Guest viewing is limited

GF (Japanese) wants to go to a strip club in Tokyo. Where's good for couples?

porridgeflake

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm not Japanese and don't speak the language that well. My girlfriend is Japanese and wants to go to a strip club together in Tokyo. Neither of us have ever been to a strip club ever before, in any country. I've never considered going to one before, but doing it as a couple sounds like fun, maybe.

Any suggestions for somewhere that might be good for couples? Since this is all new for us we want something low-risk and not super seedy, but also ideally something that isn't ridiculously tame, we're not total prudes. We are going to a strip club, after all.

Someone suggested Rockza but that sounds potentially a bit more arty and a bit less sexy. Open to persuasion though.

@User#8628 - Do you recall the name and/or location of the one we once checked out in Kabukicho? If nothing else it was a lot cheaper than 7th and Tantra...if I recall correctly. I think it was all Japanese dancersas well...maybe.

-Ww

Last edited:
I'd concur with 7th heaven - it's expensive but definitely caters to couples

@User#8628 - Do you recall the name and/or location of the one we once checked out in Kabukicho? If nothing else it was a lot cheaper than 7th and Tantra...if I recall correctly. I think it was all Japanese dancersas well...maybe.

-Ww
Arena. I liked it. Dancers are skilled Japanese women and it's cheap compared to the Roppongi ones.

Arena. I liked it. Dancers are skilled Japanese women and it's cheap compared to the Roppongi ones.

Yeah, I liked Arena too...in addition to other pluses it had a more Japanese ambiance than 7th, Tantra and other such places in Roppongi. They are quite like a lot of clubs in the West but relatively little exposed skin on stage, more expensive and less roomy.

There was another strip club/theatre in the same building that had closed before we arrived as I recall...don't remember its name either but @Solong (where has he gone?) suggested it.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Yeah, I liked Arena too...in addition to other pluses it had a more Japanese ambiance than 7th, Tantra and other such places in Roppongi. They are quite like a lot of clubs in the West but relatively little exposed skin on stage, more expensive and less roomy.

There was another strip club/theatre in the same building that had closed before we arrived as I recall...don't remember its name either but @Solong (where has he gone?) suggested it.

-Ww
The other one was Nest. I am really interested in trying that one out sometime.

Both arena and nest close very early (probably soon after 24.00) unlike the Roppongi ones.

Both arena and nest close very early (probably soon after 24.00) unlike the Roppongi ones.
Never heard of any of those 2, Arena and Nest. Where can on get info on those? Are they strip theaters, like TS Music, or American style strip clubs? Are they pickig up places, ? Any audience participation etc? Sorry for the litany of questions, I googled them but did not fin anything...

Never heard of any of those 2, Arena and Nest. Where can on get info on those? Are they strip theaters, like TS Music, or American style strip clubs? Are they pickig up places, ? Any audience participation etc? Sorry for the litany of questions, I googled them but did not fin anything...
I'm not sure where to get information, but they are both located in Shinjuku in the building with "i love kabukicho" on it.
I'd say Nest is more like a strip theater with shows, as far as i know. Arena is more of a "western style" stip club (although all women are Japanese), the women perform on a pole, and if you pay a bit extra (maybe 1000 yen but i dont remember so well) you can lay on stage and they kind of grind over you with their bodies, and get some papers off your body that you got in exchange for the extra money. Its kind of tame compared to some stuff in the west but probably the best you can get being clean and not shady. Its always just one girl performing on stage and you can sit with the other girls if you want and buy them drinks, but that may cost a lot. As far as i know its not common to pick up the dancers for sex.

Both clubs are cheaper than the roppongi ones and they close early.

I spent an evening at Nest a few months ago and I really enjoyed it, you should definitely try!

It falls in the "ridiculously tame" category that OP wants to avoid, though. It's more on the show/burlesque side than strip, the girls wear sexy outfits but don't undress so don't expect to see boobs or to get a lapdance.
But they are VERY good dancers/performers, they're super beautiful and have amazing smiles.

I spent an evening at Nest a few months ago and I really enjoyed it, you should definitely try!

It falls in the "ridiculously tame" category that OP wants to avoid, though. It's more on the show/burlesque side than strip, the girls wear sexy outfits but don't undress so don't expect to see boobs or to get a lapdance.
But they are VERY good dancers/performers, they're super beautiful and have amazing smiles.
Sounds good, i personally like burlesque better than titties and lapdance. Although i'm sad that you can't see entertainment like sex on stage and shows with bananas and candles here in Tokyo.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Sounds good, i personally like burlesque better than titties and lapdance. Although i'm sad that you can't see entertainment like sex on stage and shows with bananas and candles here in Tokyo.
About 10-15 years ago you could see sexshows, at DX Kabuchiko. Basically a couple having sex in acrobatic positions, with a slight BDSM touch... All this is gone,sadly...
On the other end, I have seen (in Bangkok) many bananas cum candles shows, darts shows, cigarette shows etc... and, frankly, once you have seen it once, it's not very exciting. One of those boxes any sex traveller needs to tick, but no more IMHO...

Rockza dude! It's cheaper if you go in as a couple as well.
It may be artsy fartsy but you still get to see the girls strip with everything showing.
I found the applause the most amusing part of the experience.

The shows are sometimes a bit hit or miss but for a first try, I think it's a great experience to show the vast difference between Japanese strip theater vs the strip clubs you see on TV.

I've been to Tantra when i was a teen with my dad a looooong time ago. It was expensive and was more of a western strip club. The only thing I recall now about that place was this somewhat tan big tittied asian woman pole dancing.
I'm not sure whether it's the same

Tantra has "evolved" a lot over the years and is much more tame than it once was, but the private dances are not so different (the last time I was there a couple of years ago).

-Ww

It is of course entirely possible you saw better shows than I did.
Yes, possible. Or just different taste.
I'm a bit tired of vanilla anyway, but i also don't like sweet and slow stuff like trantra. I like stuff a bit different (but not gross or something).
I saw a show with a cute woman dancing around rolling a long thread out of her pussy and doing some tricks with it, a pretty basic but well performed candle show, a fun banana show where the audience could participate and a sex on stage show which was probably the most boring but still a good performance; guy had a lot of stamina and they made sure the audience could see it well. I like this kind of stuff once in a while (would definitely get boring every weekend) and if the cast is good at it and performs entausiastically.

Yes, it's a good summary and I agree with most of it. I also wish to see "new" and/or more "original" shows rather than basic fucking... In BKK, most of the shows are stereotyped, and performed by girls who cannot hide how bored they are. Of course, there are some exceptions, and, yes, audience participation is often possible if not "required". But again, when such things are available every day in 100 joints, it becomes less exciting. I guess I would go to one such show if it was available here in London, because it would be exceptional... Going back 20 years, there were tens of live sex shows in Paris, and people went ballistic about it for a short while. . It died down quickly when the excitement due to transgression disappeared...