Guest viewing is limited

Half-width numbers only

Lars Lust

TAG Member
Reaction score
Unexpected problem. I’m trying to register on a Japanese site. No problem until I came to the phone number. Received the above message. I know how to write kana on Line, etc. But I don’t understand what this means, or how to do it on an iPhone. I’m definitely not a Japanese language scholar. I basically don’t know how to write the language.

0120-123-4567 < Full Width
0120-123-4567 < Half-Width

It's basically normal numeric input.

Thanks. I thought so, but doesn’t work. Might be something else then. I’ll work on it

Thanks. I thought so, but doesn’t work. Might be something else then. I’ll work on it
Post a clip of what you are trying to enter and we can help decipher what you need.
I know I've been tripped up on some weird requirements on form entries when it's done the 'Japanese' way.

I think I have figured out what might be the issue. It’s a DH service I have used many times. I know they have my phone # in their system. The half-width message is information not an error message. The error message is: Validation Error: isUniqueMemberTelno

Reactions: Sudsy
Unfortunately Japanese web site forms not working is an expected problem. Normally the first thing to do is to try to change the browser to IE. :eek:

That is how I have managed to use many insurance, university and government web sites. Of course some of them still want your name in kanji only. o_O

Enter - without hyphens - in Japanese input, and convert to half width in Japanese. There actually is a difference.

And any form designer who actually codes that difference in is a jackass.

I think I have figured out what might be the issue. It’s a DH service I have used many times. I know they have my phone # in their system. The half-width message is information not an error message. The error message is: Validation Error: isUniqueMemberTelno

Missed that one. Your number is already registered on their system, probably on the back end from the call reception typing it in. Ring 'em up and ask them to sort it out maybe?

Unexpected problem. I’m trying to register on a Japanese site. No problem until I came to the phone number. Received the above message. I know how to write kana on Line, etc. But I don’t understand what this means, or how to do it on an iPhone. I’m definitely not a Japanese language scholar. I basically don’t know how to write the language.

Open the HTML source from your browser and check if the following tag and this specific parameter exist:

<input type="tel" gaijins-allowed="no">

Reactions: User#42695