Various over past weeks

Contact Method:
Walk-in

Appointment Length & Costs:
From 8,000 JPY/hour to 14,000 JPY 2 hours, no upselling

Type/Location:
Incall AMP in Nihonbashi. Accurate Google map on website

Language Notes:
No problem for the non-Nihongo speaker. Proprietress Yumi speaks serviceable English. Internationally accepted sign language with some.

Details of the Encounter:
This is the first in a series of reviews of what Tokyo has to offer to the experienced monger with zero Japanese skills. Which would be me. Having lived and practiced the pastime around the world, I now settled in this beautiful city, which sadly has received a reputation for keeping its charms to itself. This series of “Fun without nihongo” will help you overcome rejection. Today, we will visit Nihonbashi-Kayabacho Esthe&Massage a.k.a Aroma Queen .

I found this place through a posting by Tokidoki (domo!) and I found his description quite accurate. Of course, like always, there are slight nuances depending on the technician …

Aroma Queen (hereon AQ) is an incall massage parlor, situated in what looks like a former apartment in Nihonbashi in downtown Tokyo. It is easily accessible from either the Nihombashi or Kayabacho subway stations. The time-pressed traveler can reach it via direct train from Haneda. Had no problem finding it. There is a lift to the 6th floor. There is another shop (Luna Rose) on the 5th, unrelated. Did not try, does not come recommended.

I came as an unannounced walk-in a few times, had no problem receiving immediate attention. On Friday nights, I’d call ahead. I was always greeted in a very friendly manner, and always by females. No gruff tencho involved.

The AQ massage routine differs pleasantly from the usual. It’s a “body wash” place, but at AQ you won’t land on a naugahyde-covered bench, to be attacked with rough bristles that take your skin off. At AQ, you descend on a futon which is covered with a waterproof blanket. Turn over, close your eyes. You will be treated with soft foam, and with very delicate gentle strokes. You also won’t beg as usual that they should stop wasting time with massages, and to get to the essential parts. Your parts will receive attention very early. Flop over, more gentle treatment. This comes as close to real Tantra as possible in Japan (if someone knows where to get Tantra in Tokyo, pls leave a comment.)

Don’t come yet. When the full frontal foaming and gentle touching is finished, you will be invited to take a shower. Another break from the usual routine: You shower 1/3rd into the “treatment,” which gives you a chance to calm down.

Once showered and back on the futon (now without the waterproof cover), you will receive an extremely sensuous massage that focuses on your erogenous touch points instead on rearranging your backs and legs. For connoisseurs of the prostate treatment – that is on offer, and it was provided without a surcharge, and without requesting it. The masseuse simply gauged the reaction to gentle probing. Probably differs from technician to technician. This is a general write-up, and I may critique the handiwork of individual techs in further installments.

The ladies did react positively to gentle and respectful touching. Again, some are less shy, some more. As usual, it helps to turn into a steady customer, and to establish a rapport.

The final finale was always properly timed with the end of the session.

AQ has a small cadre of regular technicians, all young and in their twenties. The regulars are augmented by often changing students and part-timers. Their website sometimes charmingly lags behind the new arrivals, but after a few visits, I was told of impending new arrivals.

I am a friend of extended sessions, I once had a three hour one with a change of masseuses. Four hand treatment (at double the charge) also is available, but I naturally recommend to call ahead and book for that.
The price of 8,000 JPY for the hour and 14,000 for two is a bargain in Tokyo. There has been no up-selling.

Based on decades of experience, and while considering value for money, I’d give AQ a 10. In the matter of a few weeks, I have become a steady customer of AQ, to the detriment of my usual haunts, which I shall cover in further installments of “Fun without Nihongo.”

Final Thoughts:
Recommended, Will Repeat.

Closing Comments:

Last edited:
Thank you for the review!

Seems like they are doing well. I know that a new girl (Rio) was starting either today or yesterday - but it seems like they've found a few regulars to keep on staff. ;)

Glad you liked it. New JP girl started Saturday. Added to the college fund ....

Thanks for the confirmation! Haha...

Again, thank you and I'm sure they appreciate the positive review.

Reactions: Tokidoki
Great review, thanks for sharing.

Questions:

Do the girls remove their clothing?

Are customers allowed to touch the girls?

Are customers allowed to touch the girls?

I touched on that above. I had zero push-back. As always in these situations, you need to feel your way around.

Do the girls remove their clothing?

Not on their own. It depends on two people, the individual technician, and the individual customer. On my first TAG research expedition to AQ, I offered money for the disrobing. This was denied (and it led to the "no upsell" comment in the review.) Nevertheless, the highlight of the treatment was served in panties only. At further visits, some caregivers were clearly against shedding clothes, some could be convinced that it's too hot in the room .... YMMV ....

These individual nuances are par for the course. For instance my experiences at Kawasaki Blenda ranged from the offer of uncovered sex by one provider to an interruption of the session by the tencho, because I touched another provider's leg ... (Blenda may be reviewed in a further installment of Fun without Nihongo, with probably a D-, and that's not a cup size) YMMV .... YMMV .... YMMV .... YMMV ....

