Greeting from Singapore in Kyoto

Naga

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Late twenties Naga from Singapore here.
I am studying Japanese language in Kyoto, and been here for 5 months.

I come across this forum due to a curiosity check in google on "some stuffs".

Not sure if this is ok since to introduce since this is "T"AG, but I am now in "K", but please to meet all.

Not sure if this is ok since to introduce since this is "T"AG...

Welcome!

Of course it is OK to introduce yourself - that's what the "introductions" section is for.

Any more questions or information?

Reactions: Naga
Welcome!

Of course it is OK to introduce yourself - that's what the "introductions" section is for.

Just taking a wild guess, here, since he separated the "T," which possibly stands for "Tokyo," and he is now in "K" Kyoto, he was being ultra polite, in asking to introduce himself from another part of the country.:D

Last edited:
Well, I am honored to be the first to welcome you. Alice beat me to your first like. (y)

We hope to hear more.:)

Thank you very much!
Pleased to meet you

Just taking a wild guess, here, since he separated the "T," which possibly stands for "Tokyo," and he is now in "K" Kyoto, he was being ultra polite, in asking to introduce himself from another part of the country.:D

Yes, from what I had heard, Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka all have different ways of speech, behavior etc. despite being all in Japan.

So I not sure if it was alright for me to even post

I don't wanna to sound rude cos in RL, there are times when I was seen as a rude person, even though I am a soft spoken person ‍

Welcome!

What kind of information am I limited to introduce myself?

As it a common knowledge in Singapore that we got different races, just to informed all; I am a Singaporean who can speak both Chinese and English, while learning Japanese right now.

You can say I am a Chinese Singaporean, but I am not from China nor is my parents, which somehow some country tend to confused on, thinking that Singapore is part of other country even though it is a small independent country.

Sadly in Japanese language , i got a hard times explaining to some Japanese, why I can speak Chinese and English (I passed my N4 just recently but I still consider myself not good)

In Japanese, Chinese speaking and they thought I'm from China, but I am a Singaporean who can speak Chinese.

There is either Chinese language (中国語) and China people (中国人) but no proper saying of Chinese person that I yet to learn off.

So I tend to explain that I am a Singaporean, who can speak both Chinese and English languages.

It not that I sound like rude towards Chinese cos I am one too, but in Singapore, mostly (uneducated) tend to give bad reputation of China, and from my experience, I do have bad experiences with one or two.

But I do have few nice China friends too. But as one may know, bad news spread faster than good one.

Hello everyone,

Late twenties Naga from Singapore here.
I am studying Japanese language in Kyoto, and been here for 5 months.

I come across this forum due to a curiosity check in google on "some stuffs".

Not sure if this is ok since to introduce since this is "T"AG, but I am now in "K", but please to meet all.
On line now?

There is either Chinese language (中国語) and China people (中国人) but no proper saying of Chinese person that I yet to learn off.

So I tend to explain that I am a Singaporean, who can speak both Chinese and English languages.

中国系シンガポール人

(Singaporean of Chinese extraction)

Reactions: Maxblack
中国系シンガポール人

(Singaporean of Chinese extraction)
Never thought of that. But is it just me or when I said I am from Singapore, the Japanese have a better conversation with me, and seem very glad.