if the tout assumes you may be a Japanese speaker... lots of thing.
Anyway, there are so many girls bars everywhere, OP should manage to get into one!

Its in that short street near Toho Cinemas, where one entrance to Shinanoya and the I love kabuki cho sign are.
Yeah, she was standing on the side facing to the love hotels, the same place you saw me stuffing my face with chocolate... :LOL::whistle:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
No words.......

Hey, please don't shoot the messenger. Or the pianist either.

I am trying to stay on top of things for business as well as for personal reasons. That I pretty much haven't understood the appeal of anything since Twitter doesn't mean I could or would not try to know what's going on.

Reactions: TAG Manager
Girls do their best to speak English but they could be uncomfortable with non Japanese speakers and some tourists may also expect extra services from them like other bars in Asia have, so they may be hesistant to let in foreigners. If you could find a Japanese friend who's willing to go with you it shouldn't be a problem.

There were no girls bars in Tokyo in my early years in Japan. In fact girls and alcohol were only recent inventions at the time! :D However, there were hostess clubs and such, and when I was desperate enough (desperate enough to spend the little money I had then), I found that a phrase book and a J<==>E dictionary combined with what must have been hilarious looking pantomime antics could suffice to get one through an evening of mirth if one could locate a J hostess bold enough to give it a try.

With modern online translation apps and other supports plus a generous supply of patience and a profound lack of dignity, I bet you could do ok without speaking a word of Japanese.

-Ww

Hey, please don't shoot the messenger. Or the pianist either.

I am trying to stay on top of things for business as well as for personal reasons. That I pretty much haven't understood the appeal of anything since Twitter doesn't mean I could or would not try to know what's going on.
Meeting Idols, yeah, heard about those... but meeting YouTubers? PLEASE.

Reactions: MikeH