Guest viewing is limited

Furniture Pickup and Delivery

starfishdpatrik

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi, do you guys know of any cheap transporting company that can transport a couple of furniture (table and 2 chairs) to my house. I'm planning on buying off craigslist.
Distance would be from Suginami ku to Higashi Omiya (distance about 39km.)

I've also tried asking around. Here's what I got so far:

1. Smart Move Tokyo 12,000
2. Tokyo Truck Guy 15,000
3. Quoz 18,000
4. Hikkoshi Tokyo (haven't reponded yet)
5. Quickmove (haven't responded yet)

All of them are English speaking movers so I don't know If that affected their pricing. If any of you would know anything cheaper that would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi, do you guys know of any cheap transporting company that can transport a couple of furniture (table and 2 chairs) to my house. I'm planning on buying off craigslist.
Distance would be from Suginami ku to Higashi Omiya (distance about 39km.)

I've also tried asking around. Here's what I got so far:

1. Smart Move Tokyo 12,000
2. Tokyo Truck Guy 15,000
3. Quoz 18,000
4. Hikkoshi Tokyo (haven't reponded yet)
5. Quickmove (haven't responded yet)

All of them are English speaking movers so I don't know If that affected their pricing. If any of you would know anything cheaper that would be helpful. Thanks.
if you have a local driving license it could be cheaper renting a van for what you have to take.

For the distance you're talking, you're not going to do much better than 12K. You're looking at 2K or so in gas plus 3-4 hours of a driver's time.

I knew a guy who bought a mini sofa for 20,000 yen. Used it for three years. Then despite it being in quite poor condition (it was white) sold it on Craigslist for 25,000 yen. The bozo who bought it even picked it up.

if you have a local driving license it could be cheaper renting a van for what you have to take.

But not much; last time I rented a big van it cost around 7 thousands for 6 hours. Add the hours you need to pick it up, transfer the stuff and bring it back and there is not many yens per hour you are making.

But not much; last time I rented a big van it cost around 7 thousands for 6 hours. Add the hours you need to pick it up, transfer the stuff and bring it back and there is not many yens per hour you are making.
true, I wonder if the table and the chairs are cheap enough on craigslit to be worth the trouble.

Reactions: MossBoss and MikeH
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
This is absolutely crazy! Paying 12,000 yen or whatever to transport tatty second-hand IKEA furniture from Craigslist. It would be cheaper and certainly less hassle to buy it new. Why the hell, would someone want to buy a second-hand IKEA chair? They are only 2,500 yen new!

By the way, I have a case of flood damaged tea bags if anyone wants to buy them. You arrange the shipping.

This is absolutely crazy! Paying 12,000 yen or whatever to transport tatty second-hand IKEA furniture from Craigslist. It would be cheaper and certainly less hassle to buy it new. Why the hell, would someone want to buy a second-hand IKEA chair? They are only 2,500 yen new!

By the way, I have a case of flood damaged tea bags if anyone wants to buy them. You arrange the shipping.

Why? Cause
1. They're not tatty. I've seen the items and it's brand new condition.
2. Buying them brandnew would cost me over 25k + Ikea Shipping. (Table and Chairs)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland