Guest viewing is limited

Getting Better at Pickup/Keeping a Low Profile

jackjack22

TAG Member
Reaction score
To get better at pick up, aside from training you must do a lot of approaches. I'd like to average at least 30 approaches per week but this can get tricky if you want to keep it a secret. Anyone here trying to keep pick up a secret and if so how far from your work place and home do you go for this? Any tips appreciated.

Reactions: emiliapoesy
Go down to Izu and open all the lonely fishermen wives.

Alternatively, as long as you don't work at New Days, try Shinjuku East Exit. If you're there and not doing nampa you're either of the fair sex or the JR staff.

Why doing it outside then? Dating sites are probably better re. the secrecy thing , and certainly with a better hit ratio too (at least you know that the ladies there are actually looking for someone, you are not bothering a person who is just in a hurry to do her shopping or go to the office or on her way to meet the man she loves already) .

Reactions: emiliapoesy
Go down to Izu and open all the lonely fishermen wives.

Alternatively, as long as you don't work at New Days, try Shinjuku East Exit. If you're there and not doing nampa you're either of the fair sex or the JR staff.

Are these fisherman wives gajin friendly, and you mean talk to the girls who are just hanging out around east exit or the establishments outside of east exit?

To get better at pick up, aside from training you must do a lot of approaches. I'd like to average at least 30 approaches per week but this can get tricky if you want to keep it a secret. Anyone here trying to keep pick up a secret and if so how far from your work place and home do you go for this? Any tips appreciated.

I've done an excessive amount of Nampa, even in the same area where my girlfriend worked. We bumped into each other often but she never actually saw me pickup, curiously enough. Keep in mind the only damning moment is right as you approach. Once they open up it just looks like they're your friend.

So just don't be a clown and open in a busy area

As an aside, very few women seriously care if you do it. It's seen as a "boys will be boys" kinda thing.

I've told all my exes that I teach nampa and they had no issue with it or with dating me knowing that

As an aside, very few women seriously care if you do it. It's seen as a "boys will be boys" kinda thing.

I've told all my exes that I teach nampa and they had no issue with it or with dating me knowing that

Thats preaching a bit for your own chapel dont you think?
If you were a gal not interested at all in being nampaed, after how many guys approaching you near the station would you snap and shout « fuck off » ?

Thats preaching a bit for your own chapel dont you think?
If you were a gal not interested at all in being nampaed, after how many guys approaching you near the station would you snap and shout « fuck off » ?

All approaches are not created equal.

Just be better than the others and you'll be in a class of your own

Anyway I think you misunderstand. I'm not saying all women want to be nampad (although most do, at least by a guy they like). It's like, even if someone doesn't like the taste of beer, nobody is pushing for it to be illegal or is shocked when someone drinks a beer.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I'm not saying all women want to be nampad (although most do, at least by a guy they like).
I feel the same way about advertisements. I am happy to have my favourite TV show interrupted by advertising - but only by advertisements for products that interest me and that I've never heard of. Every other advert should fuck right off.

I feel the same way about advertisements. I am happy to have my favourite TV show interrupted by advertising - but only by advertisements for products that interest me and that I've never heard of. Every other advert should fuck right off.

Well... Hate them though you may, those ads pay for your tv show to exist

Well... Hate them though you may, those ads pay for your tv show to exist
Yes. That's one of the points where my analogy fails. PUAs don't fund entertainment for people who aren't interested in them. Another failure of my analogy is that there's no technology for skipping over them. I concede that my analogy stinks like a fetid corpse. It still smells better than your beer analogy, though.

Yes. That's one of the points where my analogy fails. PUAs don't fund entertainment for people who aren't interested in them. Another failure of my analogy is that there's no technology for skipping over them. I concede that my analogy stinks like a fetid corpse. It still smells better than your beer analogy, though.
Another analogy would be those dreaded touts in Kabukicho or Roppongi. Sometimes you find one of them mildly amusing. Most of the time, enormously annoying. Especially when they make you feel it’s their god-given right to annoy you.

PUAs don't fund entertainment for people who aren't interested in them.
Unless its guys who offer you money on the street ;)
Happened all the time when i first came to Japan but i guess they are too used to actual boring tourists now.

Reactions: MikeH

My analogy was not meant to compare adverts to PUAs. I wouldn't call myself an artist of anything particularly, just someone who sees beauty and pursues it.

Rather, the analogy was meant to stand for the real issue: the (unsolicited) male approach. Men are not psychic. We cannot possibly know (without talking to women) if they are single, taken, interested, uninterested, or any of the vast gray area that exists within (everybody knows that sometimes "yes" signals are nos and. Yes, you have to make the approach and not be sure if it will be requited or not and thats not wrong, whether it occurs at a club, at the company water cooler, or on the street. You need no context, no prior indication, looks, glances, or invitation to speak to a women provided you:

-don't violate her personal space
-are respectful, hygenic, and calm
-Allow her to leave at any point should she wish

If you are not allowed to speak to who you want, we would be living in a totalitarian society. The dictatorship of romance.

All too often these days people think "If I dont like something it shouldn't exist." You see this all the time in the US where people (usually liberals/the left) try to silence opinions which they do not agree with. They say "You have ____ identity, therefore you cannot speak about this" or any of the millions of other iterations of this same idea, banning of speakers at universities, public shaming and removal of people from their jobs, and the like.

This is a very dangerous slope of telling people they cannot behave freely and speak freely simply because their views *may* offend or cause discomfort to some other segment of society.

What about if you need directions, so you stop to ask someone? That other person has zero vested interest in your goals and you most certainly are taking time from them without ANY chance of benefit to them (at least with nampa there's a chance they will be grateful and meet the love of their life, or even just a cool fling). Yet I think very few people would object to stopping someone on the street to ask where Starbucks or the local train station is.

