Gaijin 'cheat Sheet'?

PartyJunkie

TAG Member
Reaction score
So with various establishments, some places outright don't accept gaijin, but a lot of places seem to let you in if you at least speak a little Japanese.
So what are the common things that would be asked in this situation and what would be an appropriate answer?

Cutie Bomb is the only place I know of that says on their website that doesn't accept gaijin but allows them. I wouldn't say you need to speak "a little" but you need advanced for Cutie Bomb and Pururungang. Pururungang's site says nothing about gaijin but I have been using them for a little over 2 years, but from what I understand you are required more advanced Japanese compared to 5A/Grimpeur.

5A/Grimpeur you can get away with basic, like nihongo wa daijoubu desu ka (is your japanese alright)? and you answer, nihongo wa daijoubu desu. and when you pick a girl you say (girl's name) ni shimasu to mean you picked her. and then about time, ojikan wa dou desu ka? you say how many minutes like gojuuuppun for 50 minutes or kyuujuupun for 90 minutes.

But just because these places accept you, your selection for girls may be low. Not all girls take gaijin.

Happy Berry I hear mixed stories about whether or not you speak Japanese but I speak Japanese which helps. On their old site, they indicated which girls were ok with foreigners but their current format doesn't show that.

Appreciate your response; Right now I can only speak the very basics and I'm making a big effort to learn for the next 4 months before I go there. But I'm also Korean, so I'm wondering if I can get away with it a bit more.. since it won't be immediately obvious from appearance that I'm a gajin.

But I very much appreciate the few phrases you have contributed. I'm being tutored Japanese but I don't really wanna ask how to say these things haha

There's some terms listed in our Abbreviations and Translations page that might be helpful. I don't think it's easy or even a good idea to list out "things to say at a red light district establishment". First because there's so many different kinds of places -- the types of things to say are going to vary wildly if you are going to a soapland vs calling for delivery health, etc. Secondly, most of what would be on the list is virtually worthless if you can't understand what the person is saying to answer them with pre-prepared material. Finally, while occasional translation help might be fine for those with some grasp of Japanese (I think there's a few threads here and there, for new people they aren't going to be able to pronounce most of the Japanese correctly either (think 'onegaishimasu'), and to me, a 'cheat sheet' gives me visions of hordes of guys who speak no Japanese walking around to Japanese only clubs, mispronouncing stuff so badly that not only do they get refused, they get suspicious of other prospective western clients.

Reactions: Muku1
Well, my best advice at this point with little to no Japanese ability is to go to a free information center in the "red light districts." Look for signs that say 無料案内所 and ask which place are ok with foreigners. This is how i found Happy Berry in Kabuki-cho.

As for places you may want to get into, it's more than just language, but it takes experience, cultural understanding and Tokyo street smarts to get into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muku1