Guest viewing is limited

Gaijin friendly Pharmacies

Bob

Enjoying life with the ladies!
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good pharmacies that can speak or understand english? Has nothing to do with a
STD!
Allergic to certain foods or ingridients. Possibly ate something I'm allergic too and have a rashe on arms and
neck.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Wouldn't it be better to go to a hospital?
I just know that most pharmacies near hospitals (especially international) have English speaking staff. Right now I can think of the one near the Takanawa clinic. Although that's a bit far away from the center. :/

I don't thank Japan is like Thailand or other SouthEast Asian countries where a pharmacist will actually attempt to diagnose you and suggest a medication.

I would like to know that just out of curiosity though. Can someone confirm?

Unless you are certain you know the exact antihistamine you need like, Benadryl, I too would go to a clinic.

you most likely will have to visit a doctor... when i had some allergic reaction no pharmacist was willing to give me any medication, even though i knew which one i needed... so i had to visit a doctor, get a prescription and then go back to the pharmacy... consulting 10000, medicine 2000^^

Japan has very strict laws in regards to medicines. Hell you can't even get a Tylenol that is more than 150mg where in the US you can buy a bottle of 500mg over the counter. There are 2 types of pharmacies in Japan. The ones that provide prescription drugs, and the ones that are also like markets (Matsumoto Kyoshi for example) where you can get over the counter meds, and general hygiene goods. You may be able to find some kind of medicine for rashes, but unless you know what the rash is from getting the right creme/ointment from the over the counter drug store may be difficult. As others have said, go see a doctor.