Guest viewing is limited

Forum loading issue

impish

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey @TAG Manager ,

I keep having weird loading issues with the forums. It is something I can reproduce. For the last week or so when I go to load TAG I get a error generate by chrome. I can't remember the http error code. If I refresh the page the forums load. Not sure what the issue is. I'll try to update this post with the http error code next time it happens.

Does this happen to you when you are connected to wifi?
I'm just wondering because I kinda have the same problem but only when I'm connected to my home wifi.

I'm aware of a connection issue that happens over WiFi sometimes, but I've not been (so far) able to figure out why.

If you can get me some error codes, that'll help nail down a direction to follow.

Thanks and sorry for any issues.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I never make it to the error. I refresh after my browser hangs for about 5 seconds and get in fine. It only seems to happen after I haven't been to the site in a while (Chrome on PC and Android). Being logged or not has no impact.

Are you using a tool like Cloudflare?

I'm aware of a connection issue that happens over WiFi sometimes, but I've not been (so far) able to figure out why.

If you can get me some error codes, that'll help nail down a direction to follow.

Thanks and sorry for any issues.

Well I am always using Wifi, not sure if this is the same issue. I'll try to remember to open the developer console and see if I can get any network information from that.

Thanks - I'll be working on this from Tuesday. I may have an idea of what's happening.

We don't use Cloudflare.

I got it to happen again today. No useful information on the developer console. And I agree with @Jaaz. The message I get is a timeout message. Sometimes it'll show the timeout message and refresh on it's own which is weird.
Ahhhh... I think I know what's going on. That gives me a clue on what to look at. I'm also afraid that I know exactly what this is and I bet it's probably causing @Anna Summer's issue as well. I'll dig into this on Tuesday and see about getting a patch up this week (asap) to resolve this.

Really sorry.