Guest viewing is limited

Got stopped by a police

Ken4fb

MMF / MMFF members wanted. Ping me if you are keen
Reaction score
Have you been stopped by a police recently?

I just got stopped by a police inside Ueno station. I wasn't in a rush, it was a nice weather, and I was in a good mood so I made it a friendly encounter. This was about 1 PM.

He asked for my ID so I showed my Japanese driving license. He also asked for my Gaijin card.

He asked me what I am doing in Ueno, so I told him I am going to work in the park with my laptop, since the weather is so nice today (which was only half true, I was planning to have lunch and a bit of wine in the park while pretending to work)

This is the second times I got stopped by a police in Ueno within the last two months so I asked him for the reason why, was it my clothes, my backpack or just my face?

He said he noticed me checking the menu at the Ramen place and walked away so he was wondering what I was doing. I didn't buy into that argument but I didn't make any fuzz about it.

Just wondering if it happens more often with me or others are having a similar experience recently.

He said he noticed me checking the menu at the Ramen place and walked away so he was wondering what I was doing. I didn't buy into that argument but I didn't make any fuzz about it.
He wanted to ask you on a date and have ramen.

I have been stopped, but I can't remember where or when - it's been quite awhile since it happened. (Haven't been spoken to in my home area, but I think most of those guys know I live here and where I live since they pass by my place routinely going to the local station) Quite frankly, I see more Japanese or Asian foreigners getting stopped when I'm out and about.

I'm sure they're going by appearance, most of the people I see stopped are kinda sketchy looking to begin with. (not saying you are, but it's certain a common thing I notice with people that are stopped..)

(Appearance or reaction when police are around... I watch a lot of 警察24 when it's on TV:D)

I just got stopped by a police inside Ueno station. I wasn't in a rush, it was a nice weather, and I was in a good mood so I made it a friendly encounter. This was about 1 PM.

He asked for my ID so I showed my Japanese driving license. He also asked for my Gaijin card.

He asked me what I am doing in Ueno, so I told him I am going to work in the park with my laptop, since the weather is so nice today (which was only half true, I was planning to have lunch and a bit of wine in the park while pretending to work)

This is the second times I got stopped by a police in Ueno within the last two months so I asked him for the reason why, was it my clothes, my backpack or just my face?

Just wondering if it happens more often with me or others are having a similar experience recently.

Going to guess it was a young cop.

The new hires started last week, and they'll be out on training patrols. The senior officers will often send the rookies to check IDs of various foreign looking people as part of this - there's an uptick in it every April.

FWIW, they tend to send them to check non-threatening individuals who seem like they'll be compliant - they don't want the rookies meeting a Debito on their first weeks out.

Fuck the police and Ken said it with authority
Because drinking in the park is his priority
He likes a good MMF whenever he steps in
and the motherfucking condoms are kept in
His laptop case, found by the so-called law
Wishing Ken was a gaijin that they never saw!

He wanted to ask you on a date and have ramen.
That's what I was wondering. He could have asked me nicely , although he isn't really my type.

The new hires started last week, and they'll be out on training patrols. The senior officers will often send the rookies to check IDs of various foreign looking people as part of this - there's an uptick in it every April.

FWIW, they tend to send them to check non-threatening individuals who seem like they'll be compliant - they don't want the rookies meeting a Debito on their first weeks out.
That sounds like it. I am probably less than half of his weight. He would have no problem beating me up. I was wearing leather shoes so I can't easily run away either.

He likes a good MMF whenever he steps in
and the motherfucking condoms are kept in
Nice rhyme! Funny you mentioned that because I was supposed to have a MMF this morning but another guy had to drop out at the last minute. The lady is old enough to have a child or two but she doesn't have any as far as I know, so the motherfucking part is close enough.

Also reminded me of Rose's reply. I miss that girl.

Reactions: CharlieSimms

This may or may not be relevant as it happened over three years ago (thanks, pandemic) but during a week-long stay in Tokyo, I was stopped randomly by police three (IIRC) times right outside my hotel in Akihabara. The first time I was even pulled into an unmarked car and interrogated by a detective and young rookie. My Japanese face notwithstanding, I do tend to dress in a very American style while on vacation (tactical cargo pants, UA jackets, sunglasses, etc.), and even though the cops basically just searched my bag, checked my passport and let me go, I was a bit offended and assumed they had outed me as a gaijin and therefore decided to frisk me for the hell of it.

Later that week I was chatting with a female expat and she explained that the cops in Tokyo, particularly in the Akiba/Ueno area, were randomly searching any Japanese male with a bag as part of a drug sting operation. And surely enough, I started paying attention to the guys being frisked by cops around my hotel and it was all Japanese men with packs/bags. Go figure.

So if you've got an Asian face, you may have just been part of new protocol.

And if you've got a Caucasian face, the cop might've just been a closet pillow-biter and was hoping you might invite him back to your hotel room after work so he could yank down your trousers and see if the legends are, indeed, true.

That happened to me at the koban outside my apartment building, the guy looked like he should have been at school. I was polite and compliant but stared into his eyes like a laser. The cop's hand were shaking with nerves.

