Happy 4th of July

Well, the french did help. And gave us a great tourist attraction 100 years later :)
Not to mention about 1/4 of your territory sold by Napoleon at outrageously low price !
(What a dick, if only he had not invaded Russia and kept Louisiana...)
But hey we should be thankful for WW1 and WW2, of course. Also naming "French fries" (which we all know are belgian) "Freedom fries". We choked in laughter on this one!

Not to mention about 1/4 of your territory sold by Napoleon at outrageously low price !
(What a dick, if only he had not invaded Russia and kept Louisiana...)
But hey we should be thankful for WW1 and WW2, of course. Also naming "French fries" (which we all know are belgian) "Freedom fries". We choked in laughter on this one!
Louisiana is sinking into the ocean at an alarming rate. Personally, I think the French came off better. The price of keeping it livable is ridiculous and I'd personally turn it all into a national park and make everyone leave just to save billions to use on something like, free healthcare :)

Reactions: MikeH
Louisiana is sinking into the ocean at an alarming rate. Personally, I think the French came off better. The price of keeping it livable is ridiculous and I'd personally turn it all into a national park and make everyone leave just to save billions to use on something like, free healthcare :)
Yeah but OUR Louisiana was much bigger than this swamp. Why do you think there are cities called DesMoines or Saint Louis? (Ok maybe you don't think much of them either , I dunno)

Yeah but OUR Louisiana was much bigger than this swamp. Why do you think there are cities called DesMoines or Saint Louis? (Ok maybe you don't think much of them either , I dunno)

I admit to forgetting just how large the purchase was, it's been many years since I had an American History class. No, I don't think much of those cities though. Save the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team of course.

The original Brexit.

Oh by the way I also wish an excellent 4th of July to our British friends here cause I'm still an ass after all :D
Don't worry: their maple syrup-slurping toadies came down 35 years later and burned the capitol. They still talk about it 200 years later. :sleep:

Through the half-Yank Churchill we had our revenge on Juno, so it's all good. Chumps thought they could apologize their way through the defenses. :nailbiting::dead:

Don't worry: their maple syrup-slurping toadies came down 35 years later and burned the capitol. They still talk about it 200 years later. :sleep:

Through the half-Yank Churchill we had our revenge on Juno, so it's all good. Chumps thought they could apologize their way through the defenses. :nailbiting::dead:

Thanks I didn't know about this historical episode . Always assumed the US were in good terms with the Brits after the independence

Thanks I didn't know about this historical episode . Always assumed the US were in good terms with the Brits after the independence
No. That special relationship didn't gel until the poms put a half-blood into 10 Downing street.

Not at all. The Americans had designs on northward expansion until close to the time of the first World War. After WW1 the alliance with the Commonwealth was fairly firmly cemented, and now we're good enough friends that we let them have the recipe for poutine.

Reactions: Frenchy and MikeH