Guest viewing is limited

Golden Week 2017

iamyuu

TAG Member
Reaction score
Mind sharing your Golden Week plans, or any cool suggestions for things to do in the Kanto area that period?
Another overseas trip for me this year, as I have been doing the last 5 years. Southeast Asia this time. Can't remember what I did in Tokyo during Golden Week 6 years back. Must have been bored out of my mind :borg:

Oh, and safe travels, wherever you're spending your break :cool:

Reactions: lonegaijin
I work remotely for a US company and therefore have no vacation on Golden Week. My plans. Saturday, hang around Akiba/Tokyo maybe a trip to Kirari in Ueno. Sunday sort the bedroom closet so we can ditch the junk that's in there, and then work out the designs for the shelves that will go in there to better utilize the space.

I am not going anywhere but I will spend the first half of GW on shopping; I have been thinking about the shoes for a month now... it is time to make a final decision before going them sold out / discontinued, beauty stuff like nail salon and hair salon and lots of reading as usual.
Last half will be regular work day. I don't feel like to go somewhere far while everybody else can travel, too.
I love my job. It gives me a chance to travel freely when other majority people are busy with their office job.

Ski! Still possible in early May and only very few people do it

Reactions: impish
How did I end up spending 4 hours inside?

I think it was punishment for calling it Eye-Key-Yah. :facepalm:

I love IKEA haha. The restaurant in there is great. I remember the first time I walked in a couple months ago I felt SO nostalgic. The smell reminded me of Canada because I always went to IKEA when I lived there haha.

Ended up in one of the towns just outside of Fujisan for Thursday and Friday. Had an impromptu request for time off, which was nice it was granted on such short notice. Took an awesome photo of Fujisan just after Midnight. Then Saturday and Sunday were DIY days. Working on the shelving unit in the closet. I now have a place to store all my stuff that was littered through out the sides of the bedroom.

Attachments

• Fuji-sm.jpg
    Fuji-sm.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 121
Took some time on one of the islands off the coast, and left my phone and tablet locked in the trunk of my car at the airport. A solid eight days with no Internet connectivity whatsoever, nothing but reading, diving, and sleeping and generally enjoying being cut off from work and social media.

Ended up in one of the towns just outside of Fujisan for Thursday and Friday. Had an impromptu request for time off, which was nice it was granted on such short notice. Took an awesome photo of Fujisan just after Midnight. Then Saturday and Sunday were DIY days. Working on the shelving unit in the closet. I now have a place to store all my stuff that was littered through out the sides of the bedroom.

Wow, that looks amazing!!! Lucky you! Fantastic, after riding on such a caos overy packed commuter train! Thanks for posting!!!

Wow, that looks amazing!!!

I really lucked out. My intention was to camp at the location until Sunrise, but when I arrived and I could see that Fujisan was visible I knew that my sunrise photoshoot had turned into a late night photoshoot. I've not done any photography with stars in the sky before, so I was a bit unprepared for it. I spent most of last evening reading on the best way to photograph stars. Now I need to buy a new lens with faster glass.

I really lucked out. My intention was to camp at the location until Sunrise, but when I arrived and I could see that Fujisan was visible I knew that my sunrise photoshoot had turned into a late night photoshoot. I've not done any photography with stars in the sky before, so I was a bit unprepared for it. I spent most of last evening reading on the best way to photograph stars. Now I need to buy a new lens with faster glass.

I can see the stars clearly like diamonds! What a great GW project, slightly unexpected way! Geat hobby that last long! Fabulous!!

Thats a really great photo. Nice work. :)