Guest viewing is limited

Going to club/bar alone

To be fair, I've seen some absolutely horrible acts there. And some absolutely brilliant ones. It's a mixed bag, and that's what a live music bar should be. If it wasn't for the shitty bands, you'd never truly appreciate the really good ones.

Worst act I ever saw there had to be Jimmy Angel, a washed up late 50's teen idol that supposedly got in trouble with the mob in Vegas and moved out to Asia to avoid a shallow grave or an FBI investigation, depending on what night he was telling the story and how drunk he got. Played with his guitar unplugged (real guitarist in the shadows), the worst Elvis wig I've ever seen, and went off on tirades about respect when the 20something girls in the place chuckled at how ridiculous it all was.
He's still goin at it somewhere in Calif I'm pretty sure. I've got a few funny JA stories.

Reactions: Sudsy
He's still goin at it somewhere in Calif I'm pretty sure. I've got a few funny JA stories.

I googled something up that "voted" him and his trio the best lounge act in L.A. The L.A. scene must be hoppin' and boppin'.
.....Japanese girls are ichiban

Reactions: Sudsy and just4fun
I googled something up that "voted" him and his trio the best lounge act in L.A. The L.A. scene must be hoppin' and boppin'.
.....Japanese girls are ichiban
Talking up that M Scorsese film still I wonder. hahahaha He's livin his dream.

Reactions: Sudsy
What about 28 year old, caucasian who doesn't own chino pants, living in Ebisu?.
Maybe I have an edge up because of this...lol

Hit up Yokocho in Ebisu, a bit earlier, with a wingman if you can. There is a nampa bar inside that says "No Nampa." If you can speak Japanese...you're in like Flynn. If not, prior recommendations such as Martha (good cocktails), Trench (much much better) and I have actually picked up a 21 y.o. single rich Chinese girl there that I ended up taking to a LH in Shibuya after going to some bars over there. 28 y.o., single, Ebisu? Damn.

Reactions: TheWumpus