Greetings from somewhere outside Tokyo

User#18046

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello, TAGgers, providers and fellow mongers, participants in the world's oldest and sometimes most dangerous hobby. I'm not even Dave (no, really, I'm not even Dave at all) and I'm a "long time lurker, first time poster" who just finally signed up for a membership so I can post some reviews and occasionally hang out wit' you folks. I am out of Japan about 5-6 months a year, but have been here off and on since 1994. I am a hobbyist musician and songwriter, a hopeless romantic with a soul-sucking addiction to women, almost all of whom I find beautiful in some way or another (I tend to like quirky and imperfect a lot better than mannequin gorgeous). I also work for an organization that makes it their business to know every aspect of my personal life, so I do keep a low profile... apologies if someone ever tries to communicate with me and I'm slow to respond. (But... I flatter myself, why would anyone try to communicate with me?)

Anyway, just posted a review and thought it would be good protocol to introduce myself.
Cheers the noo.
NED

Last edited:
@Not Even Dave - Welcome to TAG and thanks for coming out of the dark.

Look forward to hearing more from you, don't be a stranger! It's alright to lurk around and read, but we encourage people to participate.
With 20+ years of Japan experience, I'm sure it's all relevant to people just arriving in Japan or those making the move. We do have a good mix of residents as well as visitors who come to Japan on a regular basis. I think we've even got some people addicted and make more trips to Japan now than before. :)

Anyway, welcome!