Happy New Year !

f366649ef148586e0d469f186e54c3e4.jpg

Wishing you guys and girls a fantastic New Years eve and a beautiful 2017!!!

I'm enjoying Gaki no Tsukai and Kohaku at the same time.

Attachments

• IMG_3987.JPG
    IMG_3987.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: Ken1988 and Guuu
Happy New Year everyone. I am just hanging out being my nerdy self. Probably going to open up lightroom and start organizing photos that should have been organized years go. 18K images should be a real blast. :-p Hoping the whatever your doing on NYE is what you do the rest of the year. Being more organized is high on my priority list. Especially if I am going to get more playtime in. :-D

For God's sake @Exnocomment, be careful and don't lose your phone!!! :eek:

Far far better to lose your wallet or one of your testicles surely! o_O

-Ww

Haha, I'm actually too old for that kind of stuff nowadays - but it did feel appropriate to post at the time!

Luckily I'll be safe in sound at a friend's party with good food, good booze, good company.. And a good view for fireworks! :cool:

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve.

Mine kind of sucked. Went to a small beach town in Thailand and had an ok time, but my date got sloppy drunk and was annoying.

Got her back to my apartment after a 30 minute taxi ride. She promptly trashed the bathroom and destroyed my shower curtain. Oh well, could have been worse.

Anyway, 2016 is over and I hope NYE 2017 finds me in a better place.

Haha, I'm actually too old for that kind of stuff nowadays - but it did feel appropriate to post at the time!

Luckily I'll be safe in sound at a friend's party with good food, good booze, good company.. And a good view for fireworks! :cool:

I lied to myself..

I got pretty smashed and am now quite hung over. Oysters, cheese, meat and too much bubbly.. :hurting:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
This must be new then. I have spent new year a couple of times in Japan and when I asked Japanese about fireworks the answer was always no or only hanabi

That could be the case I've only been here 7 years and I know that I've seen them advertised a couple times, but it's not anywhere near as popular as in the summer time.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
That is absolutely not true. They do fireworks over the bay in Tokyo every year.

http://www.newyearsevetokyo2015.com/

The pictures are fake except for the middle one perhaps.:snaphappy: It's absolutely impossible to plan a fireworks event around the Tokyo tower as it is next to Zojo-ji temple. No shinto shirines are found at the edge of the Tokyo Bay. Tokyo Disneyland does a special fireworks event at midnight Jan 1 but it's an extension of something they do every night.

Fireworks tradition in Japan started as part of Bon festival where people honor and commemorate their ancestors. So it's a summer thing.

The pictures are fake except for the middle one perhaps.:snaphappy: It's absolutely impossible to plan a fireworks event around the Tokyo tower as it is next to Zojo-ji temple. No shinto shirines are found at the edge of the Tokyo Bay. Tokyo Disneyland does a special fireworks event at midnight Jan 1 but it's an extension of something they do every night.

Fireworks tradition in Japan started as part of Bon festival where people honor and commemorate their ancestors. So it's a summer thing.

Well duh yes the photos are fake, but I have seen the disney fireworks so I know they aren't lying about those.

Reactions: Ken1988
There is no fireworks in Japan during new year.

Mine was pretty tame in Germany. I spent the evening with my best friend, some veggie sticks and dipp, a bit of wine, movie and that was it. Even went to bed at 1am haha.
There are fireworks on New Years Eve in Yokohama for sure....

Mine was pretty tame in Germany. I spent the evening with my best friend, some veggie sticks and dipp, a bit of wine, movie and that was it. Even went to bed at 1am haha.

I have spent a new year's eve at the Brandenburger Tor once with my German ex.
It was nice experience definitely but was freezing!

My new year's day this year was sucky. I got sick and had to stay in bed...( FYI, I first made a typo "dick". No, I didn't get that and that's not the reason why I had to stay in bed.)

I have spent a new year's eve at the Brandenburger Tor once with my German ex.
It was nice experience definitely but was freezing!

My new year's day this year was sucky. I got sick and had to stay in bed...( FYI, I first made a typo "dick". No, I didn't get that and that's not the reason why I had to stay in bed.)

I have never been to Berlin during New Years but have visited before with school :) the Brandenburger Tor is very nice tho. This time it was freezing as well and that's why I stayed inside with a short step out to the balcony.

Sorry to hear that you got sick :( I hope everything is better now. Take care!