FYVP: For your viewing pleasure

I’d buy the Birkin bag for a dollar as well. To resell it for 50.000 dollar.
I see you don't know your movie quotes as well as this dirty old man!!!

Surprising, noone finds her hot?? Come on,,
I know you hate me, so I guess...

Surprising, noone finds her hot?? Come on,,
I know you hate me, so I guess...
I'd let her do me if she begged just a little...........

Reactions: Yuriko and MikeH
FYVP, one my all-time favourites from France — BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF (2001), helmed by talented director-screenwriter-producer and Hong Kong film connoisseur Christophe Gans.

Here’s film critic Roger Ebert’s take: “The one thing you don't want to do is take this movie seriously. Because it's so good-looking, there may be a temptation to think it wants to be high-toned, but no: Its heart is in the horror-monster-sex-fantasy-special effects tradition.”

So true. It’s a fun ride. Check out the trailer.

6E6955CB-99F9-499E-8CDA-C3C1A8A4C8A9.jpeg

FYVP, check out rom-com DAN IN REAL LIFE (2007), which I thoroughly enjoyed rewatching over a lazy Sunday afternoon with a nice bottle of Châteneauf-du-Pape.

Here’s the setup: Newspaper columnist Dan (Steve Carrell) goes into town in the afternoon and runs into Marie (Juliette Binoche) in a bookstore. They begin one of those conversations that threatens to continue for a lifetime. It's not love at first sight, but it's intrigue, approval and yearning. She supplies her phone number. That evening, brother Mitch (Dane Cook) brings his girlfriend home and, yes, it's Marie.
Dan’s family tries to fix him up with an old childhood friend Ruthie (Emily Blunt), who everyone remembers as “Pigface” back in the day. But of course, Dan and Marie still end up together in the end after a few complications.

I love this bit when the family gathers in the living room, as Dan waits for Ruthie to arrive.

6CDA22F1-179B-4FDF-9413-38DCF9C82741.jpeg

Reactions: NorthTriangle
Today I was recently reminded of a touching old documentary.

Sick: The Life And Death of Bob Flanagan - Supermasochist.

Reactions: Majestyk
Yes, the director Lars von Trier worked with Nicole Kidman in DOGVILLE (2003), which I also haven’t seen.
NYMPHOMANIAC’s lead actress is Charlotte Gainsbourg, who I first saw in a French comedy — MA FEMME EST UNE ACTRICE (2001) — with her partner, the actor-writer-director Yvan Attal.
She’s a terrific actress.
Trivia: Gainsbourg’s mom is British actress Jane Birkin, the inspiration behind Hermes’ Birkin bag.

View attachment 10605
So i went ahead and also watched Dogville, and the two other movies (next to Nymphomaniac) in the Depression Triology that all star Charlotte Gainsbourg.
Nymp()maniac is still my absolute fave, of course its the most relatable topic for me as well though.
Dogville was a close second though. Very good psychological story. The set was kind of a shocked, i got that “we have spend most of the budget on hiring Nicole Kidman so now we can’t afford a set” kind of feel (i know it’s probably for artistic reasons but come on). It was really good overall though.
I can see why you don’t like Antichrist.. I feel like artistically it may be well thought out but its just not fun to watch. Its gore and there is not much storyline. I get the symbolism but honestly it could have been much deeper. If someone wonders what its like, its a similar kind of movie as Mother! so if you like that kind of thing its worth watching but i’d say there is not much viewing pleasure.
Melancholia is a very beautiful movie but i found the characters shallow and the story lacking and slow to develop. If you like the visual aspect of films then i’d recommend it but i found myself checking my phone a lot during the movie...
Nymphomaniac definitely has the most story to it, thats why its also a very long movie but never boring imo.

I agree, @User#7832 and @namae. THE DISH (2000) is an excellent film.
Also a big fan of the film’s lead actor, Sam Neill. BTW, he also makes outstanding Pinot Noir under the Two Paddocks brand in New Zealand.

View attachment 10063
He would have been a better Bond than Timothy Dalton. WTF were they thinking? And he was great in Reilly Ace of Spies. Will have to watch Dish while drinking a bottle of his Pinot.

Just watched DEADWOOD: THE MOVIE.
HBO and the filmmakers gave this series and its fans an absolutely solid and fitting conclusion.
The story was well-crafted, dialogue was crisp, the action was on point, there were references made to past events and characters, and each of the protagonists got their moment to shine.
Set 10 years after the end of the series’ third season, a funeral and a wedding help drive the story forward.
Timothy Olyphant, as Marshal Seth Bullock, and Ian McShane, as Al Swearengen, are both brilliant in portraying their wiser and older characters.
As the closing credits came on, I could not help but imagine how the finale of GAME OF THRONES could have been done differently. With less spectacle, perhaps? Anyway, that’s for another thread.

41E35D40-50E2-455D-97D4-21A8EDD6E05F.jpeg

5C08B586-B8C0-4AA4-AC3A-D9C6AF6764BF.jpeg

7C5BCCCB-9463-42A1-B5A4-62EB32B8C395.jpeg

Hello again. Here’s another entry FYVP.
I’ve always been a fan of men-on-a-mission films, so I was at the cinema one weekend when THE 13th WARRIOR was released in 1999.
The film had a solid pedigree: It was based on the 1974 novel “Eaters of the Dead” by the late great Michael Chrichton and helmed by DIE HARD director John McTiernan.
Most critics at the time, however, pointed out that this film failed to weave a strong story to hold together its series of battle scenes, despite its more than US$100 million budget.
I felt like the film was from the assembly line of CON AIR producer Jerry Bruckheimer, who says his occupation is “in the transportation business”. That’s because his films transport the audience to another place.
For me, I quite enjoyed the ride. Cheers!

Trailer >>>

Film >>>

C9D010FA-C82B-4D5A-A3A5-3DD9FC8A36F1.jpeg

Reactions: AMcguyver
I'm a huge stand up comedy fan. I saw Chris Redd on tour in Melbourne and he was stoned out of his head. This clip on Youtube is much better :)