GoT - Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread [Spoiler Warning]

Watched the episode again to get ready for tomorrow. Wondering what did Tyrion have Davos smuggle? Was it the boat for Jaime or was possibly it something else that we don't know about yet?

It was the boat for Jaime and possibly safe passage for him and his sister.

Reactions: MikeH and AMcguyver
Darn.:( Was hoping for more of a twist going into the finale.

Season 8 just feels like it's a little too rushed - focused on dumb ass military tactics with lots of carnage, and less behind the scenes political shenanigans. (and hardly any sex ;) )

Reactions: SatoKM and MikeH
It was the boat for Jaime and possibly safe passage for him and his sister.

That was also my understanding; smuggling Jaime out was what he asked. Though now there is speculation Jaime didn't even die; that would be a way too far fetched situation IMO but then again it's not like the logic has been the main thing they have had in their minds during these latest episodes anyway.

It’s Tyrion. Obviously he was having Davos smuggle liquor and whores.

If everything goes south, he needs to make sure that he’s got his final moments worked out, remember he wanted to die drunk with somebody’s lips around his cock.

Season 8 just feels like it's a little too rushed - focused on dumb ass military tactics with lots of carnage, and less behind the scenes political shenanigans. (and hardly any sex ;) )

Way too little sex for me too. Though I have given up getting a boner watching the show after they killed Tyene Sand. That prison scene was hot.

Reactions: Majestyk
Whoa! Bronn got paid!

E09C7659-9464-418E-B364-8A5A0E012469.jpeg

Last edited:
I had been reading on Reddit all of the possibilities that different folks posted and someone had it spot on. Person warned that they got their hands on a script. Interesting ending. Some things "had" to end that way.

I really wished they spend a bit more episodes on some key moments. For years, I was getting hyped for "winter is coming" and then for it to end in one episode was terrible.
The dragon queen to flip and turn into a crazy insecure person where she burned innocent people to death was also depressing. I feel like maybe if season 8 was allowed 13 episodes it could have been better, but who knows.

Reactions: Majestyk and impish
. I feel like maybe if season 8 was allowed 13 episodes it could have been better, but who knows.

This is about it - they glossed over a lot of important detail trying to wrap it all up. The ending isn’t so much bad as it is unfleshed.

Reactions: Majestyk
I think the ending was around 70% what it could have been. Good reminder from @impish to cancel the subscription.

I was expecting the dragon to burn Jon, would have been better. Maybe they were saving him for some of the spin offs?

Reactions: impish
I have the impression that writers and producers from GOT, were in such a hurry to finish up the series that decided to make such a "controversial" ending with kind of "tasteless" last episode.

Definitely felt rushed. :( A full season of episodes would have been better to let us spend more time saying goodbye to these characters.

Favorite scene was Tyrion's first King's Hand council meeting . They really need to get their priorities straightened out - brothel restoration should be given TOP priority. :LOL:

it was so boring i fast forwarded through a lot of the "finale". worst season. this show just got bad...like the walking dead...

So now that it's done, except for the "bonus episode" (documentary) next week, what would you want to see most in a spinoff? The upcoming prequel series?
What ideas would you want to see for the other 3 unannounced spinoffs?

So now that it's done, except for the "bonus episode" (documentary) next week, what would you want to see most in a spinoff? The upcoming prequel series?
What ideas would you want to see for the other 3 unannounced spinoffs?

This was posted on Twitter and I’m so up for it, if only — ARYA: WEST OF WESTEROS.
FCC0E3FD-0BE2-4982-B530-153236EE9950.jpeg

I was expecting the dragon to burn Jon, would have been better. Maybe they were saving him for some of the spin offs?

Jon's a Targarian right? He can't burn is my guess why that didn't happen

Reactions: Durg50 and Sudsy
Jon's a Targarian right? He can't burn is my guess why that didn't happen

Yeah, we speculated about that during the show. You don't know before you try though, and the dragon could have just eaten him instead if that was the case.

But I guess the dragon didn't kill him because he was a Targarian. Still he probably suffers more being alive anyway.

So basically Sansa won, she got everything she ever wanted. Tyrion didn't do too bad either. And Jon lost the most. Just goes to show it doesn't pay to be the nice guy.

Reactions: DireWolf98
I still don't understand why J. Snow was imprisoned. No witness, no body.........wtf???

But I guess the dragon didn't kill him because he was a Targarian. Still he probably suffers more being alive anyway.

Dragons are allegedly just as smart as humans if not more so in the GoT universe. Drogon very likely knew why Jon was there in the first place and let him in. He likely didn't kill him because he realized that Dany died due to her lust for the throne and not because Jon killed her.

I still don't understand why J. Snow was imprisoned. No witness, no body.........wtf???

Jon almost certainly admitted it, because that's the kind of guy he is. Plus there was the unsightly pool of blood in the throne room and the lack of a body or a dragon.

Jon almost certainly admitted it, because that's the kind of guy he is. Plus there was the unsightly pool of blood in the throne room and the lack of a body or a dragon.
She could've uhhh....just started her period or sumthin......ya know what I mean :p

Reactions: MikeH
Jon almost certainly admitted it, because that's the kind of guy he is.

Grey Worm knew exactly how she died "stabbed in the heart" so yep, Jon told them.