Half black people in japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonto12

TAG Member
Reaction score
As a full fledged African American, I noticed that I get turned down at many of the local shops.

But I've been wondering what the situation is like for half Japanese half black dudes here. I've seen many here and upon first glance I can tell they are half, but at the same time I notice that the black gene dominates.

It seems like an awkward situation for a no gaijin provider. What do they do? They can't really say no? Am I right?

Last edited:
Reactions: DiscoveringAirCon
Hahaha... that's cute.

They totally say no whenever they feel like it.

Please consider the whole passage to absorb the content of the message, which will thus provide you with the proper context of the situation.

Of course they can say no to anyone. But the half black half Japanese person mayobscure things. The tencho will be told he is denying a Japanese person. A " Japanese only" Sign will apply to the said half black man. If the tencho says " Japanese only" then the half black man will have a proper rebuttal by replying he is technically Japanese.

This may confuse things. What will said tencho do in such situations? This may be a novel situation to many tenchos

Reactions: Thoriumwalker
Are you half black?

How is that related to the original question?

Any shop doorman, reception guy or a girl can and will turn down anyone they like. It can be based on your skin colour, your language abilities, your nationality, your attire or to the phase of the moon.

Especially all Japanese-only shops are known to be very picky to spot any irregularities and happy to refuse anyone that doesn't fit the standard your tonari-no-Suzuki-san mould.

Edit:
This may be a novel situation to many tenchos

Yeah, and what does a tencho do when he encounters a novel situation? Right, he will say no.

How is that related to the original question?

Any shop doorman, reception guy or a girl can and will turn down anyone they like. It can be based on your skin colour, your language abilities, your nationality, your attire or to the phase of the moon.

Especially all Japanese-only shops are known to be very picky to spot any irregularities and happy to refuse anyone that doesn't fit the standard your tonari-no-Suzuki-san mould.

Edit:

Yeah, and what does a tencho do when he encounters a novel situation? Right, he will say no.

My question to him was grounded on an inference I made based on his reply. I thought it was a possibility so would like to confirm.

That makes sense, he certainly would not fit the traditional suzuki San mould, but Im not sure im completely convinced.

Please consider the whole passage to absorb the content of the message, which will thus provide you with the proper context of the situation.

Of course they can say no to anyone. But the half black half Japanese person mayobscure things. The tencho will be told he is denying a Japanese person. A " Japanese only" Sign will apply to the said half black man. If the tencho says " Japanese only" then the half black man will have a proper rebuttal by replying he is technically Japanese.

This may confuse things. What will said tencho do in such situations? This may be a novel situation to many tenchos

You're overthinking it - if it confuses them, they say "no". If someone makes them uncomfortable, they say "no".

Clear enough? These guys aren't doing a sociology degree at Keio and working in fuzoku for field research.

Are you half black?

My heart and soul are positively inky.

They may let him in if he speaks flawless Japanese. Their tolerance level is extremely low though as it's the way they identify non-Japanese Asian. At the end of the day, their "Japanese only" is not "Asian only".

As a full fledged African American, I noticed that I get turned down at many of the local shops.

But I've been wondering what the situation is like for half Japanese half black dudes here. I've seen many here and upon first glance I can tell they are half, but at the same time I notice that the black gene dominates.

It seems like an awkward situation for a no gaijin provider. What do they do? They can't really say no? Am I right?

It would be interesting to run an experiment to see how many doors open for Rui Hachimura. Great prime time TV with hidden cameras and mics. I suspect his fame, celebrity and money will open some doors, that may have been closed to him a few years ago, but there will be places, and women, that still give him a firm "NO".

If a place has a strict Japanese only policy, then Doorman 101 is that a "half" doesn't get in. Even if your born and raised in Japan, have a Japanese passport and a Japanese name, speak perfect Japanese and look cool or cute....your not "Japanese" in some peoples mind. Your in the "half" box ( or one of the half boxes). That thinking surfaces in mainstream media around "half" athletes and celebrities, and gets magnified when you get down to street level.

You can find numerous blogs about the experience of mixed race people in japan. Would be worth checking them out to understand the challenges that they face to be accepted in Japanese society.
If you’re visibly mixed race, getting the Neanderthal brain of the doorman of a fuzoku joint to join you in philosophical discussions about the fact that race is a social construct is going to be difficult.