That's because society has told men that their desires are SHAMEFUL and should be locked up inside them. Your genuine curiosity in the woman is not considered a legitimate reason to talk to her (respectfully), whereas if you are lost that is "legitimate."

Which is, of course, total bullshit.

So my point is that the (sometimes unsolicited) male approach is in many ways the foundation of romance which has and will always pave the way for countless happy relationships and marriages, even as it often leads to dismissals or rejections. They are part and parcel, inseperable, and the approach is necessary in order to find out where things stand. The freedom for a man to go up to a woman, or ask her out to a date, or (later) try to kiss her is ultimately a right. The flip side of course, is that the woman always posseses the "no," the ability to vocalize her lack of interest. After which both parties are clear.

Have you seriously only asked a girl on a date whom you knew would say yes? If so, my friend, you are selling yourself short

My analogy was not meant to compare adverts to PUAs. I wouldn't call myself an artist of anything particularly, just someone who sees beauty and pursues it.

Rather, the analogy was meant to stand for the real issue: the (unsolicited) male approach. Men are not psychic. We cannot possibly know (without talking to women) if they are single, taken, interested, uninterested, or any of the vast gray area that exists within (everybody knows that sometimes "yes" signals are nos and. Yes, you have to make the approach and not be sure if it will be requited or not and thats not wrong, whether it occurs at a club, at the company water cooler, or on the street. You need no context, no prior indication, looks, glances, or invitation to speak to a women provided you:

-don't violate her personal space
-are respectful, hygenic, and calm
-Allow her to leave at any point should she wish

If you are not allowed to speak to who you want, we would be living in a totalitarian society. The dictatorship of romance.

All too often these days people think "If I dont like something it shouldn't exist." You see this all the time in the US where people (usually liberals/the left) try to silence opinions which they do not agree with. They say "You have ____ identity, therefore you cannot speak about this" or any of the millions of other iterations of this same idea, banning of speakers at universities, public shaming and removal of people from their jobs, and the like.

This is a very dangerous slope of telling people they cannot behave freely and speak freely simply because their views *may* offend or cause discomfort to some other segment of society.

What about if you need directions, so you stop to ask someone? That other person has zero vested interest in your goals and you most certainly are taking time from them without ANY chance of benefit to them (at least with nampa there's a chance they will be grateful and meet the love of their life, or even just a cool fling). Yet I think very few people would object to stopping someone on the street to ask where Starbucks or the local train station is.

That's because society has told men that their desires are SHAMEFUL and should be locked up inside them. Your genuine curiosity in the woman is not considered a legitimate reason to talk to her (respectfully), whereas if you are lost that is "legitimate."

Which is, of course, total bullshit.

So my point is that the (sometimes unsolicited) male approach is in many ways the foundation of romance which has and will always pave the way for countless happy relationships and marriages, even as it often leads to dismissals or rejections. They are part and parcel, inseperable, and the approach is necessary in order to find out where things stand. The freedom for a man to go up to a woman, or ask her out to a date, or (later) try to kiss her is ultimately a right. The flip side of course, is that the woman always posseses the "no," the ability to vocalize her lack of interest. After which both parties are clear.

Have you seriously only asked a girl on a date whom you knew would say yes? If so, my friend, you are selling yourself short

Once in a while , yes. But you talk only from the guy’s viewpoint here. If I were a hot girl (I wish...) being constantly stopped on the street by guys who think they have the right to approach me and I should listen to their chat (however respectful it may be... which very often it is not) , I would become seriously berzerk. Just my 2cts, I’m not a hot gal. Not even a hot dude , for that matter .

Reactions: warubuta
Once in a while , yes. But you talk only from the guy’s viewpoint here. If I were a hot girl (I wish...) being constantly stopped on the street by guys who think they have the right to approach me and I should listen to their chat (however respectful it may be... which very often it is not) , I would become seriously berzerk. Just my 2cts, I’m not a hot gal. Not even a hot dude , for that matter .

Yes, certainly. Being in demand can be taxing -- ask any famous person

Another analogy would be those dreaded touts in Kabukicho or Roppongi. Sometimes you find one of them mildly amusing. Most of the time, enormously annoying. Especially when they make you feel it’s their god-given right to annoy you.
PUA == Nigerian tout is a very apt comparison. Both are a huge nuisance, both promise what they can't deliver. Except that the touts only give black men a bad reputation.

Street nampa is pushing the limits of what should be allowed in a free society. Pushing the limits, yes it is. Over the limit? It depends on how it’s practiced. In a classical liberal society as described by Locke and the other brainy Brits and Frenchies who thought this shit up, Mr. Nampa’s right to Nampa extends only to the point where he is not encroaching on Ms. Target’s right to not be bothered. So if Mr. Nampa, as part of his lifestyle wants to every now and then politely chat up a lady in the street, as long as he doesn’t cause a problem, it should generally be allowed. It’s human nature. But if Mr. Nampa goes out every fucking night and politely chats up every girl he sees, it follows that at least some of these girls are going to feel bothered. He is, because of the sheer number of ladies he targets, causing a problem for enough of them that he should be stopped. He is repeatedly encroaching on the rights of a material number of people. He is a big fucking meiwaku! Just like the touts and the right wing sound trucks and the politician’s sound trucks and the Jehova Jesus Born Again Seventh Day Mormons and the NHK fucks, and all of the other idiots who disrupt our tranquility and infringe on our right to be left alone, Mr. Nampa should be STOPPED. John Locke would likely have seen it this way. Anyway, that how the Buta sees it.