Got scam at Shinjuku

Ravenlaw

TAG Member
Reaction score
Just a rant.

Got scam by a pimp at Shinjuku.
Was promised a 70mins of fuzoku for 50k
Ended up with a 20mins handjob.

Learnt my lesson - only go to places which was reviewed here.
That will be my one and only time trying out new places.

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
I don't know why people don't take us seriously when we say not to follow the touts on the street.

Sorry for your loss, but another one to document why you don't follow these guys....

Suppose to be 20k to 30k. Just that I got sweet talked by him with the add on options became 50k.

Painful lesson.

The service lady told me to never trust the touts. They over promise and under deliver which is why there are announcements all over Shinjuku not to follow and hand over your money to them.

there are announcements all over Shinjuku not to follow and hand over your money to them.
And yet you did anyhow.

Be glad it was just 50k. Some of these scammers will dose you with scopalomine and drain your bank account.

Just a rant.

Got scam by a pimp at Shinjuku.
Was promised a 70mins of fuzoku for 50k
Ended up with a 20mins handjob.

Learnt my lesson - only go to places which was reviewed here.

Fortunately the "damage" was minimal and surely you learnt the lesson.

The main reason I write reviews or make comments here on TAG is to inform you guys of trustable, serious and professional fuzoku stores.

my lesson - only go to places which was reviewed here.
Is there a consensus to say the lesson is really to not follow touts, but nothing really wrong with trying new places (i.e. not reviewed on TAG) especially if you can check the price on their website before for example.

but nothing really wrong with trying new places (i.e. not reviewed on TAG) especially if you can check the price on their website before for example.
Yeah, we've never said this is a problem and a fair number of readers will go out and take the first hit on places that haven't been reviewed.

Following touts on the street, we will always recommend against. Statistics are not stacked in your favor of having a good time when following some random dude on the street (not standing in front of their shop).

If he approaches you speaking English its a bad sign. The guys standing outside of their shops will usually stick to conversing in Japanese; unless they are saying "sex" with a Japanese accent.
But this isn't P4P specific, some touts will try to get you into a hookah bar, hostess bar, ect. It's usually a scam.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - if a shop needs to send people out to drag in customers, at worst it’s a scam, at best it’s a shitty shop. Never follow a street tout.

Even as a fluent Japanese speaker, I’ve almost fallen once for the promise of a tout in Shinjuku. Thankfully my instincts kicked in when I realized I had to follow them through the Kabukicho maze instead of directly into a shop nearby with boards, prices, and Japanese customers. I said I changed my mind, bowed, and swiftly walked into Strawberry Jam. :D

TAG is always my first source to hear from the foreign daimyos. I also always check DTO, CityHeaven, and Fuzoku Jouhou for reviews, call the shop, and maybe do a walk by if a new place seems too good to be true.