Guest viewing is limited

HB for single American female

Lokiofasgard

TAG Member
Reaction score
I've lived in tokyo for about two years now and I have yet to go to a HB. My japanese is conversational but not great. I was wondering if there was a HB recommendation for single female gaijin with basic japanese skill. I'm attractive so I'm not sure of that would help any. I do prefer only japanese men though. Thank you in advance

I've lived in tokyo for about two years now and I have yet to go to a HB. My japanese is conversational but not great. I was wondering if there was a HB recommendation for single female gaijin with basic japanese skill. I'm attractive so I'm not sure of that would help any. I do prefer only japanese men though. Thank you in advance

I'd try 9259 first, and if you can't get in there, I'd suggest Bliss Out as the fall back option.

Keep in mind that the scene in a given HB varies tremendously from one night to another (for not reason obvious to me) and with time of day (the action and crowd size tends to increase as the hour grows later, usually peaking after last train), so a single visit won't necessarily give you an accurate impression of what the experience can be.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I'll be here for another two years, so I'm willing to try different nights and HB. I usually go out on the weekend at night. I'm worried if I go first time with a japanese guy I'll be registered as a couple and I don't want that. Thinking about bringing a guy to help me register then next time I'll already have a I'd so I can just walk in. I know some require decent skill in japanese to get in.

I'll be here for another two years, so I'm willing to try different nights and HB. I usually go out on the weekend at night. I'm worried if I go first time with a japanese guy I'll be registered as a couple and I don't want that. Thinking about bringing a guy to help me register then next time I'll already have a I'd so I can just walk in. I know some require decent skill in japanese to get in.

HB's - you can go as a single female, they don't register you together if you go with a male. You get your own member's card.

CK's (Olive21) is a different beast.

Awesome that's good. I'm just worried about being rejected if they don't deem my japanese c I'd enough. Do you know hard they are on your japanese skilss

I'm worried if I go first time with a japanese guy I'll be registered as a couple and I don't want that.

Unless they've changed their system at 9259, it is "worse" than that. If you show up as part of a male-female couple and elect to pay the reduced entrance fee for a couple, they will put a wrist band on each of you indicating that you are together, and you are then required to stay together while in the club...including in the play rooms! You can of course still play with other people, but your "mate" has be with you at all times...except when one of you goes to the toilet. You can pay more and not be "marked" as a couple though. Afaik, 9259 is the only HB that uses this system.

Another option you might consider is finding a couple who is going to one of the HBs and go as their "third wheel", so to speak. You could then have their help getting in the door and navigating the scene in the club (assuming they were experienced with HBs) but still be on your own as much as you wish. I have gone to HBs on occasion with multiple partners along these rough lines.

-Ww

Last edited:
Haha I would be happy to go as third wheel. I prefer to be alone when I go out as it gives me a sense of thrill and excitement. People tend to talk to me more when I'm alone as compared to with a male accompanies me. Third wheel option sound like a good option.

I prefer to be alone when I go out as it gives me a sense of thrill and excitement. People tend to talk to me more when I'm alone as compared to with a male accompanies me.

Nice! Bravo!

As you doubtless know, Tokyo is just about the perfect place for an attractive young (or other) woman to explore on her own, especially compared to any even semi-sizable American city. Good on you for taking advantage of the opportunity.

-Ww

I know right you totally on the dot. I get the thrill of being by myself but the safeness of japan so I I'm like in a semi safe environment, compared to I would say Los Angeles or New York. I definitely would not walk alone in Los Angeles at night. I feel hundred times safer walking around Roppo by myself in an alley then I would in a shady part of Los Angeles

I feel hundred times safer walking around Roppo by myself in an alley then I would in a shady part of Los Angeles

I'd bet that the actual statistical risk is more than a 100 times less than it would be in LA.

-Ww

If any y'all have some more debauchery places I and open and willing to try out. I get bored going to the same 3 clubs every weekend.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Absolutely agree. Even shady kabukicho is safe, tho had a scary run in or two.

"Dangerous neighborhoods" in Tokyo have aggressive and annoying touts who can cause you to lose some money if you give them a chance. Dangerous neighborhoods in the US have folks who will kill you to get your iPhone. Different worlds.

-Ww

If any y'all have some more debauchery places I and open and willing to try out. I get bored going to the same 3 clubs every weekend.

Tokyo offers endless options, though many not available to single females...but there are surely a lot more than 3 clubs you could access. Why just three?

And what sort of debauchery interests you? Host clubs are an option as are strip clubs (both a bit crazy expensive) and BDSM clubs...

-Ww

I've done host clubs with little success due to communication barrier. I do rope play on the occasion. Obviously since I'm a female SL aren't available. I do frequent fetlife events such as torture garden and Shibari events. I go to 3 clubs because the other I attend don't have good music or are full of foreign guys. HB just became known to be recently and pique my interest.

If your goal is getting laid by Japanese men without having good Japanese language skills, an HB would be perfect if you can get in. You could likely have your pick of the guys there and can get horizontal quickly with little more than a smile and gestures.

That said, I am not going to be the best source for other suggestions but others here might have some to offer, especially some of the TAG ladies.

Good luck in any case!

-Ww

Hey Loki,

If your Japanese is conversational you’ll be fine to get in. Hell, they let me in after all! And if you’re an attractive single female they definitely want you in there.

For single females new to the scene I’d recommend 9259 and Retreat. Definitely not Sleeping Beauty.

I’m going to be in Tokyo soon for a couple of weeks and would be happy to go with you - I’m already a member at several HBs and would pay as a single guy, while you register as a single female. I say this with no expectation of any play between us, I understand you want to be there as a single and get yourself some J boys! But happy to help you find it, get in, and get comfortable initially, and then get out of the way while you do your thing. PM me if interested.

(Also for anyone who recalls my HB failures in Osaka last year, I’m in Osaka again right now and am gonna try again next week. Update coming soon!)

(Makes me wanna be a young and hung J-boy for a night :p)

I'd try 9259 first, and if you can't get in there, I'd suggest Bliss Out as the fall back option.

Keep in mind that the scene in a given HB varies tremendously from one night to another (for not reason obvious to me) and with time of day (the action and crowd size tends to increase as the hour grows later, usually peaking after last train), so a single visit won't necessarily give you an accurate impression of what the experience can be.

-Ww
so you think 9259 is better than blissout ? I'm only familiar with the 1st one and was thinking about trying the latter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wwanderer