Guest viewing is limited

Gold and bras

Lars Lust

TAG Member
Reaction score
I just read about the three Taiwanese women who have been sentenced to prison (suspended) in Hokkaido for attempting to smuggle gold hidden in their bras into Japan.

What is the business model? How do you make money from bringing modest amounts of gold to Japan?

And why is it illegal to bring gold with you in the first place?

Anybody knows?

They are avoiding paying consumption taxes on imported goods and breaking the rule against smuggling items. The consumption tax had been increased from 5 to 8 percent recently.

What is the business model? How do you make money from bringing modest amounts of gold to Japan?

And why is it illegal to bring gold with you in the first place?

I think gold is more expensive (because of the processing and taxes---like the Mitsubishi Gold 10g Wafers ) here than in other countries (such as in dubai). But i'm not sure why they smuggled it from taiwan.

They checked me last year at Narita not for drugs or fakes but gold. I was like WTF??

Reactions: SugoiBoy
They checked me last year at Narita not for drugs or fakes but gold. I was like WTF??
May be you look like a forest elf?

But i'm not sure why they smuggled it from taiwan.
Smuggling for the purposes of arbitrage or money laundering often involves multiple borders and couriers.

Could be like this:

1. Dirty money is made in Azerbaijan
  2. Money is wired through to Dubai as payment for false invoice
  3. Gold is purchased in Dubai
  4. Courier takes gold (and probably other things) to Taiwan
  5. Different courier takes gold to Japan
  6. Sell gold
  7. money wired back various ways to Azerbaijan
Sounds complicated but it works and in the end since there are multiple groups involved somehow everyone actually profits off this kind of thing.

Weren’t there a group of 7 Korean housewives tries to hide a gold bar into their butt and imported them secretly but got caught by metal detector at the Centrair airport in Nagoya?

As I have always said; anal play is golden!

They look very heavy. I wonder how they passed through the security check at the departing airport.

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/photos/20180320/tro18032005010003-p1.html

They tried to evade the payment of taxes that could amount to Yen 4 mil.
In that link... they look like nipple covers not gold coins.. But Officer... my nipples so big and strong, I needed "Bronze Age" technology to keep them from poking thru my bra... We all know how visible nipples draw unwanted attention :rolleyes: