GoT - Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread [Spoiler Warning]

AMcguyver

Here for the entertainment value...
Reaction score
Two episodes in, four to go. Really going to miss this series when it's finished.

Even though the sex and violence was toned down in this past episode, it was one of my favorites of the series. Brienne's scene in particular was a really big payoff. :)

Next week

I agree, sir. I shall miss this series a lot, much like how I did THE WIRE and THE SOPRANOS.

The first two episodes of Season 8 allowed GoT’s audience to enjoy their favourite characters one last time before all hell breaks loose in the Battle of Winterfell next week.

I shall definitely miss Tormund Giantsbane, who had some of the best lines in episode 2 this season.

I shall definitely miss Tormund Giantsbane, who had some of the best lines in episode 2 this season.

Agreed - I rewatched his account of how he got the name Giantsbane three times in a row before even continuing watching the episode. That guy cracks me up so much.

I can recommend the movie Force Majeure in which he (Kristofer Hivju) is also very, subliminally funny.

Kinda have an idea of who will be among those that bite the big one. When you have two characters in love promising to "go away together somewhere after this is all over", you know that ain't gonna end well. :LOL:

Kinda have an idea of who will be among those that bite the big one. When you have two characters in love promising to "go away together somewhere after this is all over", you know that ain't gonna end well. :LOL:
Kind of worried that Brienne is facing doom too, after her big moment in the latest episode, and where she and Jaime *almost* cleared the air, but ultimately failed to do so.

Reactions: AMcguyver
Kind of worried that Brienne is facing doom too, after her big moment in the latest episode, and where she and Jaime *almost* cleared the air, but ultimately failed to do so.

I hope not. She and Arya are two of my favorite characters. But if she does go down next episode, she'll kick a whole lot of WhiteWalker ass before she does. ;)

Also wishing that Podric makes it through - he's responsible of one of my favorite scenes in the series:

They should do an uncensored side story where they show exactly what he did to those ladies. ;):LOL:

I hope not. She and Arya are two of my favorite characters. But if she does go down next episode, she'll kick a whole lot of WhiteWalker ass before she does. ;)

Also wishing that Podric makes it through - he's responsible of one of my favorite scenes in the series:

They should do an uncensored side story where they show exactly what he did to those ladies. ;):LOL:

Yeah I wouldn't mind if Brienne ends up the last one standing!

And yeah, I've thought about Pod's womanizing wizardry many times myself. Now it turns out he can sing like a lark too?? Guy's got it all.

One other character GoT fans will surely keep a close eye on in the next few episodes is Ser Bronn of the Blackwater.

The actor who plays Bronn, Jerome Flynn, may have hinted about an inevitable heel turn for the skilled sellsword-turned-Westerosi-knight in Season 8.
https://www.thisisinsider.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-bronn-jerome-flynn-interview-2019-4

968FD05B-0F7E-47EB-A5F0-1F33FB17B3A5.jpeg

Yeah I wouldn't mind if Brienne ends up the last one standing!

And yeah, I've thought about Pod's womanizing wizardry many times myself. Now it turns out he can sing like a lark too?? Guy's got it all.

I may have been misinterpreting, but I think the thing he did to them was sing.

OK, so a few things. 1) I saw the whole dead rising in the crypt 1000 miles away. 2) I really thought the Night King would last another week. I thought his death was rushed. The rest of the episode was very "Meh" to me.

Reactions: AMcguyver
Well I for one could not sit still watching it. Thought it was excellent; claustrophobic, hopeless, scary, sad, unexpected and anything but rushed...

Als think the Night King has played his part now. I'm more interested in the final resolution with Cersei, so happy that will be given time during the remaining three episodes.

Last edited:
I was expecting the night king to go to king's landing leaving his army fight while he create another army in the south
didn't like how they sacrificed dothrakies in the beginning of the fight, it's kind of a silly strategy to run into the dark against undead with a big legion instead of waiting for them to come and start with the catapults and have also some archers shoot dragonglass arrows before the melee. there shouldn't be any rush from the defending side, especially in the dark. I'd have expected them to start by slowing them as much as possible waiting for some sunlight.

Reactions: impish and just4fun
I was expecting the night king to go to king's landing leaving his army fight while he create another army in the south
didn't like how they sacrificed dothrakies in the beginning of the fight, it's kind of a silly strategy to run into the dark against undead with a big legion instead of waiting for them to come and start with the catapults and have also some archers shoot dragonglass arrows before the melee. there shouldn't be any rush from the defending side, especially in the dark. I'd have expected them to start by slowing them as much as possible waiting for some sunlight.
Yeah sure, a lot of pretty dumb stuff happens. But that scene with the dothraki, with the lights going out one at a time far off in the distance, was really effective and terrifying, and probably the one that will stick out most to me looking back on this episode.

Yeah sure, a lot of pretty dumb stuff happens. But that scene with the dothraki, with the lights going out one at a time far off in the distance, was really effective and terrifying, and probably the one that will stick out most to me looking back on this episode.
from a directing point of view it was a big scene but I'd rather have had something that made more sense

There were really no surprises. My only question is..........how many dragons left? One or two?

Yeah sure, a lot of pretty dumb stuff happens. But that scene with the Dothraki, with the lights going out one at a time far off in the distance, was really effective and terrifying, and probably the one that will stick out most to me looking back on this episode.

Terrifying? I guess I must have watched too many horror movies as a kid, cause that was a total snoozefest. I didn't find any of it terrifying. The only part I got into was the library scene where Arya was trying to keep from being discovered. It was intense and well choreographed. If they had done more of that the episode would have been 1000x better.

I guess for me I am totally over the whole "zombie" phenomena, and the dead army is pretty much just that an army of zombies. I didn't find the "extra dark" filming to be any more "suspenseful" than any other horror movie I had seen. The battles between the living and the dead just didn't seem very well orchestrated. They should have done a lot more with it.

Reactions: Godric
If I remember correctly, didn't we see 2 dragons in the ep4 teaser? I might be wrong.