Haha, I like the title of your review.

I was going there once per week since it is so close to my office. However, they were busy two times and the rest of the time, I was just too tired.

YMMV applies greatly here, but touching is an easy green light. Getting more clothes off and more invasive touching, just depends on the mood and who you are seeing. It's best to be polite and not pressure them too much. If you're a regular, chances and ease of access will go up further (in my opinion).

With new girls being added, it's time to make a trip back soon.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
There is a campaign active for a 30 minute introduction course for 5,000 yen. (looks like for first timers only though, just in case anyone passes by..)
The promotion is on the Japanese page, but I think they would honor it regardless.

There is a shop in Shinjuku called Aroma Baby. Is it related or just coincidence (it wouldn't be weird for any massage shop to be called something with "aroma" of course).

Great entertaining review, thank you!
Got the YMMV part, but for the avoidance of doubt, and as it may be only a one-shot for me (also finance wise) could you please tell me which provider was more up for removing her top off and allow touching? Also for prostate massage? Thanks again, looking forward to next review!

Great entertaining review, thank you!
Got the YMMV part, but for the avoidance of doubt, and as it may be only a one-shot for me (also finance wise) could you please tell me which provider was more up for removing her top off and allow touching? Also for prostate massage? Thanks again, looking forward to next review!

It's been mentioned twice above that touching seems to be OK with all of the practitioners, as long as touching doesn't mean hands in the pants. Proprietress Yumi appeared to be an enthusiastic prostate checker. The rest is left as an exercise to the student. Also, I wouldn't go there if I can barely afford one session. Not being able to return would be too painful

Last edited:
These are great posts. In a weird way I prefer they don't go into the detail, but more about the how, what and where, because at the end of the day I want to experience the detail myself.

I will be following this series closely as someone who has very limited nihongo!

These are great posts. In a weird way I prefer they don't go into the detail, but more about the how, what and where, because at the end of the day I want to experience the detail myself. (snip)
I prefer to know the details because some venues have Iron Clad limitations. Those limitations are usually defined by the category (Fashion Health, Pink Salon, etc.)

I'm trying to find a good massage place (first and highest priority) that has an option for a happy ending (only 2nd priority). I would like to add my 0.02 cents here based on very limited visits.

Yumi-san's (I find her quite cute GND) English is definitely workable. Though, I haven't had her as a therapist yet.

They have a LINE ID (http://nihonbashi-esthe.com/2016/03/lineid.html) (find phone # and input AQ's phone number) which might make reservations easier!

Massage is decent compared to vanilla massage places (e.g. Raffine). I need to visit the other massage places in Shinjuku for comparison.

Some therapist allowed some sort of "up selling" (or maybe just trying to milk the client), but still no removal of external clothes. This assured touching the therapist during the last portion (only) of the treatment. :( A therapist allowed her bra straps to be loosened so that there is get better access to her tits. She was introduced as a Nikkei (half Japanese) though. Others are YMMV as always.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colonel Angus
Some therapist allowed some sort of "up selling" (or maybe just trying to milk the client), but still no removal of external clothes. This assured touching the therapist during the last portion (only) of the treatment. :( A therapist allowed her bra straps to be loosened so that there is get better access to her tits. She was introduced as a Nikkei (half Japanese) though. Others are YMMV as always.

Can I clarify: Did you pay more for something on top of basic fee? I'm just double-checking because that shouldn't be happening, at least at AQ. Admittedly, the girls may allow more with more incentive, such as a tip, but it's YMMV sadly...

Reactions: scorpioni6ths
I'm trying to find a good massage place (first and highest priority) that has an option for a happy ending (only 2nd priority). I would like to add my 0.02 cents here based on very limited visits.

Yumi-san's (I find her quite cute GND) English is definitely workable. Though, I haven't had her as a therapist yet.

They have a LINE ID (http://nihonbashi-esthe.com/2016/03/lineid.html) (find phone # and input AQ's phone number) which might make reservations easier!

Massage is decent compared to vanilla massage places (e.g. Raffine). I need to visit the other massage places in Shinjuku for comparison.

Did you try Ai's massage yet?
I havent been but from the reviews it sounded like she gives a great, strong massage and if you ask for it a happy ending.

Reactions: john.smith
Can I clarify: Did you pay more for something on top of basic fee? I'm just double-checking because that shouldn't be happening, at least at AQ. Admittedly, the girls may allow more with more incentive, such as a tip, but it's YMMV sadly...

Yes I did pay extra 4K. Fund dumped as experience. I think it's just this specific therapist, Nina.

Did you try Ai's massage yet?
I havent been but from the reviews it sounded like she gives a great, strong massage and if you ask for it a happy ending.

Need to read that one.

Thank you, noted. Really seems out of place for that shop....
Definitely weird, the person is not in the list of therapists. This therapist was recommended by Yumi herself. Note: I went there early (around 1pm actually), and I was probably the very first client for that day.