Reactions: just4fun and Sudsy
Fuck the police
female-police-officers-from-around-the-world-wed-love-to-get-arrested-by-740x500-28-1535717988.jpg

OK.

I’ve been asked for my ID a few times. It has never bothered me. Once a young female police officer asked me for my residence card at Chiba Station, she stopped my whole family just to check my card. She was totally polite and apologetic for interrupting us. She literally said “I’m checking foreigners residence cards as they come through the station”. My wife was more annoyed about it than me.

My wife was more annoyed about it than me.

i can relate. Once I was driving and stopped by a cop in Tokyo at a stop sign because I didn’t stop soon enough or whatever … too many stops in this story already.
Wife was furious, stormed out of the car, started to yell at him Kansai-style , added she knew the local mayor, MP or whatever , and asked for HIS name and HIS ID so that she could report HIM to the authorities
Yep… sometimes it helps to marry this type of lady :D

I have never been stopped by the police in Japan.

Many of my foreign friends, they have similar experiences as yours.

So funny that once I was hanging out with some of my friends and when I realized I ended up talking alone. When I turned my head, my friends were stopped by 2 police officers. I then walked to see what was going on and one of the police officer asked me if I knew my friends and I said yes. I kindly asked what's wrong and they said is a random check routine that police have. I asked if they want to see my ID as well and they politely said: "no, it's not necessary"

So I guess, those checks are for foreigners.

I have had the obligatory bicycle check several times to make sure "it's not stolen".

Reactions: Cinnabums
I have had the obligatory bicycle check several times to make sure "it's not stolen".

Get an electric bicycle and paint it red so it looks like docomo bikeshare and you'll never get stopped anymore.

Reactions: hrbb
In case you're thinking the "bicycle check" is just because you're a gaijin, I was actually stopped once just outside my apartment in Osaka on my way home from work in the late evening. I was also wearing my most teacher-esque garb at the time (khakis, white collared shirt, blue v-neck merino sweater, glasses, briefcase, etc.) so I was absolutely indistinguishable from a genuine Cousin of Tojo. It was obviously just a routine bike check and the cop looked utterly bored until I told him I was an American. At first it seemed like he thought I was fucking with him, so I produced my gaijin card. He asked where I worked, I told him I was a high school teacher (and at one of the prefecture's most prestigious schools) and he finished calling in the license number, or whatever it is they do during these stops, got a satisfactory answer on his radio and bid me farewell.

Sometimes it's just another of Japan's mind-numbingly stupid routines.

Just was in Ueno/Ameyoko area. Couple of police in were stopping a bunch of people. Again, mostly Asian/Japanese whom were carrying some sort of bag. They walked by me a few times but didn’t barely glance at me. (Though I’m not carrying a bag, just my phone)

Okachimachi area a little to south had 2 guys checking bags and ID’s too.

Reactions: Ken4fb
Last week I was pulled over and ticketed (18,000 yens!) by the po-po for texting while I drive. While I was stopped at a red light I had just happened to look at my cell phone to see who had messaged me . I was not engaged in a chat with anyone. Going off of what has been mentioned previously in this thread I recall the officer as being on the younger side. Got to get him some OJT on confronting SOFA personnel.

Also reminded me of Rose's reply. I miss that girl.

I do too. I wonder what and how she is doing.

Going off of what has been mentioned previously in this thread I recall the officer as being on the younger side.

Was he alone? If then "I did not use my cell phone sir, it is illegal to do so".

Was he alone? If then "I did not use my cell phone sir, it is illegal to do so".

Alas he was not alone. His sempai was with him, mentoring his young charge on how best to get a gaijin. I tried the no habla japanesa, but they produced a cell phone connected to a lady at the main station that could speak English.

Alas he was not alone. His sempai was with him, mentoring his young charge on how best to get a gaijin. I tried the no habla japanesa, but they produced a cell phone connected to a lady at the main station that could speak English.

Bummer, at least they should have had that lady with them so you could have told everyone here you just spend 18k with a young spinner.

Bummer, at least they should have had that lady with them so you could have told everyone here you just spend 18k with a young spinner.

Her voice sounded like she was Christmas cake. Maybe at one time that lady was attractive, but for whatever reason she couldn't land her a gaijin husband to get her out of Yamaguchi. As such she is a bitter, almost middle-aged shrew.

Reactions: Keihan
Her voice sounded like she was Christmas cake. Maybe at one time that lady was attractive, but for whatever reason she couldn't land her a gaijin husband to get her out of Yamaguchi. As such she is a bitter, almost middle-aged shrew.

Watch it, asshole. That might be my second cousin.

Seriously, though...it could be. Haven't seen her in almost twenty years, and last we spoke, she was hoping for the "study abroad" (find white dick and ring in USA) angle. She'd be mid-30s now.

My relatives told me that every young girl in Yamaguchi dreams of getting the fuck out. The ones unable end up very, very angry at life.

Sounds like my ex-wife moved back to her home town.

You married a Yamaguchi girl??? Ah, so in your youth you had a thing for homely, dark-skinned, hairy farmhands with daikon legs and whose only hobbies are complaining, nagging and not having sex.