Hello all

Skywalker86

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m new to the site and new to Japan(still waiting to move from South Korea soon) . Looking forward to learning new stuff and meeting new people.

anyone have any info on Kanagawa and specifically Sagamihara?

thanks

Reactions: Simonka
Your best bet for action is to take the train to Tokyo.
I am guessing that our friend will have an issue with entering Tokyo, due to Covid restrictions. Unless I miss my guess, he’s inbound military.

Reactions: Skywalker86
I am guessing that our friend will have an issue with entering Tokyo, due to Covid restrictions. Unless I miss my guess, he’s inbound military.
Actually, his sig line says prior military but now a contractor. (y)

Interesting, not showing on mobile.

no just a civilian contractor. Arriving in January some time

Reactions: Sudsy
Actually, his sig line says prior military but now a contractor. (y)
Display issues aside, civilian contractors have the same restrictions as active duty personnel, unfortunately.

Display issues aside, civilian contractors have the same restrictions as active duty personnel, unfortunately.
Sorry about that, sig lines on TAG are not displayed on smaller screens to save display real estate.

Five years in SK active duty now a contractor in Kanagawa? Sounds like former Army, now working the civilian side with a gig in Zama. I've got a number of friends doing that very same thing right now. Shit, I had relatives there 75 years ago in the intel business (for America, I should add).

OP, first off, don't go looking for P4P opportunities near base. For that matter, don't look for any opportunities. It won't end well. Trust me. As other have pointed out, just suck it up and catch the train to Tokyo. Do your homework here and make a day trip, or even an overnight trip, out of it. You'll probably hear that there are opportunities with the gaijin fan crowd near base, and I've known a number of opportunist skanks who work in service industry jobs in nearby areas like Chigasaki and Yokosuka (they like to work at Costco, FYI) hoping to hop on a white/black/brown dick and score a green card stateside but those girls are usually fundamentally damaged and you don't want to dip your wick that close to base.

Keep it dirty and keep it in Tokyo. You're so close to the promised land...no need to risk your security clearance when anonymous ass can be had just an hour away. Besides, you'll get tired of Kanagawa quicker than you might imagine.

just suck it up and catch the train to Tokyo
Currently off limits to SOFA personnel. As is metro Nagoya (no loss), and the fun parts of Yokohama.

Currently off limits to SOFA personnel. As is metro Nagoya (no loss), and the fun parts of Yokohama.

Just curious, how would they recognize SOFA personnel? Or is it more of a risk thing, in case you're stopped by a cop and asked for ID and don't have the proper forms?

Just curious, how would they recognize SOFA personnel? Or is it more of a risk thing, in case you're stopped by a cop and asked for ID and don't have the proper forms?

It must be the horny stoned look in their eyes. Though at least the guys I have talked to were not willing to take the odd chance being caught and send back to the states with the next plane.

Reactions: Keihan
It must be the horny stoned look in their eyes. Though at least the guys I have talked to were not willing to take the odd chance being caught and send back to the states with the next plane.

I'd have to be stoned to tolerate being stuck in Yokohama for more than a day. There are only so many hours I can entertain myself, drunkenly walking through Chinatown waving my U.S. passport around and trying to pick up desperate Chinese girls from the street vendor stands. YOU LIKEY GO YOO-ESS-AAY? The last time I made the mistake of staying there overnight I got so bored I ended up jogging behind a group of middle-aged housewives down at the pier, staring at their asses in those tight leggings Japanese seem to love running in, and ended my night drinking alone at that park behind the stadium. Nice quiet place, comfy chairs, no urinals but there's a nice big pond that makes a great substitute. The young couples walking by on dates just love it.

Reactions: MikeH
Yeah, I think with COVID, you're going to be subject to strict boundaries. If you catch COVID, you need to explain why you left the boundary and you'll probably be fired. One of my buddies working as a Contractor in Yokosuka couldn't even go to Yokohama and was told he would be fired if they found out. It's up to you on the risk you'll accept, but just know there will be severe consequences.

Reactions: MikeH
If something happens that ends up with police or emergency services interaction, the base is contacted, and in the case of contractors, they're terminated and sent back to the USA, and placed on the DoD blacklist for future employment. In the case of active duty personnel, there's a range of disciplinary actions in play, up to and including a DD.

The risk of getting caught is low, but the consequences are exceedingly high.

Five years in SK active duty now a contractor in Kanagawa? Sounds like former Army, now working the civilian side with a gig in Zama. I've got a number of friends doing that very same thing right now. Shit, I had relatives there 75 years ago in the intel business (for America, I should add).

OP, first off, don't go looking for P4P opportunities near base. For that matter, don't look for any opportunities. It won't end well. Trust me. As other have pointed out, just suck it up and catch the train to Tokyo. Do your homework here and make a day trip, or even an overnight trip, out of it. You'll probably hear that there are opportunities with the gaijin fan crowd near base, and I've known a number of opportunist skanks who work in service industry jobs in nearby areas like Chigasaki and Yokosuka (they like to work at Costco, FYI) hoping to hop on a white/black/brown dick and score a green card stateside but those girls are usually fundamentally damaged and you don't want to dip your wick that close to base.

Keep it dirty and keep it in Tokyo. You're so close to the promised land...no need to risk your security clearance when anonymous ass can be had just an hour away. Besides, you'll get tired of Kanagawa quicker than you might imagine.

Much app
If something happens that ends up with police or emergency services interaction, the base is contacted, and in the case of contractors, they're terminated and sent back to the USA, and placed on the DoD blacklist for future employment. In the case of active duty personnel, there's a range of disciplinary actions in play, up to and including a DD.

The risk of getting caught is low, but the consequences are exceedingly high.

—-
unfortunately you are right about that, I have been getting information little by little from my employer over there in regards to restrictions. It sucks but I’m remaining hopeful Tokyo will open up at some point. Thanks for all the info guys

Reactions: TAG Manager