Guest viewing is limited

Has there been a clean up?

The888

TAG Member
Reaction score
Back in Tokyo for the week on business - I'm here usually 2-3 times a year.

Checked my usual haunts for working girls - ANA Intercontinental Mixx, The Oak Door, Rigolettos and there is literally not a girl in sight!!

As there been a tidy up around Akasaka!?

Reactions: AliceInWonderland

Checked my usual haunts for working girls - ANA Intercontinental Mixx, The Oak Door, Rigolettos and there is literally not a girl in sight!!

Good questions, i've been to R2 and Oak Door but didn't notice any working girls and i wont be the only one freestyling somewhere, awkward!
Motown is still supposed to have them but from reports it sound like its the most dangerous place in Japan, so i dont really wanna go there. Plus its quite low level p4p.

Reactions: Ioloop

Market changes. Less expats in Tokyo, a lot moved overseas and there aren't nearly as many business travellers to Tokyo as there used to be. (virtualization and better technology is to blame for part of it, the rest is companies moving key roles out of Japan and into places like HK and Singapore for the ASPAC region.)
A lot of the girls that you would normally find have moved on to other countries, moved to services or just simply quit.

The landscape has changed because the market has changed. There hasn't been a real clean-up in the way you may think.

Thanks both.

It sonly been a few months between visits and it's gone from 'take your pick' to 'where is everyone'.

I did think about Motown and R2 but to be honest, I'm at place in life where I can't be arsed to work a busy bar in the hope I might find something. Much preferred the obvious girl at the Mixx bar, buy her a drink and deal done.

Ps.not been to motown but from what I hear, I wouldn't be drinking a drop.

Saw one girl in Mixx, only as I'm staying in the hotel, with work mates.

Managed to ditch them with the old 'tired, hit the sack' routine. Went back up to the bar and chatted to her but she cashed in her bill and left with the excuse of 'her friend was in town and had just arrived'. She started the convo, saw her nursing the same drink for an hour straight whilst there with mates.

Wandered through reception (on way to 7/11) and she's with a pilot. So can only assume she's on a paid visit from the pilot and was probably working the bar for the odd hour before he landed. Classic.

Otherwise......naff all. Been a long week!!!!

Last chance saloon tomorrow......depending on work dinner arrnagements.

Finally found one in Mixx - I got there late after a work dinner. Started to talk to her but she said her friend had just arrived but she wished we had met earlier.

She left, I left, went through the lobby as wanted to grab some water from the Family Mart and she was down stairs with a pilot. So assume she was working the bar for an hour or two before her regular landed.

There was also another girl working who was working some bloke, left together after 15mins.

I think the ANA has new management - 2 new managers running the lounge and bar areas at least plus joining the dots up of a fee conversations. So might be to do with it, Mixx used to be an easy prowl.

Rigoletto's last night I think had a couple working but not my type at all and a couple of younger Japanese girls who seemed to be on gaijin hunt.

So - a long old week.

Might stay in the Grand Hyatt next time. Any reccomendations other than Oak Door and Rigoletto?

where is good place to find Japanese ladies looking for a quick hookup or date?

Real disappointed, seems like there was a clean up right before I got out here. I don't live here anymore but it seems like all the Happening Bars require a national health insurance card, instead of just an official ID

Real disappointed, seems like there was a clean up right before I got out here. I don't live here anymore but it seems like all the Happening Bars require a national health insurance card, instead of just an official ID
wtf? either you misunderstood or you are about to get scammed pretty bad. OR you were at a hospital themed girls bar that just got way too deep into the role-play.

wtf? either you misunderstood or you are about to get scammed pretty bad. OR you were at a hospital themed girls bar that just got way too deep into the role-play.
Yeah.. always have used my driver’s license when ID is needed. Never been asked for insurance card. You’d probably need a zairyu card or passport if not a resident of Japan. Zairyu card in lieu of Drivers license.

But, we do and can use the insurance card as ID in some cases... it’s strange but it’s accpeted as ID a lot of the time.