I've been to certain shops with a friend of mine who is Japanese/Caucasian mixed, but very obviously mixed, who also holds a Japanese passport, spent the majority of is life in Japan and is absolutely fluent in Japanese. The second we walk up to the door, doorman looks at him and gives him the crossed arms. He tells the guy off in fluent Japanese and still, arms are crossed. Doorman looks at me, gets confused and starts lowering his arms until I blurt out, "FUCK THIS PLACE, MAN!" and then the arms come up again and he starts shouting for us to leave.

If that's what they do to half WHITE guys, I can only imagine what they'd do to half black...particularly since "half black" in Japan, for all intents and purposes, is the same as full black.

Next time you get cockblocked by some racist tencho, whip out that 9.5 inch monster you were describing earlier and wave it at him. You aren't getting in, but at least you'll get the satisfaction of watching the color drain from his face as his dick and self esteem shrink and wither and he goes home traumatized with an even more ferociously burning hatred of black folks. I say, if they're gonna hate you anyway, may as well give them a good reason.

It would be interesting to run an experiment to see how many doors open for Rui Hachimura. Great prime time TV with hidden cameras and mics. I suspect his fame, celebrity and money will open some doors, that may have been closed to him a few years ago, but there will be places, and women, that still give him a firm "NO".

If a place has a strict Japanese only policy, then Doorman 101 is that a "half" doesn't get in. Even if your born and raised in Japan, have a Japanese passport and a Japanese name, speak perfect Japanese and look cool or cute....your not "Japanese" in some peoples mind. Your in the "half" box ( or one of the half boxes). That thinking surfaces in mainstream media around "half" athletes and celebrities, and gets magnified when you get down to street level.

A similar story with Sani Brown, I would suspect.

Reactions: hardharry and namae

Hahahahahah inky? What kind if answer is that? Hahahaah

A similar story with Sani Brown, I would suspect.

Yes. Except the bandwagon has not caught up with Abdul Hakim Sani Brown yet. Maybe if he makes the finals, or medals, in 2020, Kabukicho and Yoshiwara may open more doors for Brown-san.

I am enjoying the success of "half" athletes in Japan. The media drive the bandwagon, but at the same time they seem to be walking on eggshells around issues related to race and national identity. Mildly amusing watching the conflict. I am not sure Naomi Osaka fully understood what she was getting into when she chose Japan over the USA.

Depends entirely on if the black half of the fella in question looks like Obama or Bob Marley, or like Mike Tyson or Wesley Snipes. Light skin, svelt and pointy nosed = Come on in buddy! Dark, muscular, flat nosed = Hit the road, Jack! Japanese people follow the white folks lead in liking black peole who look kinda like white people. It follows that the Buta likes chubby pink people with curly tails.

Last edited:
I am not sure Naomi Osaka fully understood what she was getting into when she chose Japan over the USA.

I find it so amusing how the Japanese media try to paint Naomi as one of Japan's finest. I understand the strategy the father had by registering her as a national but it might help if she could at least speak Japanese. I'm hoping she'll one day do the right thing and declare herself an American, because she's got so much more decency and class than any of the other so-called "champions" we've got here nowadays. Watching her spank that grunting, obese, classless sack of shit she idolized (Serena) was pure pleasure for me.

Reactions: Snuggles

I know a half Italian half Japanese who get refused at those shops so I guess it would be the same for half black

I find it so amusing how the Japanese media try to paint Naomi as one of Japan's finest. I understand the strategy the father had by registering her as a national but it might help if she could at least speak Japanese. I'm hoping she'll one day do the right thing and declare herself an American, because she's got so much more decency and class than any of the other so-called "champions" we've got here nowadays. Watching her spank that grunting, obese, classless sack of shit she idolized (Serena) was pure pleasure for me.
she has already declared herself as a citizen of whatever country Pokémon is from. She has no interest in anything but tennis and juvenile fantasy computer games.

she has already declared herself as a citizen of whatever country Pokémon is from.

I think it was her father that declared her the citizen of the country that will pay her more for playing.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Status
Not open for further replies.