Guest viewing is limited

Fusion kitchen recommendations

Every Italian restaurant is basically serving fusion cuisine here. You don’t have the original ingredients and recipes have been bent to match the local taste. I might be biased though.

Just about every cuisine is altered to fit local taste in Japan.

Sometimes it get really creative-Japanese pizza, for example.

Most interesting fusion restaurant I have seen was in Brisbane. It was Indian-Mexican. They had things like curry enchiladas. I was in a hurry and didn’t get to eat there so I can’t comment but it seemed like a cool idea.

Personnally I dont think Italian and Japanese mix that well.
For an Italian/Fusion/Glamour design experience I would recommend Dazzle in the Mikimoto building in Ginza. But go there with a sugar daddy to foot the bill ;)

Most interesting fusion restaurant I have seen... It was Indian-Mexican.

!!!?!!! BURN THE HERETIC!!!!,

Sorry, I live an existence with culinary blue balls, missing cheap, authentic Mexican food, and you throw this in my face?

For the OP - maybe Cicada in Aoyama would fit your needs?

As for authentic Italian food - go to Elio's near Hanzomon station. It's run by Italians and they make the pasta in house.

Reactions: Frenchy
Il Faro in the Shiseido building in Ginza this is definetely italian fusion and is def nice

Mamma Luisa's Table in Shibuya is more italian than fusion, but as Kaspar said, there is almos not true italian in Tokyo ( there is some exception tho )

Reactions: Simonka
!!!?!!! BURN THE HERETIC!!!!,

Sorry, I live an existence with culinary blue balls, missing cheap, authentic Mexican food, and you throw this in my face?

For the OP - maybe Cicada in Aoyama would fit your needs?

As for authentic Italian food - go to Elio's near Hanzomon station. It's run by Italians and they make the pasta in house.

Yes, Elio’s good. Not fusion at all but solid italian fare.

Reactions: warubuta
Il Faro in the Shiseido building in Ginza this is definetely italian fusion and is def nice

Mamma Luisa's Table in Shibuya is more italian than fusion, but as Kaspar said, there is almos not true italian in Tokyo ( there is some exception tho )
No true Italian food in Tokyo! I find more authentic Italian fare here than any other city in the world. My Italian friends, some of whom are foodies all agree. In fact, some say that they think that the pasta and pizza served in the good places here is often better than in Italy because the chefs here pay more attention to getting it right. In Italy, the chef may know how to cook, but he doesnt give a shit - in true Italian style. I was in Venice a year ago. We stayed at a very upscale hotel called The Bauer. Great Italian food. Japanese chef.

No . In fact, some say that they think that the pasta and pizza served in the good places here is often better than in Italy .
I can't speak for anybody else's experience but every Japanese woman I have shared a meal with pasta in it believed that pasta has to be served al dente - and I find that restaurants in Tokyo are very careful about this point.

Reactions: Ken1988
I can't speak for anybody else's experience but every Japanese woman I have shared a meal with pasta in it believed that pasta has to be served al dente - and I find that restaurants in Tokyo are very careful about this point.
Al dente or not is a Japanese neophytes rudimentary indicator of quality. I think it originates in the fact that most coffee shops over cook the noodles whereas restaurants try to do al dente. In fact, it is a stylistic choice to be made by the chef - within limits. For example, Amatrichiana should always be on the soft side, whereas anything that is just olive oil-based would likely be al dente. Cream-based sauces would be somewhere in between.

Reactions: Simonka
:rolleyes:
I've found it rather amusing also you are also served a spoon to "twist " your pasta with.... I've been told that's the peasant way to eat pasta in Italy... But maybe my Italian friends were taking a piss...:rolleyes:

Reactions: impish
No true Italian food in Tokyo! I find more authentic Italian fare here than any other city in the world. My Italian friends, some of whom are foodies all agree. In fact, some say that they think that the pasta and pizza served in the good places here is often better than in Italy because the chefs here pay more attention to getting it right. In Italy, the chef may know how to cook, but he doesnt give a shit - in true Italian style. I was in Venice a year ago. We stayed at a very upscale hotel called The Bauer. Great Italian food. Japanese chef.

More italian than the italian! you're funny man! :ROFLMAO:

I don't wanna deny that the food in Tokyo is fantastic and if you go to some highly touristic places in Italy you will eat shit made for the tourists ... but, and I don't wanna start a food war here ( see here for a reference on how about italians feel about italian food https://twitter.com/ItalianComments ) , but since I'm italian, I believe I know about italian food definitely more then you.

Al dente or not is a Japanese neophytes rudimentary indicator of quality. I think it originates in the fact that most coffee shops over cook the noodles whereas restaurants try to do al dente. In fact, it is a stylistic choice to be made by the chef - within limits. For example, Amatrichiana should always be on the soft side, whereas anything that is just olive oil-based would likely be al dente. Cream-based sauces would be somewhere in between.

Amatriciana not Amatrichiana ;) and pasta on the soft side.... mmmmmmmNO!

:rolleyes:
I've found it rather amusing also you are also served a spoon to "twist " your pasta with.... I've been told that's the peasant way to eat pasta in Italy... But maybe my Italian friends were taking a piss...:rolleyes:

your italian friends was saying the truth :)

I don't wanna deny that the food in Tokyo is fantastic and if you go to some highly touristic places in Italy you will eat shit made for the tourists ... but, and I don't wanna start a food war here ( see here for a reference on how about italians feel about italian food https://twitter.com/ItalianComments ) , but since I'm italian, I believe I know about italian food definitely more then you.

Amatriciana not Amatrichiana ;) and pasta on the soft side.... mmmmmmmNO![/QUOTE

I knew I was asking for trouble. Italians can't agree with themselves on anything. Why would they agree with me? Anyway, I did say that pasta firmness was largely up to the chef. With AmatariCHiana, bucatina would be the traditional choice of pasta. Do you disagree? I am sure you will. Because you are Italian.

As I said I have no intention to start any flame, so... plus it's only food man and I don't see the need from your side to immediately go on the offensive, since I'm not going against you ;)

Would be also interesting know where are you from to complete the picture :rolleyes:

Anyway, bucatinI ( bucatina is a small female drug addicted ) is the right pasta and stop assuming thing about me man!

Bucatini. My spelling mistake. You mean small female drug addict not small female drug addicted. It’s tiresome having your spelling and grammar checked. I’ll stop if you will. I was not being offensive. I was just joking about how I sometimes think that Italians have trouble agreeing on anything. Do you disagree?

Reactions: librelu
your italian friends was saying the truth :)
Well it may be for peasants but my ancestors were peasants (not Italian though) so I have no problem with that. Using the spoon can be useful to roll them better and avoid stains.

Amatriciana not Amatrichiana ;) and pasta on the soft side.... mmmmmmmNO!

Anyway, you guys stole the 2006 World Cup and Matterazzi should burn in hell (i wrote his name wrongly on purpose, dont bother to correct me :D)

And you cant get a functioning government

But I love your country :)

Reactions: librelu
Back to topic : why not XEX in Daikanyama?
You have Salvatore on one side and the sushi place on the other. You can make your own fusion ! :)
Havent been there for ages though, not sure it even still exists.

Do you disagree?

how I cannot! It's my nature :)

Anyway, you guys stole the 2006 World Cup and Matterazzi should burn in hell (i wrote his name wrongly on purpose, dont bother to correct me :D)

And you cant get a functioning government

But I love your country :)

Are we still talking about 12 years ago? Looks where we end up now! disgraceful

your country is not so bad either ;)

Reactions: Frenchy