But, we do and can use the insurance card as ID in some cases... it’s strange but it’s accpeted as ID a lot of the time.
Is some cases yes, but many places require picture ID.

I've never been in a happening bar that required health insurance...

Reactions: MikeH

And that makes many locals really paranoid about losing their insurance cards. I was like how that can be a big problem, it doesn't even have your picture in it. And they were well exactly that's why it's a big deal, pretty much anyone can use it as an ID.

Though I guess a foreign name in the card would cause some suspicions if the carrier would look 100% pure blood local.

No, read the requirements on every single happening bars website now. Its in big bold red letters even on places like Colors. A national health insurance card (combined with a photo ID) is required for new members. I did not have my card for my old favorite spot in Shinjuku and expected to just breeze in since I was a member but it had lapsed. There is a complete and total refusal now if you are not a resident of Japan with a health insurance card. I brought many friends, residents and visitors, when I lived there and was extremely disappointed with the new rules. My favorite spot actually had been shut down my first week of my trip and reopened and updated their website with the new rule while I was there. All the other happening bars display the new rule prominently in the membership guidelines now

hey guys, just to weigh in on the happening bar ID situation - they are defo being way more strict right now. I no longer have a zairyu card as I’m mostly in Korea these days, but been back in Tokyo for a bit recently and have been turned away from both Sleeping Beauty and 9259 due to no Japanese ID (despite having visited a bunch of times in the past). Went back to 9259 last night with a mate who knows the shop staff well and between us we managed to talk me in with just my overseas IDs, but it was close and only on the understanding that I have to bring my zairyu card next time (which means there won’t be a next time, or not any time soon, anyway. Shame... great night, as usual). He didn’t mention health insurance in my case - but he did ask to see my mate’s (who is Japanese) in order to re-register him... apparently 9259 got busted a few weeks ago and was closed for a couple weeks. They’ve just reopened with stricter rules, and I think all existing members are being re-vetted and re-registered when they next visit. Makes sense if the other bars are also being stricter as a result. Only place I’ve had no issues entering recently is Retreat, but I’ve hit Retreat at least once on every visit to Tokyo this year (4 times) and it’s my usual spot, know all the staff etc so that surely helps. I guess I may have trouble renewing when my present year membership expires, but will just have to deal with that when it comes around.

But shit... if I can’t get into happening bars anymore next year I might have to stop bothering with Tokyo! Hopeless addict, they’re literally my favourite thing about visiting this city

Back in Tokyo in Feb, so starting a bit of research again. I'll 99.9pc staying at the ANA Intercontinental as usual - so Mixx will be my first port of call.

What's the going rate these days for a bar girl?

I don't usually carry that much cash, so usually grab some before I go scouting - just be a shame to be 50 quid short!

Cheers!

apparently 9259 got busted a few weeks ago and was closed for a couple weeks. They’ve just reopened with stricter rules,

So I guess that this means that now the police has the Name and Adress of all members?

I almost convinced someone to go to a HB with me, but she has a really unusual surname and she was not comfortable with the fact that her name would be in the list.

So I guess that this means that now the police has the Name and Adress of all members?
I guess we are fucked, literally.

But on the other hand, what do they care? They cant even prove we did any indecency there, its a nomihodai bar after all, a lot of people just go there to drink and play darts,

But on the other hand, what do they care? They cant even prove we did any indecency there, its a nomihodai bar after all, a lot of people just go there to drink and play darts,

I guess that some people don't really care if it becomes public that they use to go to HB. For others it can be a problem. I can think of married people who don't happen go there with their spouse, people who are somehow public figures, etc.

What is clear is that the police cannot prove that someone performed acts of "public indecency" just because their name is on the list.

I guess that some people don't really care if it becomes public that they use to go to HB. For others it can be a problem. I can think of married people who don't happen go there with their spouse, people who are somehow public figures, etc.

What is clear is that the police cannot prove that someone performed acts of "public indecency" just because their name is on the list.
Yeah but i dont think the police would lack they names to their spouses either?

Did anyone have a rough idea of rate for a hotel bar girl at the moment?